Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

3 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

In the Sunday Post memories section today. 20 years ago a Kenny Miller double prevented a Welfare trip to Ibrox. 

As Shire had no game that day I paid a wee visit to Ochilview...........looking for an upset, standing in the away end, obviously! Fantastic support Welfare had, could do with that today. I particularly remember some supporters taking the cardboard cutout man onto the terracing, out of the John Smith's advert! 

Kenny Miller, on loan from Hibs, really was the difference between the sides, on the day. 

IMG_20190113_133648.jpg

I was at that game as well:)

5 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

In the Sunday Post memories section today. 20 years ago a Kenny Miller double prevented a Welfare trip to Ibrox. 

As Shire had no game that day I paid a wee visit to Ochilview...........looking for an upset, standing in the away end, obviously! Fantastic support Welfare had, could do with that today. I particularly remember some supporters taking the cardboard cutout man onto the terracing, out of the John Smith's advert! 

Kenny Miller, on loan from Hibs, really was the difference between the sides, on the day. 

IMG_20190113_133648.jpg

I was there too. Welfare missed a pen. Rumours that KM was forbidden by Hibs to play in the replay but after the draw paired them with Rangers, Stenny paid Hibs £8000 to let him play and his 2 goals were the difference. 

18 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

IMG_20190113_133648.jpg

We did have a decent support that day...making a fair racket on the terrace behind the goal. Freezing cauld if I remember...could write a book on our away days back then....culminating in the weekend of madness against Celtic...New adventures to haddington and tranent to come....

Edited by magoo

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I was there too. Welfare missed a pen. Rumours that KM was forbidden by Hibs to play in the replay but after the draw paired them with Rangers, Stenny paid Hibs £8000 to let him play and his 2 goals were the difference. 

It was 14k stenhousemuir paid hibs for his services according to the above article. 

All said and done and there's been much said, but we probably deserve to be relegated...there's been mistakes made at all levels within the club but I think that subject has been done enough now...way too early for any comments on the manager needs time and the chance to get his own time..a few rumours kicking about that there may be some off field activity that determines the ups and downs of lowland league football. Never sits right with me football being decided in meetings but it's a different beast football today, I suppose there's the scant consolation that dalbeattie appear to be similar to us, a scrappy win somewhere and the wacky world of football may show it's colours....

2 hours ago, magoo said:

All said and done and there's been much said, but we probably deserve to be relegated...there's been mistakes made at all levels within the club but I think that subject has been done enough now...way too early for any comments on the manager needs time and the chance to get his own time..a few rumours kicking about that there may be some off field activity that determines the ups and downs of lowland league football. Never sits right with me football being decided in meetings but it's a different beast football today, I suppose there's the scant consolation that dalbeattie appear to be similar to us, a scrappy win somewhere and the wacky world of football may show it's colours....

that's just typical Newky- rejigging the Leagues to save the big teams from relegation! :lol:

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

that's just typical Newky- rejigging the Leagues to save the big teams from relegation! :lol:

It's pleasing and heartening that you still see us as a big team Tam  :wub:  you should ken what it's like at the bottom,its no easy on and off the park ;)

On 14/01/2019 at 16:33, jedirules said:

Was shocked he started ,,,, why was Lucas dropped ?

loan agreement might say rintoul plays if available? lucas suffered as consequence? or maybe been ill or just dropped?!?! we don’t know details but yano is a better appointment than garyburger and jock

10 hours ago, Jamesw said:

loan agreement might say rintoul plays if available? lucas suffered as consequence? or maybe been ill or just dropped?!?! we don’t know details but yano is a better appointment than garyburger and jock

What's Yano's stats since he came in? Won 0, Drew 2 and Lost 4?

Hardly an improvement eh lol

1 hour ago, deejay1 said:

hav you been too any of the games? at least we look like scoring goals now. results will happen but its a massive improvement on the 2 idiots we had before.

1 hour ago, deejay1 said:

Depends on which way you look at it...I remember the manager at the start iof the season justified 2 shit performances by claiming that it's not that bad as they were only a point behind Spartans..stats eh

1 minute ago, Jamesw said:

hav you been too any of the games? at least we look like scoring goals now. results will happen but its a massive improvement on the 2 idiots we had before.

MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT?????

Here's your proof it's not!!!

Won 0, Drew 2 and Lost 4!!!

6 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

Bit unfair with the idiot quote..1 was prob old school and maybe had his time and the other turned into a bit of a David Brent character 

1 minute ago, magoo said:

Depends on which way you look at it...I remember the manager at the start iof the season justified 2 shit performances by claiming that it's not that bad as they were only a point behind Spartans..stats eh

Which way you look at it???

Proof is in the results i'd say.....

4 minutes ago, deejay1 said:

Which way you look at it???

Proof is in the results i'd say.....

I'd look at it as having a squad that's probably not good enough but a new manager who on reputation and how his interaction with the boys so far looks like he may make improvements to Whitehill in seasons to come.. you obviously have no idea about football if you think a team that is rock bottom of a league is suddenly going to start winning games instantly...