Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

12 minutes ago, magoo said:

Go on bite....I've not 1% issue with ek, I've no doubt they will move upwards in the next 10 years, I think my angle is I'm one if the long term followers of football at this level and I remember what kind of rough figures that ww used to compete within and against...I think I would be generally staggered at income levels now with say maybe ek, Kelty etc

Both Kelty and EK have wealthy backers, and I think you’ll find that some of the players and staff will be paid through the respective backers companies. You wouldn’t get an accurate picture purely looking at the clubs books.

Go on bite....I've not 1% issue with ek, I've no doubt they will move upwards in the next 10 years, I think my angle is I'm one if the long term followers of football at this level and I remember what kind of rough figures that ww used to compete within and against...I think I would be generally staggered at income levels now with say maybe ek, Kelty etc

I’ll do you a deal. Tell me who the new pope is and i will bite.[emoji51]

12 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I’ll do you a deal. Tell me who the new pope is and i will bite.emoji51.png

I don't want to rain on spencys parade..there would litterly be a price put on my head...someone involved with a relatively sucsessful team is what I heard.but then again the drums may be massively out of tune, if I'm wrong il be more than happy to give the name I was told...I'm that kinda guy

The name on the jungle drums would be with a long term strategy outlook....any appointment will be a gamble but in all honesty it's a short gamble giving Whitehills current predicament...on a slightly different tangent and another good cup run for the East kilbride boys I'd love one of the tabloid type article's on clubs turnovers...that's not a dig or a moan about anybody or any clubs Its just prob from a jealous prospective

A simple well done to ek for flying the lowland league flag again in the scottish would have been fine[emoji6]

19 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Both Kelty and EK have wealthy backers, and I think you’ll find that some of the players and staff will be paid through the respective backers companies. You wouldn’t get an accurate picture purely looking at the clubs books.

Without the backers they must have generated some decent income on just sponsorship and in field sucsess alone

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

A simple well done to ek for flying the lowland league flag again in the scottish would have been fineemoji6.png

I'm all outta good luck messages, 1 win by December kinda has that effect on.you, but as I said the teams at the top will probably rise higher and good luck in there journey (apart from spartans as our long term rivalry won't allow me too)...

20 minutes ago, magoo said:

Without the backers they must have generated some decent income on just sponsorship and in field sucsess alone

I don’t disagree, however with wealthy backers it allows you to sign better players which leads to the on field success. Fair play to the guys who are willing to back the clubs with their money, and no club is ever going to refuse that.

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

I'm all outta good luck messages, 1 win by December kinda has that effect on.you, but as I said the teams at the top will probably rise higher and good luck in there journey (apart from spartans as our long term rivalry won't allow me too)...

Believe it or not im rooting for yous to get that 3 points. You seem to have hit the defeatest attitude which is understandable. Im still hoping welfare can turn it around. They’re the first result i look for after our own on a saturday night. Hopefully the new fella, whoever he may be, can get things turned around.

5 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I don’t disagree, however with wealthy backers it allows you to sign better players which leads to the on field success. Fair play to the guys who are willing to back the clubs with their money, and no club is ever going to defuse that.

It seems that the community at Kelty buy into the project as well. I remember when Annan were accepted Into the league and imo they never had as much local intrest as what Kelty have and whilst Annan have not dug up forests in there time they have more than held there own...

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Believe it or not im rooting for yous to get that 3 points. You seem to have hit the defeatest attitude which is understandable. Im still hoping welfare can turn it around. They’re the first result i look for after our own on a saturday night. Hopefully the new fella, whoever he may be, can get things turned around.

We always had a couple of reputations...1 moaning face b*****ds hard to please and 2 a decent wee ground to visit with decent pies decent pint and decent banter with the natives...I suspect that will remain  wherever we end up....

We always had a couple of reputations...1 moaning face b*****ds hard to please and 2 a decent wee ground to visit with decent pies decent pint and decent banter with the natives...I suspect that will remain  wherever we end up....

Stop talking about newky like that when he is not here to defend himself. ( point 1)

53 minutes ago, magoo said:

I don't want to rain on spencys parade..there would litterly be a price put on my head...someone involved with a relatively sucsessful team is what I heard.but then again the drums may be massively out of tune, if I'm wrong il be more than happy to give the name I was told...I'm that kinda guy

Where you getting yer info!