Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Hibs will be your closest challengers this year

From what I have seen so far it's quite possible although there are still some serious question marks about Hibs defence, they will certainly score a lot of goals though

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that it was only the sheep who were playing on Thursday....

With a two man advantage they really should have done better against us...

You on the bus back home?

:lol: 

11 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Who were they singing it about?

Ryan Jack I think.

Interesting to note SKY muting the microphones when the home support sang about Jon Flanagan being a wife beater while giving uncensored listening to charming ditties from the away fans about being 'up to our knees in ******' blood and obscenities about the pope. 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Ryan Jack I think.

Interesting to note SKY muting the microphones when the home support sang about Jon Flanagan being a wife beater while giving uncensored listening to charming ditties about being 'up to our knees in ******' blood and obscenities aboutthe pope. 

I was watching it on Sky and I won't lie I couldn't hear or make out what any singing was about aside from the "There's only one Neale Cooper" at the start but in all honesty it's not something I pay much attention to.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We certainly suffered physically and mentally from having two tough games in a week against the side that finished 7th in the English Premiership. 

Off the pace and  lacking in drive or any kind of invention we looked like what I suppose we are.....a new collection of players from a club with a paper-thin squad. 

I suppose that McInnes is holding off until the end of August to try and get a bargain striker in, but by that time we could well be sitting on 2 or 3 points from 4 games and be well behind the OF and Hibs. 

The need for a new striker and at least another defender is now beyond urgent, and I would hope we'll see new faces in this week. 

Today was brutal, make no bones about it. Second all over the park to the extent that a flukey draw actually feels like 3 points. 

That's not good enough. 

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that it was only the sheep who were playing on Thursday....

With a two man advantage they really should have done better against us...

Bitter, bitter Bennett. You should be happy with a point! As far as I could see the ref gave you almost everything (apart from minus six minutes). Serves you right for all the time-wasting near the end of the 90.

You rarely see 6 additional minutes added BUT that's normally due to officials letting time wasting tactics go unpunished.  Hoping to see more time added this season as it often leads to exciting endings.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We certainly suffered physically and mentally from having two tough games in a week against the side that finished 7th in the English Premiership. 

Off the pace and  lacking in drive or any kind of invention we looked like what I suppose we are.....a new collection of players from a club with a paper-thin squad. 

I suppose that McInnes is holding off until the end of August to try and get a bargain striker in, but by that time we could well be sitting on 2 or 3 points from 4 games and be well behind the OF and Hibs. 

3 points guaranteed next Saturday tbf

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

3 points guaranteed next Saturday tbf

Aye. Dundee away...that f*ck for that. 

Scoring a last minute equaliser is a hell of a lot better than conceding one. Some bounce! If wee Brucie Anderson can break through like McKenna did, we're in for a treat. Terrific finish and competed well physically with the tired *** defenders.

Overall obviously lots of room for improvement, although I wouldn't agree with Gerrard's comments. Rangers did look good up to the sending off, but created precious little after. Defended well, but we didn't ask much of them. One shot on target?

Cosgrove is mince. Bin. May's not much better, but I like him so he's alright. The midfield looked like 3 players who haven't played together. McGinn and GMS created a bit, but it never came together, and Ball's not a RB and got rinsed for the pen incident.

I was impressed by Devlin, particularly how much responsibility he had on him. Basically our only centre back for the whole of the second half, and no one to pass to in the midfield, he had to create himself. Obviously a lot of chucking it long (and we did get one goal from it!) but tried to play, even if it's not in his comfort zone. Big improvement needed from our midfielders going forward, but I think they have it in them.

Yet again, Considine and Shinnie outstanding. I hope they're friends in real life cus they're my fave.

Final mention for Stevie May. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] stunning bodying of Ryan Jack. I hate that *** c**t.

That was dreadful from Aberdeen but think Thursday 120 minutes caught up with us along with a defensive injury/suspensions crisis didn’t help matters during the match. I was reading that some fans think Shinnie should be at left back but today shows we need him in midfield we improved once we put him back into that position later on.

Expect a lot better from Gleeson considering he didn’t play on Thursday but he was very poor.

After the great performance from Cosgrove in the home leg against Burnley he had a day to forgot.

Good to see Anderson get the goal and he is fairly banging them in for the Reserves so maybe the striker we are looking for.

Glad we got a draw as the bed wetters would start shouting about the lack of Striker. No point panicking with signing when still 3 weeks to go.

Archived