Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Recorded sportscene and zipped thru it quite quickly.

Did I miss Stevie Gs mental "everyone hates us" rant or did he not bother talking to the bbcTV people?

They didn't show him at all, but did quote his comments to Sky quite extensively, amid some head shaking.

The stuff he said is actually to be welcomed.  I had genuinely thought for a bit there that Gerrard might be capable of bringing some of that dignity stuff to Ibrox, but we've been helpfully disabused of that nonsense.  

Clearly, he's been fed a lot of childish, paranoid rubbish by people at the club.  Clearly, he's trying to create some crude, bone-headed version of a siege mentality among the players.  Clearly, he's trying to ingratiate himself with the sizeable moronic element in the support (and RM suggests it's working).

It does suggest he's not very bright and maybe can't bring much to the club, apart from his playing credentials.  To react so classlessly after that opening league game, might just suggest a new chapter of the banter years is in production.  He wouldn't have spoken that way had that equaliser not sneaked in.  That he did, points to a lack of control.

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

No The Queens eleven are still not speaking to the British Broadcasting Company

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

BBC still banned, then?

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Gotcha, to be honest I thought that only applied to Ibrox.

Good, though, to see SG arriving in Scotland and immediately rising above the shitpool that surrounds The Rangers and their wonderful fans.

The BBC won’t interview Rangers players or staff

Rangers have not banned the BBC 

It is always described by the BBC  as ‘an ongoing problem ‘

Chris McLaughlan was banned for a short while but after a BBC apology he was allowed back and after a few weeks had his ‘press privileges ‘ withdrawn for continuing to report outright lies. Anybody would think he did it on purpose

If you’re that interested in SGs views you will find them on the official Rangers website

I can summarise them for you.

Rangers were excellent. Aberdeen are really shite and won’t be Top 3. Kevin Clancy and linesman are cheating b*****ds

I suppose we ll get Craig ‘The Buddie’ Thompson next week just to piss me off even more 

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They didn't show him at all, but did quote his comments to Sky quite extensively, amid some head shaking.

The stuff he said is actually to be welcomed.  I had genuinely thought for a bit there that Gerrard might be capable of bringing some of that dignity stuff to Ibrox, but we've been helpfully disabused of that nonsense.  

Clearly, he's been fed a lot of childish, paranoid rubbish by people at the club.  Clearly, he's trying to create some crude, bone-headed version of a siege mentality among the players.  Clearly, he's trying to ingratiate himself with the sizeable moronic element in the support (and RM suggests it's working).

It does suggest he's not very bright and maybe can't bring much to the club, apart from his playing credentials.  To react so classlessly after that opening league game, might just suggest a new chapter of the banter years is in production.  He wouldn't have spoken that way had that equaliser not sneaked in.  That he did, points to a lack of control.

You've hit the nail on the head there, well put too. I was going with Gerrard is a complete moron and it's only so long you can go with the bunker mentality before it crashes in around you. You obviously put it better with more though ha

22 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You've hit the nail on the head there, well put too. I was going with Gerrard is a complete moron and it's only so long you can go with the bunker mentality before it crashes in around you. You obviously put it better with more though ha

And better spelling, too...:whistle

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

My phone is horrendous for predicted text mistakes.  But fair play to you, you've really shown me up ;)

Good to see you've taken it in the spirit in which it was given. 

Monkey Tennis showing himself up to be nothing more than a Rangers hating moron

Biased officials, Rangers cheated on the park and P&B haters still full of hate

Dont ever change 

The last time Rangers drew with Aberdeen on the opening day of the season The Helicopter changed direction

No. 55 will be the sweetest of all

WATP !!

Archived