Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's an ancient little ditty that was usually aimed at Ian Durrant - back in the day. I'm sure Mr Durrant accepted it as a bit of banter. No so PC in those days.

Durrant was substituted for Peter Grant when we were visitors to Pittodrie,  as you say, classed as banter back in the day but not the kind of thing you should sing or get away with now.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aberdeen were utter shite, they weren’t much better, if he’s coming away with comments like that now he’ll be broken by November.

At this rate, this guy may be back in the limelight sooner than we think..

skysports-murty-graeme-rangers_4144370.j

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Gerrard saying they were a class above Aberdeen. Think that's a bit much. They were decent.

He knows that a load of Rangers fans will lap that up, signing off their tweets with Union Flag emojis. 

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard told Sky Sports: "We were magnificent. We were very good with 11 men, and even better with 10. Aberdeen had no idea against us. For 93 minutes it was perfect.

"It's frustrating to lose the late goal. Every single player to a man was fantastic. Aberdeen only had one idea and it was to lump it into the box. We were much better than Aberdeen today.

"I'm very pleased walking away from here. It was a chance to come here and show you're better than your rivals and i thought we did that."

On Alfredo Morelos' red card, he said: "When you kick out you give the referee a decision to make. But, he's been barged twice before it quite clearly. The official who spotted the kick didn't spot that. That's the disappointing thing.

"We'll take our time [over whether to appeal]."

Dignity personified. Was he wearing brown brogues while spouting this seethe?

Aberdeen were dross and yet they still eeked out a point.

Fantastic strike from young anderson.

Rangers look better than last season but are still a mile or 2 behind Celtic.

As for playing against 12 men,you hav to laugh at the german monarchs 11 and their deluded followers.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard told Sky Sports: "We were magnificent. We were very good with 11 men, and even better with 10. Aberdeen had no idea against us. For 93 minutes it was perfect.

"It's frustrating to lose the late goal. Every single player to a man was fantastic. Aberdeen only had one idea and it was to lump it into the box. We were much better than Aberdeen today.

"I'm very pleased walking away from here. It was a chance to come here and show you're better than your rivals and i thought we did that."

On Alfredo Morelos' red card, he said: "When you kick out you give the referee a decision to make. But, he's been barged twice before it quite clearly. The official who spotted the kick didn't spot that. That's the disappointing thing.

"We'll take our time [over whether to appeal]."

Dignity personified. Was he wearing brown brogues while spouting this seethe?

A bitter, tear-stained statement which includes the words 'walking away'. Steven Gerrard is officially a Rangers man.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes on BBC Radio Scotland: "It was clear they couldn’t get to the same level of performance they’re capable of and showed in the two Burnley games.

"The sending-off changes the whole dynamic of the game. The penalty looks soft, but my staff have seen it again and can see why the referee has given it.

"The onus was on us to try and find answers. It wasn’t even a lack of spark in the final third – we couldn’t even get there because our choice of pass was really disappointing at times. We’d no real flow to our game.

"Rangers camped really well within their shape. But our decision-making on the ball can only be down to that mental fatigue, lack of sharpness and brightness and intensity that were so evident in the Burnley game.

"People will watch and say, players have got to be up for it. They were up for it. But the quality of the passing, the decision-making just wasn’t there today. But when you don’t play well, it’s important you have that resilience and perseverance and that type of late goal has been synonymous with my teams here."

15 - love McInnes

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Mackay-Steven had some ideas and showed a couple of promising glimpses but McGinn was anonymous for the first hour.

Only time I noticed McGinn was when he got a couple of pound coins and a lighter thrown at him when he took a corner in front of the **** support. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

A bitter, tear-stained statement which includes the words 'walking away'. Steven Gerrard is officially a Rangers man.

Clearly on the wind up given the hatred both clubs have for each other , well that's the way I see it. 

Guest DAVIDB69
As a Celtic fan this result makes me confident.  Our closest rivals from the last few seasons were really disjointed and don't look like they will score many goals, even against 10 men  while our fiercest rivals also look like they will struggle to score a lot of goals this year.  

Hibs will be your closest challengers this year

Archived