Eleven Sports

LondonHMFC

5 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

My mate had the stream from Eleven Sports website running alongside Bet365 for the Juve game and Eleven were about a minute behind the live action. I won't be subscribing until that's fixed as that's a poor service.

Definitely a lag. 

Every game I watched on BT last season I streamed through their website, and it was always 60-90 seconds behind, with Sky Sports through Sky Go (Desktop App +  PS4 app) being better, but still a good 30/40 seconds or so, so I was expecting some lag or a delay here as well. Can't say it bothers me at all, tbh. The service seems pretty good so far for £6.

8 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

My mate had the stream from Eleven Sports website running alongside Bet365 for the Juve game and Eleven were about a minute behind the live action. I won't be subscribing until that's fixed as that's a poor service.

fair enough,he can be almost up to the second with the action on a tiny screen if he wants to stick to bet365-oh,and if you inadvertently have in play in the background on the same game youll still hear the goals before you see them on their stream

2 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Not at all fussed about being a few seconds or even minutes behind another source. Any other verdicts so far?

Did anyone try the Valencia v Atletico facebook freebie last night?

I think it's brilliant. Not really fussed for watching sky EPL football, and certainly not bothered about paying a minimum of £60 a month for the privilege. 

Hopefully the come up with an app you can watch on a smart tv. but happy enough watching full screen on a decent tablet.

Think there's less of a lag on it than BT.

Watched Chievo vs Juventus on the laptop, AirPlayed Sassuolo vs Inter to the TV from my phone and the picture was crystal clear both times.

Having no half-time or full-time analysis is a bit of a negative - always loved the European Football Show on BT Sport - but for £6 a month what can you expect?

Still some teething issues to sort out, but I think for what it costs it's very reasonable, and you can get it on the TV if you have an HDMI cable or Apple TV.

20 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

fair enough,he can be almost up to the second with the action on a tiny screen if he wants to stick to bet365-oh,and if you inadvertently have in play in the background on the same game youll still hear the goals before you see them on their stream

Each to their own, but it does my box in. If I'm paying for 'live football', I expect it to be no more than 10s behind. 

9 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I think it's brilliant.

Hopefully the come up with an app you can watch on a smart tv. but happy enough watching full screen on a decent tablet.

9 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Watched Chievo vs Juventus on the laptop, AirPlayed Sassuolo vs Inter to the TV from my phone and the picture was crystal clear both times.

Cheers fellas!

They're saying they're working on getting Chromecast sorted, hopefully that's true, if not it'll be screen mirroring or HDMI.

How's the commentary?

• 4 weeks later...

Yass! Great news! I took the plunge before going on holiday to get advantage of the discounted price but haven't had much time to watch much, plus the international break etc. What I have seen though, so far so good!

There's no locality blocker so you can watch while abroad, the Serie A coverage seems identical to what BT had, and with the same lead commentators too (Dave Farrar on the game I saw)

A huge plus for me as I don't get to watch much live.... No score spoilers on the highlights and on demand stuff. I despise that there's no way of avoiding the scores on BT.

8 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The BBC are claiming to have a solution to the lag you get when streaming live video.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45499784

Hopefully other companies who stream live sports will be able to use this in the near future.

Amazon have had a lot of heat over their US Open coverage. You'd imagine they'll be working hard to get any potential fixes in before they get the two rounds of PL games in December.

• 4 weeks later...

They've flaunted that rule a few times already and I'm not sure how they can actually be punished. From what I've read, the responsibility seems to fall on the UEFA member nation ie Spain or Italy. 

Would rather they focused on getting their streams up to speed than this publicity stunt tbh.