Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

Aberdeen looked poor without Rooney, Christie and McGuire. I think Hearts and Hibs look better. 
Rangers looked just about as bad, no real quality at all. It was a poor game bereft of any talent and Gerrard must be wondering why he is managing a club that would struggle to win the English third division.

Aye we've never been the same team since big Phil left us about 12 years ago.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I watched Jack walk down the touchline and down the tunnel with the Rangers players and back room staff after the final whistle, so really surprised to see him taken away in an ambulance.

Head injuries can be a bit like that, tbh. I'd lay off taking joy in that until you hear he's alright. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

A couple of points. You used the term, so can you explain what a ‘soft red card’ is? Surely it’s either a red card, or it’s not a red card. Also interested in your use of the word ‘apparently’ in your description of our performances against Burnley. There’s no ‘apparently’ as my team did in fact put in two impressive shifts.

This is a daft post. It's not always black and white in football and the rules are often applied subjectively by different referees. Sometimes a decision is made that another referee wouldn't give.

14 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I disagree with his comments if meaning in general, which I think was the case, as it is too early to tell if that is the truth yet. However if taken in isolation about the game today what he said wasn't close to controversial.

Underestimating Scottish football will bite him in the arse,i get the single minded focused we are rangers standard pish but his ego will get the better of him if he thinks he is still the best player in the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A couple of points. You used the term, so can you explain what a ‘soft red card’ is? Surely it’s either a red card, or it’s not a red card. Also interested in your use of the word ‘apparently’ in your description of our performances against Burnley. There’s no ‘apparently’ as my team did in fact put in two impressive shifts.

It's a commonly used phrase in football, surely you don't really need it explained to you...

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Underestimating Scottish football will bite him in the arse,i get the single minded focused we are rangers standard pish but his ego will get the better of him if he thinks he is still the best player in the dressing room.

Thanks for that piece of expert analysis William.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Head injuries can be a bit like that, tbh. I'd lay off taking joy in that until you hear he's alright. 

They're havin a big celebration on Twitter even The T Man thinks he deserved it.

21 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Nah I'm happy with the performance.

Strange how excited you are about getting one shot on target against 10 men.

I'd honestly be quite worried that your squad is short on depth and quality if I was a Don.

I am, which I have stated numerous times on our thread 

However, I think any football supporter is entitled to enjoy a last minute equaliser regardless of how the team can played

Especially against you p***ks ^_^

That *** Media thread is a joy. I particularly like this post with no irony whatsoever.....

“You know how you cheat on Football Manager to get loads of cash, but after a few seasons of cheating you feel hollow inside? I hope the rest of our league feels exactly like that.”

Thick as f**k[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Which part of my post signified that I was taking any joy from Jack being taken away in an ambulance?

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's a commonly used phrase in football, surely you don't really need it explained to you...

Thanks for that piece of expert analysis William.

It may be commonly used, but the person using it should surely be able to explain what they mean by it. Either that, or don’t use it.

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

That *** Media thread is a joy. I particularly like this post with no irony whatsoever.....

“You know how you cheat on Football Manager to get loads of cash, but after a few seasons of cheating you feel hollow inside? I hope the rest of our league feels exactly like that.”

Thick as f**kemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I spotted that one myself, had to smile!

Archived