Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing to only get the draw considering how close we were to getting the victory.

Happy with the performance though especially defensively as we kept them to one shot in target having ten men for 85 minutes of the game.

Thought Flanagan, Arfield and Jack had good games today and was especially happy with Arfield's performance coming back from injury.

Encouraging performance all in all and we showed a lot of character in the conditions.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Steve G's saying sevco is a class above Aberdeen is classic manipulation of the media after dropping points,every time sevco drop points expect dodgy Dave Levein comment.

I disagree with his comments if meaning in general, which I think was the case, as it is too early to tell if that is the truth yet. However if taken in isolation about the game today what he said wasn't close to controversial.

Aberdeen looked poor without Rooney, Christie and McGuire. I think Hearts and Hibs look better. 

Rangers looked just about as bad, no real quality at all. It was a poor game bereft of any talent and Gerrard must be wondering why he is managing a club that would struggle to win the English third division.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Aberdeen looked poor without Rooney, Christie and McGuire. I think Hearts and Hibs look better. 

I agree with this but Aberdeen still got time to make signings and I expect Christie to return which will be a boost for them.

They do need to add to their squad as they've not replaced the players leaving or aging yet.

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Are you sick to your stomach as well?

:lol: 

Nah I'm happy with the performance.

Strange how excited you are about getting one shot on target against 10 men.

I'd honestly be quite worried that your squad is short on depth and quality if I was a Don.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Will begrudgingly settle for a point today, but think the performance merited all three. Soft red card, McKenna was at Morelos from the start and got his ‘reward’, petulance nothing more.
Dominated for long spells despite being a man down, and looked completely in control before a last minute lapse in concentration gave them their first shot on target over the full game?
Decent shifts from Katic, Goldson, Flanagan, Jack and Arfield with Windass running his socks off throughout, ploughing a lonely furrow. Biggest cheer from the home fans before they equalised was May almost decapitating Ryan Jack, which pretty much sums up their efforts this afternoon.
A side that had apparently put in two impressive stints against Burnley, just weren’t interested in playing football, reverting to type with the usual niggling provocation and harassment.
We might not be about to set the league alight with our forward play, but I’d much rather watch Gerrard’s new set up than suffer a season watching that pish.

A couple of points. You used the term, so can you explain what a ‘soft red card’ is? Surely it’s either a red card, or it’s not a red card. Also interested in your use of the word ‘apparently’ in your description of our performances against Burnley. There’s no ‘apparently’ as my team did in fact put in two impressive shifts.

Archived