Scottish Cup draw

ABC123.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Great idea, could be done at the start of the following season make preseason a bit more attractive 

Champions Cup in Leafa scuppers that i'd believe.

Far too many cups not enough league games.

Great idea, could be done at the start of the following season make preseason a bit more attractive 
I think it would attract a lot of interest to be honest. Could be played over a single weekend somewhere situated that suits all concerned, plus it would get teams who may never cross paths a chance to play each other.

Champions Cup in Leafa scuppers that i'd believe.

Far too many cups not enough league games.
I think this would be more welcomed as its not regional and brings possibly 4 different associations togther.

Personally id love to see how the likes of sandys would do against the likes of colville, hurlford, shortlees etc

I think thats what the powers that be tried to do with select teams from leagues, but players not taking these teams serious enough led to damp squib of a competition.

if it was regional cup winners then players, playing for their own club, would apply themselves more to the games and would give a better picture of which area is strongest.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Any shocks in store for this weekend?

Colville v EKYM looks like a cracker considering EKYM's league form this season.

Cant see a shock there , Colville will have too much for them.

Not sure if it would be a shock but Pennies to beat last year's finalist's Goldenhill. That one may even need a replay to settle it.

Archived