Eleven Sports

LondonHMFC

Have just posted about this in The Italian Football thread, but felt it might interest a few others. 

Showing La Liga, Serie A, Eredivise, Chinese Super League and Allsvenskan on mobile devices for the sum of £5.99 a month. 

Not really sure how this will go, personally not too keen on watching any football on my mobile or tablet, but due to the price I will probably give it a go for the first month of the season and see how it is. 

http://elevensports.com/eleven-sports-monthly-pass-available-for-just-5-99-per-month-in-uk-e6-99-per-month-in-ireland/

I've been increasingly against them as the communication has been piss poor and not having any means to broadcast on TV is amateurish. But that price is pretty tempting. I bet on a lot of the leagues they're showing, so £5.99pm is a decent trade-off to up the screen size from the free stream on Bet365.

Edited by lanky_ffc

If you can (Chrome)cast to your TV I might pick this up. The price is very tempting even if you only pick up the odd game here and there.

ETA: Surely they can pick up a spare slot on Sky or something? The idea of watching football on your phone is pretty crap TBH. Also agree with the comment below about the delay.

Edited by RiG

18 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Another concern I've got is any potential lag. When you use the BT Sport app or Sky Go, you're about a minute behind the live action. They better hope this is 'live' or I think that'll put a lot of people off.

Yeah this annoys me, out of interest last night I put the Aberdeen game on the BT app and it was three minutes behind the TV. Watched a few games where I receive numerous texts saying "WHAT A GOAL" and you're are sat waiting for it to catch up. 

If they do get a TV slot, I'd imagine the price would  increase. 

Technology is supposed to be moving forward but this seems to be a major step backwards, what's the point in having a large screen TV when you need to pay a further subscription in order to watch football on a tiny handheld screen ??

It's like a return to the black and white portable up the stair, except worse, plus you're paying for the privilege.

It should be noted that the real villains of the peace are Sky and BT for charging a fortune for sports subscriptions and then failing to bid for any contracts outside of Engerland and instead subjecting us to that American "soccer" crap that they're punting left right and centre..................

27 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Another concern I've got is any potential lag. When you use the BT Sport app or Sky Go, you're about a minute behind the live action. They better hope this is 'live' or I think that'll put a lot of people off.

This is whats making me dread the days when Amazon and Netflix etc start getting rights for football.

At the point of having Sky Sports taken out. La Liga disappearing so soon after the lose of Champions League, the MLS is not worth syating up in to the middle of the night, this weekend games are Montreal v DC at 00.30 on Sunday morning and NY v LA at 23.00 on Sunday night.

Sky football is EPL, English Championship and the OF, and bar watching Aston Villa in the Championship I have little interest in what they are offering now.

Sky’s the villains for this. If they didn’t pay well over the odds for that shite down south we’d be able to get other leagues as well. They pay 10 million a game for Burnley v Wolves but wouldn’t pay over 18 million a season for La Liga...

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

This is whats making me dread the days when Amazon and Netflix etc start getting rights for football.

Amazon have already picked up some fixtures with some of the unsold EPL packages.

7 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

At the point of having Sky Sports taken out. La Liga disappearing so soon after the lose of Champions League, the MLS is not worth syating up in to the middle of the night, this weekend games are Montreal v DC at 00.30 on Sunday morning and NY v LA at 23.00 on Sunday night.

Sky football is EPL, English Championship and the OF, and bar watching Aston Villa in the Championship I have little interest in what they are offering now.

I've been wavering over getting rid of SS. If they ever lose the NFL I'd be off in no time.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Out of interest, have Sky dropped the prices after losing Eredivisie, La Liga and (although it was a few years ago) the Champions League? 

No, but they have increased them dramatically. They've also lost the Tennis and the USPGA Golf major to add to the list.

The good news is that if you want to watch a couple of blokes playing Fifa against each other (I think it's called E-Sports) then you're on to a winner. Surely anyone having a craving for this type of deviant fetish would be as well going down to their local puggy arcade to watch it live..................

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

No, but they have increased them dramatically.

Shocker. 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The good news is that if you want to watch a couple of blokes playing Fifa against each other (I think it's called E-Sports) then you're on to a winner. Surely anyone having a craving for this type of deviant fetish would be as well going down to their local puggy arcade to watch it live..................

Who the f**k would watch this? 

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Shocker. 

Who the f**k would watch this? 

The mind boggles, it's probably the same type that go to Arsenal games and spend 90 mins holding their phones up recording the match which they are actually attending but don't actually see.

Strange, very strange indeed...............