Eleven Sports

LondonHMFC

11 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Got an email from them yesterday morning advertising El Classico and a £5.99pm subscription. Didn't they issue a statement the other week that subs were down to £4.99 though?

doubt they know themselves

my experience is you cant believe anything they say

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

finally got contacted by them,apparantly if I choose ill get a partial refund of £11.23 while being able to enjoy the remainder of the la liga season.that would be satisfactory though id have rather been given what I signed up for

I'd take that too, but completely agree. If they had a choice, I wish they'd kept on Serie A instead of La Liga. I've never subscribed to Sky so wouldn't miss La Liga, but have followed Serie A for years and have been on BT Sports since it's inception and ESPN before that.

Still no contact though after two emails

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

La Liga TV rights will be on the market in the summer.

Eleven Sports will have to bid again to retain UK La Liga rights

My guess is Premier Sport or Sky to get them and Eleven Sport to close with barely a whimper.

Be interesting to see how Sky play this. Weren't willing to pay £20m for them a year ago.

I think BT Sport can be ruled out as shareholders were a bit seething about the money they sunk into Champions Leagues rights (I can't recall the amount but it was hefty). On the other hand BT did get UFC rights back so they may get La Liga if its affordable enough

• 2 months later...
Any word if Eleven Sport will even be a thing next season and who has the Serie A and La Liga rights?
Premier Sports (plus their free channel FreeSports) have Serie A until 2021. With La Liga I haven't seen anything concrete but I'd assume Premier Sports will get it as they were showing games last season after Eleven hit the fan.

• 3 weeks later...

Eleven Sports' Polish arm taken over

Some Eleven Sports news, with the Polish wing of Andrea Radrizzani’s broadcasting company being taken over by Polsat.

Eleven Sports will keep one share as Polsat ramp up their shares after paying €38 million for a 50 per cent stake in May 2018.

• 4 weeks later...

How are Eleven Sport UK still a thing?  According to https://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-rights-uk.htm they only have the rights to the Swedish top flight and I can't see many people rushing for that.  Are they hoping the La Liga rights will be available for a knock down price after their failure to find a suitable bid.