Scottish Cup draw

ABC123.

On 04/11/2018 at 15:45, BingeDrinker said:

You just couldn't leave it alone. Just like your ridiculous post on your teams fb page about polishing silverware and your comments about eastfield. Not everyone has too think Shortlees are the best you know! We are allowed to have opinions that don't surround around them being the best thing since sliced bread 

I didn’t write anything ridiculous mate. You are obviously a Hurlford fan or attached to them in some way. Eastfield will have looked at my post, and I knew ithey would before I wrote these so called ridiculous comments.  I have given them nothing but respect in the post. When we draw a team in any of the big cups, you get a lot of new views and likes on your page that week, which indicates that the team you drew is looking at your page. We also have a lot of followers on our page and after a few comments on social media sites, making comments about how Eastfield will beat us, I was just reminding our followers, and the watching Eastfield, that on our day we are not bad ourselves, and have won the silverware to prove it. It is called gamesmanship, or as some might call it reverse psychology. Trust me we know that Eastfield are capable of beating us, and it would not be a surprise to many if they did. We expect a very tough, finally balanced game. Maybe our toughest tie since Thorn in the quarters last year. If they beat us, we will congratulate them the same way we do with every team we lose too, have a wee greet..... then move forward to our next match. So don’t say it is ridiculous, you obviously don’t know me mate.

OR MAYBE YOU DO! 

P.s. I was actually polishing the glasswear, not the silverware, that’s what the post says, I do it every two weeks, as I’m very proud of it. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The Mouth said:

Hmm.... Shortlees won the scottish last year and got to the quarters of the west and it never hampered them. Pish poor base for your opinion and I reckon your fishing for bites and cunny obliged so well played on that alone.

I just did again on his next reply which started with, you just couldn’t leave it alone could you. Which proves your point. I should have been a trout. Can’t help myself sometimes. 

14 minutes ago, Cunny said:

I didn’t write anything ridiculous mate. You are obviously a Hurlford fan or attached to them in some way. Eastfield will have looked at my post, and I knew ithey would before I wrote these so called ridiculous comments.  I have given them nothing but respect in the post. When we draw a team in any of the big cups, you get a lot of new views and likes on your page that week, which indicates that the team you drew is looking at your page. We also have a lot of followers on our page and after a few comments on social media sites, making comments about how Eastfield will beat us, I was just reminding our followers, and the watching Eastfield, that on our day we are not bad ourselves, and have won the silverware to prove it. It is called gamesmanship, or as some might call it reverse psychology. Trust me we know that Eastfield are capable of beating us, and it would not be a surprise to many if they did. We expect a very tough, finally balanced game. Maybe our toughest tie since Thorn in the quarters last year. If they beat us, we will congratulate them the same way we do with every team we lose too, have a wee greet..... then move forward to our next match. So don’t say it is ridiculous, you obviously don’t know me mate.

OR MAYBE YOU DO! 

P.s. I was actually polishing the glasswear, not the silverware, that’s what the post says, I do it every two weeks, as I’m very proud of it. 

Why must I be connected with Hurlford? And if you read the rest of my comments towards other Shortlees followers you will clearly see that i have nothing to do with Hurlford in any way shape or form. Is it presumed that the only people who will speak about you in a negative way must be from Hurlford Thistle?

1 minute ago, BingeDrinker said:

Why must I be connected with Hurlford? And if you read the rest of my comments towards other Shortlees followers you will clearly see that i have nothing to do with Hurlford in any way shape or form. Is it presumed that the only people who will speak about you in a negative way must be from Hurlford Thistle?

Bye BingeDrinker. 

Another thread getting ruined by the usual boring, petty shite that's ruined so many in the past.

This is a Scottish Cup thread, so will you lot that so often think we are at all interested in your Ayrshire pettiness & pointless nonsense please take it back to the Ayrshire thread where the rest of us can ignore it. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, it'sJustMeDude said:

Another thread getting ruined by the usual boring, petty shite that's ruined so many in the past.

This is a Scottish Cup thread, so will you lot that so often think we are at all interested in your Ayrshire pettiness & pointless nonsense please take it back to the Ayrshire thread where the rest of us can ignore it. Thanks.

It started with a guy saying he believed Shortlees would do well in the Scottish but stupidly mentioned that might mean they won't in the league and he nearly got his head chewed off by the shortlees loyal! So looks like it was started on point but unfortunately the usual drag it elsewhere 

10 minutes ago, it'sJustMeDude said:

Here here.

Cunny, u say Thorn gave u ur toughest tie in last years 1/4s? Did u u not feel a bit relieved after the semi as for most of the 2nd half u's struggled to get out ur half? Knapp was a constant threat that night but if ur opponents hadnt been so wastefull with there chances it could have been all so different. 

As we know u need a bit of luck on ur side to win the big one and it was with u in the semi imo.

Note- Serious question not an attempt at looking for bites b4 anyone gets upset.

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

Here here.

Cunny, u say Thorn gave u ur toughest tie in last years 1/4s? Did u u not feel a bit relieved after the semi as for most of the 2nd half u's struggled to get out ur half? Knapp was a constant threat that night but if ur opponents hadnt been so wastefull with there chances it could have been all so different. 

As we know u need a bit of luck on ur side to win the big one and it was with u in the semi imo.

Note- Serious question not an attempt at looking for bites b4 anyone gets upset.

You are right mate Bannockburn were the better team in the Semi. Our goalie and defence kept us in it. Especially our goalie. Sometimes the defence have a great day and we defended well. The goalie and the  defence got the glory that day.

What I should have said, or what I meant by toughest , was that it took two very close games, our second game away, to divide Thorn and ourselves. Bannockburn on the other hand didn’t have a close game As you should have won,  but we got the breaks, and they didn’t. I came in to their dressing room and said to the management and players straight after the game, that Bannockburn deserved to win, and they did. I even tweeted and posted on our FB page that they should have won. 

But the two games against Thorn were close and tough for us both. So if it makes any sense, Bannockburn,  didn’t really have a hard game, we gave them, their  hardest game as they should have won. But that is the way it goes sometimes. Oban done it to us one year, I think if we had beat Oban, after battering them up there in the Quarters of the Scottish in 15/16, the year we won the West, I think we would have won the Scottish, as well as the West, Ayrshire cup,and  league, we were flying that year,20+ at every training session, and we also won every game home and away in our league that year as well. I could and would have retired on the spot.  Although I’m sure Mick will have something to say about that. But Oban defended for their lives and broke away in 88 min in their first real forage up the park of  the second half and scored. So we have been there, we have all been there. 

I expect Bannockburn to go far this year, and if we were not to win it, and go out, I would have liked for Goldenhill to win it, as we feel the pain for them, even when you win, as we have, we all have had disappointments, and we have beat them in two close finals. You feel sorry for them, after the game, the same for Colvile who lost a few. But hey Goldenhill are now out. We would love to win it again, but it is very hard to do once, never mind twice in consecutive seasons. 

I was at the Oban shortlees game. Very little in it in the first half. Oban ahead from free kick. Shortlees equalised with a penalty. Shortlees had a lot of the ball after that but it was mostly shots from distance. I thought Billy Mason was their best player.  Oban got the winner from the best bit of skill in the whole game. Should have added a third after that. Don't get me wrong Shortlees were very good but it wasn't quite the battering it was made out to be.

1 hour ago, 8 Bit said:

I was at the Oban shortlees game. Very little in it in the first half. Oban ahead from free kick. Shortlees equalised with a penalty. Shortlees had a lot of the ball after that but it was mostly shots from distance. I thought Billy Mason was their best player.  Oban got the winner from the best bit of skill in the whole game. Should have added a third after that. Don't get me wrong Shortlees were very good but it wasn't quite the battering it was made out to be.

I dont know about the best bit of skill to win the game, the ball trickled in to the net after the Oban  player miss hit it. We were battering Oban, and only one team looked like scoring. Joe Gold missed a pinch near the end to make it 2-2. The only reason they near scored again is because we had to commit players forward as it was final mins and we were going out. That goal at the time was the only shot they had at our goal all second half, as they couldn't get out.  I was happy with the draw and was screaming to just see the game out, and take the replay back to ours. But the players had a head of steam up, couldn't here me for our fans, and they never seen it coming. Their committee and management were shouting for full time, before they scored, as it was was looking inevitable that we were going to score. The ref who I didn't know at the time, actually contacted me after the game to wish us well and said we should have won easy, to keep our heads up and said we were brilliant that day, and just unlucky. I spoke to their manager and committee after the game, they even said they were very lucky and just happy to be in the hat. We  have remained friends with Oban committee ever since, great bunch of lads. But it's all about what you watch in a game, that was and will always remain my worst feeling after a loss. I still have nightmares about it. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
13 hours ago, Cunny said:

You are right mate Bannockburn were the better team in the Semi. Our goalie and defence kept us in it. Especially our goalie. Sometimes the defence have a great day and we defended well. The goalie and the  defence got the glory that day.

What I should have said, or what I meant by toughest , was that it took two very close games, our second game away, to divide Thorn and ourselves. Bannockburn on the other hand didn’t have a close game As you should have won,  but we got the breaks, and they didn’t. I came in to their dressing room and said to the management and players straight after the game, that Bannockburn deserved to win, and they did. I even tweeted and posted on our FB page that they should have won. 

But the two games against Thorn were close and tough for us both. So if it makes any sense, Bannockburn,  didn’t really have a hard game, we gave them, their  hardest game as they should have won. But that is the way it goes sometimes. Oban done it to us one year, I think if we had beat Oban, after battering them up there in the Quarters of the Scottish in 15/16, the year we won the West, I think we would have won the Scottish, as well as the West, Ayrshire cup,and  league, we were flying that year,20+ at every training session, and we also won every game home and away in our league that year as well. I could and would have retired on the spot.  Although I’m sure Mick will have something to say about that. But Oban defended for their lives and broke away in 88 min in their first real forage up the park of  the second half and scored. So we have been there, we have all been there. 

I expect Bannockburn to go far this year, and if we were not to win it, and go out, I would have liked for Goldenhill to win it, as we feel the pain for them, even when you win, as we have, we all have had disappointments, and we have beat them in two close finals. You feel sorry for them, after the game, the same for Colvile who lost a few. But hey Goldenhill are now out. We would love to win it again, but it is very hard to do once, never mind twice in consecutive seasons. 

Alright mate I don’t have anything to say I just concentrate on the future. Good luck in the next round 

Just now, Crazy Feet said:

anyone got the full draw?

Will be out soon enough but a selection of ties include:

Steins v AM Soccer

Bowhill Rovers v EKYM or Colville

UB United v Bannockburn or Fossoway

Hurlford Thistle or ? v Shortlees

Bridgewater v Leven United

Archived