Eleven Sports

LondonHMFC

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

There were a bunch of mugs on here suggesting that the SPFL should be talking to these cowboys, and no doubt they'd have been the same ones calling it a shambles when this entirely predictable scenario occurred.

Paid for streaming services seem to present a risk. A lot of people who choose to watch football that way are tech savvy enough to find a way of doing it free. Am I wrong in thinking this?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Paid for streaming services seem to present a risk. A lot of people who choose to watch football that way are tech savvy enough to find a way of doing it free. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I think think is the main reason, tbf. I certainly know that's how I go about it.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I agree with this. With Sky and BT, you have the choice between paying and watching the game on TV with a high quality picture or not paying and watching on a stream where the quality is variable dependent on your internet connection. With Eleven Sports, you have the choice between paying and watching on a stream of variable quality or not paying and watching on a stream with variable quality.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I agree with this. With Sky and BT, you have the choice between paying and watching the game on TV with a high quality picture or not paying and watching on a stream where the quality is variable dependent on your internet connection. With Eleven Sports, you have the choice between paying and watching on a stream of variable quality or not paying and watching on a stream with variable quality.

The problem for Eleven seems to be that they haven't secured carriage deals on regular tv platforms. From the contract with UFC, it would seem they hadn't anticipated only being available through streaming.

9 minutes ago, bendan said:

The problem for Eleven seems to be that they haven't secured carriage deals on regular tv platforms. From the contract with UFC, it would seem they hadn't anticipated only being available through streaming.

Anyone that includes UFC as part of the programming and business plan has questionable judgement and shouldn't be allowed to make important decisions.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Anyone that includes UFC as part of the programming and business plan has questionable judgement and shouldn't be allowed to make important decisions.

I'd agree with that. I quite like BT Sports, but that has been despite it having UFC. Incredible that they are dropping Scottish football but now keeping UFC. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

UFC is popular and its viewers are a sought after demographic. A lot of armchair sports fans are older whereas UFC attracts younger people who advertisers are keen to attract.

Well it must have some degree of popularity for BT to take it up again, but I'd have thought that was for subscriptions. Which advertisers are looking for a UFC demographic? Providers of legal assistance? Pay-day loans?

Thing with these European leagues is there is plenty of interest in them in the UK but as part of a bigger product portfolio. Its a bit like English Football League probably decent amount of Scottish folk will watch championship games from down south as its part of Sky package, ask them to subscribe to it separately they won't bother.  There is a market though for sure for cord cutters. I don't use satelite or aerial I have PC (with steam link to get around the house), fire stick and PS3 so can use my folks sky or bt account even though they live 3 hours away.  Though for NHL I do have NHL tv as I follow a particular team but thats more hardcore  fans around the world and they blackout any games shown live here on premier/freesports which I also have account for though more encouraged to have it as they have UK hockey as well as European, international and NHL to make overall package appealing. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Eleven Sport dead by end of season. La Liga only and extra subscription to another company if you want what they are giving up next month. Even with their reduction and the special offer from Premier it will be more for the suscriber.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Premier Sports have said they will be charging £9.99 a month for their Serie A coverage next season. For the rest of this season it's £4.99 a month.

With the first month free as well, which makes it just under £12 for the rest of the season.

That doesn't seem too bad. Added bonus of the Scottish Cup, albeit likely to be Celtic and Sevco every round while they're still in it.  But then it's probably worth the £12 alone to be able to watch the final without Liam McLeod's commentary...

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Do Premier only have the rights until end of season or is it longer term? Suprised BT didn't try and nab ehm back as they'd be fairly cheap.

Until 2020/21 according to The Independent.

Premier Sports, meanwhile, will air a minimum of six Serie A games per round until the end of the 2020/21 season as well as weekly highlights and preview shows, while also having acquired rights for the Chinese Super League.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/eleven-sports-serie-a-la-liga-live-stream-watch-online-goals-channel-a8753571.html

Was pretty pleased overall with Eleven Sports, £6 a month for La Liga and Serie A (plus the odd Eredivisie game) was great value. Hadn't had Sky in years, so have never watched that much La Liga, but ES coverage of it has been pretty great, so I'll likely keep that for the rest of the season, where they will then most likely lose the rights.

Premier Sports seems okay - BT would have been better to keep most of the big European leagues on one platform -  but paying twice the price for pretty much just Serie A is a bit shite. Will probably take up the half price offer for the rest of the season and see how it goes.

Just looking at the premier sports website it mentions they are getting Scottish league cup from 2020.  Seem to have decent amount for Celtic nations with Scottish football, GAA, pro 14 Rugby and the ice hockey. Also they usually get what they can of pre group Champ League qualifiers involving Scottish and Irish clubs.   Hopefully use same production team as BT as they have with first Scottish cup game. Shame sky and their mediocre punditry are getting SPFL.

Just looking at the premier sports website it mentions they are getting Scottish league cup from 2020.  Seem to have decent amount for Celtic nations with Scottish football, GAA, pro 14 Rugby and the ice hockey. Also they usually get what they can of pre group Champ League qualifiers involving Scottish and Irish clubs.   Hopefully use same production team as BT as they have with first Scottish cup game. Shame sky and their mediocre punditry are getting SPFL.

They are also pretty good at showing the early rounds of Europa League/Champions League qualifying for Scottish Clubs. Can see me packing in my BT subscription and getting this instead.