Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That was dreadful from Aberdeen but think Thursday 120 minutes caught up with us along with a defensive injury/suspensions crisis didn’t help matters during the match. I was reading that some fans think Shinnie should be at left back but today shows we need him in midfield we improved once we put him back into that position later on.

Expect a lot better from Gleeson considering he didn’t play on Thursday but he was very poor.

After the great performance from Cosgrove in the home leg against Burnley he had a day to forgot.

Good to see Anderson get the goal and he is fairly banging them in for the Reserves so maybe the striker we are looking for.

Glad we got a draw as the bed wetters would start shouting about the lack of Striker. No point panicking with signing when still 3 weeks to go.

Both Gleeson and Forrester looked physically weak and well off the pace. 

They'll have to step it up a bit if either of them are going to be more than squad players this season.

16 minutes ago, Jdog said:

First game of the season, Steevvvvvvieee Geeeee

“I don’t think we ever get anything to go for us... someone should give me answers”.:lol:

A poor man's Caxhina if you ask me.

It's from the Rangers Managers Handbook , Rule 15 para 1: '"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I'm a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA.'

Well, we were fucking dreadful today [emoji1]

I had kind of anticipated such a performance to be honest. Thursday was brutal it was always going to have an effect so I won’t lay much blame today.

No idea what happened for Morelos to get sent off. Hopefully was deserved but won’t lose any sleep if it wasn’t. Also hope wee jacko is ok............

Made up for Bruce Anderson but less about today the better. A point is excellent for us all things considered.

P.S. rangers are still a horrible little club. Vile support, time wasting c***s and niggly horrible b*****ds. Not that I’m bitter.

Does Gerrard know that McInnes has always bottled it against the Rangers and we've still been best of the rest for four years?

He only managed 1 pt from 12 last season and has already matched that for this season. 

If he's that rattled now wait until he plays Hibs/Hearts (both looking better than last season) or any other so called 'diddy' team that actually takes it to them.  

An appalling performance from Aberdeen on the day and if we play like that next week I'll certainly start to worry. The desperate need for an actual goal scorer is clear for all to see.

Can't hep but enjoy the bounce of a last minute equaliser  though!

There was so much time wasting it was almost impressive. I enjoy that aspect of the game so kudos. Shame it counted for f**k ALL.

(Pleasantly) surprised that Jack was wheeled away on a stretcher at the end of the game as he was sat on the bench for the rest of the game. Here's his reaction to our Brucie Bonus:
IMG_0505.jpg
IMG_0506.jpg

5 minutes ago, S7C said:

Was Morelos provoted?

All this provotion must be a real concern to Stevie.

Would "provotion" not be a Celtic supporters thing?

i truly believe aberdeen have been the 2nd team in scotland the last four years because everyone else was/is sh*t. Now hibs and rangers are back and settled in the spl i fully expect them to be fighting for second spot with aberdeen doing well to finish 4th.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Why do you expect Hibs to be better this season especially if, as seems likely, they lose McGinn (having already lost McGeouch)?

i just think lennon is a top manager and seems able to find good players and get the best out of them.

Archived