Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that all Rangers fans will be revelling in this decision, but deep down they know, like the rest of us, that this is a pathetic outcome. They’ll never admit it, obviously.

I think it's a decision that can go either way really. It is a kick out but doesn't really make contact. 

I'd bet that in most games most refs would only give a yellow for that. However I don't think a red is out of the question for it but neither is it blindingly obvious.

Of course you'd be happy if your team's only fit striker had a 2 game suspension overturned. You'd be happy if Logan was available last weekend and this weekend right?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a decision that can go either way really. It is a kick out but doesn't really make contact. 
I'd bet that in most games most refs would only give a yellow for that. However I don't think a red is out of the question for it but neither is it blindingly obvious.
Of course you'd be happy if your team's only fit striker had a 2 game suspension overturned. You'd be happy if Logan was available last weekend and this weekend right?
On first viewing I thought the red was harsh. After seeing it a bit clearer I agreed with the analysis that it was a clear kick (rather than a flick).

I'm absolutely amazed it's been rescinded. That's a really weird call.

Got to be honest and say I didn't think it was a red card offense.  It's daft kick out, but it's not violent conduct.

There's precedent from the review panel.  Kipré got sent off for a daft kick out at Scott Brown last year and it was rescinded a few days later. 

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Got to be honest and say I didn't think it was a red card offense.  It's daft kick out, but it's not violent conduct.

There's precedent from the review panel.  Kipré got sent off for a daft kick out at Scott Brown last year and it was rescinded a few days later. 

And so continues the Motherwell/Sevco/SFA love triangle.

Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

How do you non violently deliberatly kick someone?

Knew the red card would be rescinded as soon as they appealed. SFA are absolutely terrified of upsetting Sevco yet their moronic fans still think the SFA/entire world is against them.

If people honestly think that was violent conduct and a red card, then they should be shouting for half a dozen reds a game.  How many times have we seen a player take someone out, violently kicking them, on the halfway line to stop a breakaway?  Always a yellow, and nobody has a go about those kind of things.

In this scenario, people can't see beyond the jersey he was wearing.  Rangers were right to appeal it, and the decision to overturn it is absolutely correct. 

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

If people honestly think that was violent conduct and a red card, then they should be shouting for half a dozen reds a game.  How many times have we seen a player take someone out, violently kicking them, on the halfway line to stop a breakaway?  Always a yellow, and nobody has a go about those kind of things.

Were these challenges off the ball? If not then it's not really the same is it?

Just now, Desp said:

In this scenario, people can't see beyond the jersey he was wearing.  Rangers were right to appeal it, and the decision to overturn it is absolutely correct. 

Hmm...never?

14 minutes ago, Desp said:

bollocks

Drivel

Not sure about most of this...

17 minutes ago, Desp said:

... But the final sentence is fair enough.  Never a red card.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

If Logan played for Rangers or Celtic, he would have had his red card rescinded, and would have been available. But he doesn’t, so he wasn’t.

Archived