Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

It’s irrelevant.

IT WAS OFFSIDE

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s not possibly offside, it is offside.

The Rangers player was in an offside position yes, but the question is does the foul occur before the offside player becomes involved in active play?

58 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry to add some factual  comments to this predicable exchange of insults and points scoring. The rules are very clear, foul inside penalty area with no attempt to play the ball = penalty and a red card. No discussion, no interpretation. It’s the rules

If the rules are so clear then please go to http://www.theifab.com/laws and show us the rule law which confirms what you're saying.

If the rules are so clear then please go to http://www.theifab.com/laws and show us the rule law which confirms what you're saying.

It doesn’t matter.

The fact that he is in an offside position and is just about to touch the ball in the same phase. The fact he is there influences the decision making of the players around him. He doesn’t have to touch the ball to be deemed offside (similar to when a player obstructs the view of a GK in an offside position)

Our DF push forward to leave him clearly offside. Whether the foul happens or not that player is still active in that phase by attempting to play the ball (especially in the 6 yard box FFS)

6 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I'd be interested to know which Rangers games he has watched in the last 5 years to base his opinion on. A cynic might think he was just using a cheap tool to curry favour with the fans. 

A realist would suggest he is a not very cheap tool.

A couple of points. You used the term, so can you explain what a ‘soft red card’ is? Surely it’s either a red card, or it’s not a red card. Also interested in your use of the word ‘apparently’ in your description of our performances against Burnley. There’s no ‘apparently’ as my team did in fact put in two impressive shifts.

1) If you can’t see the difference between a straight Red and a soft Red, perhaps this isn’t the game for you. Most fans would be able to distinguish between the two, irrespective of their club loyalties.

‘2) I used the word ‘apparently’ as I wasn’t there and didn’t see either game against Burnley other than brief highlights. A pal down south who follows The Clarets, commented that the Dons played some ‘decent stuff’.
I didn’t see that today from the Home side, that is all.

Do you understand the above points?

9 hours ago, Navallion said:

Maybe the Aberdeen fans will realise tomorrow how much a shit point it is to them, given they were at home playing against 10 men.

Aye, this morning I wished we'd lost, really...

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

1) If you can’t see the difference between a straight Red and a soft Red, perhaps this isn’t the game for you. Most fans would be able to distinguish between the two, irrespective of their club loyalties.

‘2) I used the word ‘apparently’ as I wasn’t there and didn’t see either game against Burnley other than brief highlights. A pal down south who follows The Clarets, commented that the Dons played some ‘decent stuff’.
I didn’t see that today from the Home side, that is all.

Do you understand the above points?

No.

Just now, Green Day said:

Recorded sportscene and zipped thru it quite quickly.

Did I miss Stevie Gs mental "everyone hates us" rant or did he not bother talking to the bbcTV people?

No The Queens eleven are still not speaking to the British Broadcasting Company

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

No The Queens eleven are still not speaking to the British Broadcasting Company

Gotcha, to be honest I thought that only applied to Ibrox.

Good, though, to see SG arriving in Scotland and immediately rising above the shitpool that surrounds The Rangers and their wonderful fans.

Archived