Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

I have huge amount of time for Whitehill Welfare and am a  bit nervous where the changes re SFA licencing are going.

However, the Lowland League is a different beast to the East of Scotland where Welfare dominated and it is strengthening every season.  If it is to be a stepping stone up and down from SPFL Division Two it is understandable if the plan is to make the gap and small as it can be. 

4 minutes ago, Dead said:

I have huge amount of time for Whitehill Welfare and am a  bit nervous where the changes re SFA licencing are going.

However, the Lowland League is a different beast to the East of Scotland where Welfare dominated and it is strengthening every season.  If it is to be a stepping stone up and down from SPFL Division Two it is understandable if the plan is to make the gap and small as it can be. 

And what if they decided you couldn't groundshare.........

We're F@lkirked! Though I would accept that. You never know if the SFA may just have that on their mid 're ground sharing.

I hate ground sharing but the Mackin agenda of trying to sell Firs Park with no regard to the actual club's viability nearly killed our club and as a direct result meant that we had to put money into ground sharing instead of growing the team and club. Look where that has gotten us.

Edited by Dead

28 minutes ago, Dead said:

We're F@lkirked! Though I would accept that. You never know if the SFA may just have that on their mid 're ground sharing.

I hate ground sharing but the Mackin agenda of trying to sell Firs Park with no regard to the actual club's viability nearly killed our club and as a direct result meant that we had to put money into ground sharing instead of growing the team and club. Look where that has gotten us.

Was nae having a go you just never know what s round the corner wi this lot in charge. 

32 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Was nae having a go you just never know what s round the corner wi this lot in charge. 

To be fair, the last 2 years it has been covered disabled spaces and now floodlights. Again, these are basics.  Seats could be next, and you could argue that should also be a basic, WW are fine with that.

Ground sharing isn't an issue if it is with another club from your own town/city/immediate area, in fact it's entirely sensible that Falkirk and East Stirlingshire share.

1 hour ago, naebor said:

They’ve got more history that any club at this level and due to licensing changes and Selkirk’s demise they look set to drop down a level

You said it was a joke they need floodlights because they play on a Saturday afternoon :lol:

Edited by Burnie_man

I've said countless times that in the next five years that most clubs will find there proper level within Scottish football and for what it's worth I think ww might be lower than what it currently is.  One thing tho the lawmakers seem to be making a right c**t of things at the moment,it's bad enough that they seem to be reactive to any issues at the moment rather than proactive,there coming across as, on the back of a fag packet administrator's who have no real concept of the way forward...is Scottish football that difficult to put a 15 year plan in place....

30 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

twitter says we played bonnyrigg last night. any score? any trialists? any good news? 

I'd hazard a guess the result didn't go our way,hence not much else aboot the game on social media. Ye mightve won a raffle prize though :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I'd hazard a guess the result didn't go our way,hence not much else aboot the game on social media. Ye mightve won a raffle prize though :thumsup2

The main thing is you know that Mrs Madeira Cake won a bottle of bubble bath :lol:

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

1 hour ago, 1985 said:

2 new players signed - Paul Grant who was on bench for Hibs in the “5-1” Scottish cup final - good solid keeper - don’t know the other guy 

More 

Signing News Goalkeeper, Paul Grant, signs from Broxburn Athletic & attacking midfielder, Mikey Hamilton, signs from Ormiston Amateurs.

Ormiston Amateurs !!! the flack Jock got for signing players from Arniston and now we are signing from Orniston Amateurs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Saying that if it works and he is a gem great work 

Good to have another keeper as well 

10 minutes ago, jedirules said:

More 

Signing News Goalkeeper, Paul Grant, signs from Broxburn Athletic & attacking midfielder, Mikey Hamilton, signs from Ormiston Amateurs.

Ormiston Amateurs !!! the flack Jock got for signing players from Arniston and now we are signing from Orniston Amateurs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Saying that if it works and he is a gem great work 

Good to have another keeper as well 

Least it's no the old pals act o players signin because theyre managers favs and good that the new lad in charge has actually gone out and looked at players. If it benefits the clubs position then I'm all for it whether signed from amateurs or not :)

Alot of very good amateur players out there that could make the step up with ease. Its just getting the right ones. Alot just want to play with there mates and local team or else you cant get them to training. Few gems out there right enough though if u have the right man picking them.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Least it's no the old pals act o players signin because theyre managers favs and good that the new lad in charge has actually gone out and looked at players. If it benefits the clubs position then I'm all for it whether signed from amateurs or not :)

Spot on Newcy- lot of decent lads out there that could cut it a in LL - but signing players from the same team because they’re the only one that will play for you was never gonna work- I’m sure Yano will kno all about the lad and not just signed because someone in the pub told him he was a good player - time will tell