Rebel With A Cause

2 hours ago, SmudgePop said:

Do you agree that teenage rebellion plays n important part in adolescent growth?  Kindly share your opinion. 

It's a fucking problem born out of not being able to smack the cheek/rebellion right oot the wee c***s arse.

Kids have a right to an opinion but I'll be darn unhappy if they are taking a pissy fit because they can't get £30 to go to the pictures with their delinquent friends like I'm a mug and can be bullied into submission to give them it.

Also says they have cunty friends and they are trying to be smart arses.

Being considerate without being an arsehole when you can't get your way is more preferable and is way more important than rebelling imo. Expression should be nurtured as long as it's good and not in your face full of teeth expression.

Also some parents should learn how to deal with rebellious kids better. Being a bigger c**t than them shouting from the rafters at what punishments is more suitable and how they should behave whilst they are losing their shit certainly won't show a moral compass for the child.

Always tried to reason first with my kids, sometimes at length. Sometimes it worked and sometimes they got punished, shit happens, they are kids and fear of Dad was always the best method.

6 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

It's a fucking problem born out of not being able to smack the cheek/rebellion right oot the wee c***s arse.

Kids have a right to an opinion but I'll be darn unhappy if they are taking a pissy fit because they can't get £30 to go to the pictures with their delinquent friends like I'm a mug and can be bullied into submission to give them it.

Also says they have cunty friends and they are trying to be smart arses.

Being considerate without being an arsehole when you can't get your way is more preferable and is way more important than rebelling imo. Expression should be nurtured as long as it's good and not in your face full of teeth expression.

Also some parents should learn how to deal with rebellious kids better. Being a bigger c**t than them shouting from the rafters at what punishments is more suitable and how they should behave whilst they are losing their shit certainly won't show a moral compass for the child.

Always tried to reason first with my kids, sometimes at length. Sometimes it worked and sometimes they got punished, shit happens, they are kids and fear of Dad was always the best method.

Yeah, beat the kids up a wee bit, that'll learnt them.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My kid is now a teenager but she’s better adjusted, cleverer and generally more talented than anyone else in the family. Might be time for a paternity test.

I can save you the cost of that. Step up @Bairnardo

My kid is now a teenager but she’s better adjusted, cleverer and generally more talented than anyone else in the family. Might be time for a paternity test.

It’s a pretty low standard though really...

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

She’s asked for a paternity test hasn’t she?   Let her have one but make her pay for it; it will install a feeling of responsibility.

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, beat the kids up a wee bit, that'll learnt them.

I didn't beat my kids up. :P There are other ways to make them suffer more without hitting them although I have been like most parents on the verge of using stricter methods.

Although I did grow up in an era were neighbours could grab you by the ear, frog march you to your parents where you got a further beating before a single word was exchanged about how you were physically assaulted by the ear and dragged. Tough times the 70's were. :(

can relate much to that, being grabbed by the ear and then they would twist a bit... oh man, that really hurts!

Nowadays, kids called that child abuse.  And you got to be careful in implementing punishments.  We were like them once, only that we were treated differently then.  Now, children are protected by more rights and have more freedom.  Their opinions are heard, and yes they are more mature (I admit to that).  But still, kids are kids and still need guidance. 

My kids are at the age where they are starting to refuse to follow my lead, and I know I have to make them listen so I decided to take things seriously and ask the advice of some experts on how I can have a balance of letting my kids do their stuff within the confines of my discipline.  I found a very helpful site ReGain which has programs  nd counseling for families to still have their individuality without losing the essence of being a family.  

5 minutes ago, SmudgePop said:

can relate much to that, being grabbed by the ear and then they would twist a bit... oh man, that really hurts!

Nowadays, kids called that child abuse.  And you got to be careful in implementing punishments.  We were like them once, only that we were treated differently then.  Now, children are protected by more rights and have more freedom.  Their opinions are heard, and yes they are more mature (I admit to that).  But still, kids are kids and still need guidance. 

My kids are at the age where they are starting to refuse to follow my lead, and I know I have to make them listen so I decided to take things seriously and ask the advice of some experts on how I can have a balance of letting my kids do their stuff within the confines of my discipline.  I found a very helpful site ReGain which has programs  nd counseling for families to still have their individuality without losing the essence of being a family.  

I hope their advice is better than their hair restorer.

Archived