Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

3 minutes ago, Lowland League Follower said:

But no floodlights???? Its fine, just do what Vale do and ask another team to host you :-)

Ah right we're going from players to the floodlights for investment now. I'd say changing room facilities and social club were far more meaningful it's hardly the fault of the 3 LL clubs though :thumsup2

2 minutes ago, Lowland League Follower said:

I like the fact you have buried your head in the sand for the last 5 seasons cause it "only became a rule the last few months", The rules have been lightly adopted and now it is to be enforced, either apply for a grant to get floodlights installed or resign from the LL, (if you get a reprieve)

Oh the rage :lol:

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Season after season it was only this season it became a ruling. Dry yer eyes man who's to say the 3 LL clubs without lights haven't made plans  ?

WW and VoL have been in the LL from the start,yet nowt has been done floodlight wise.

Well aware the licensing issues hav changed this year browny as regards the SFA but it was I'm sure a rule of the LL's to get them installed ?

Just now, Lowland League Follower said:

Who, Whitehill??

Aye whitehill and an artificial pitch as well. Knocked back because we own the park now away and have a go at the various ground sharers who have done fcuk all to get a license 

Aye whitehill and an artificial pitch as well. Knocked back because we own the park now away and have a go at the various ground sharers who have done fcuk all to get a license 
So you must have funding in place for the 3g pitch and floodlighting, From recollection permissoon was granted for floodlighting. 3g was a seperate issue. Where is the rage, merely stating facts and opinion from other clubs with their own ground and floodlighting and changing rooms.
On a separate note. The changing rooms and social club were funded from the Scottish Cup run ultimately ended by Celtic. That was some time ago and way before the Lowland League.

1 minute ago, Lowland League Follower said:

So you must have funding in place for the 3g pitch and floodlighting, From recollection permissoon was granted for floodlighting. 3g was a seperate issue. Where is the rage, merely stating facts and opinion from other clubs with their own ground and floodlighting and changing rooms.
On a separate note. The changing rooms and social club were funded from the Scottish Cup run ultimately ended by Celtic. That was some time ago and way before the Lowland League.

A lot of things happened LONG before the LL funny how it's the place to be now though eh. 

I take it yer having a go at ww because yer team were refused a license. That's no ww s fault bud take it up wi the right authorities. 

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

My club and every other SHFL club has floodlights and are at Tier 5,so why is WW,VoL and Civil's getting away season after season without them??

What's wrong Whitburn no relegation issues in the Highland League to talk about?

1 hour ago, Lowland League Follower said:

The same place you found all the money during the glory days to pay for the best players while other clubs invested the money into the facilities. All teams with no floodlights should be automatically removed from the Lowland League, all clubs knew it was going to be a requirement since the inception of the Lowland League. So the teams with no floodlights have had 5 seasons to fundraise and install sufficient floodlighting. No sympathy

Who invested in there grounds more than Whitehill in the eos days... take council fc out sorry Spartans...we put new changing rooms small stand and new clubhouse, oh and bought the ground...

The money WW spent on improvements to initially get their licence wouldn't have been cheap either, and certainly owning your own ground goes against you for grants etc like some teams we could all name, but that's not really the point.
We need floodlights for Lowland League and Scottish Cup but do we need them for EoS ?
So if we do stay up at the expense of Bonnyrigg (which doesn't seem fair really) then how long do we have to get them installed?

31 minutes ago, The 49Bus said:

The money WW spent on improvements to initially get their licence wouldn't have been cheap either, and certainly owning your own ground goes against you for grants etc like some teams we could all name, but that's not really the point.
We need floodlights for Lowland League and Scottish Cup but do we need them for EoS ?
So if we do stay up at the expense of Bonnyrigg (which doesn't seem fair really) then how long do we have to get them installed?

WW were audited in October 2018. You'll probably be audited around the same time this year, depends on what you get told then. Imagine you'll be fine through the end of the 2019/20 season as they won't pull a license mid-season.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

WW were audited in October 2018. You'll probably be audited around the same time this year, depends on what you get told then. Imagine you'll be fine through the end of the 2019/20 season as they won't pull a license mid-season.

Cheers, so hopefully gives us a wee bit breathing space to get the floodlights installed and keep our licence/Scottish Cup entry

3 hours ago, Lowland League Follower said:

If you have knowledge of Whitehill or the other 2 clubs having floodlighting to be installed in the close season then please share!! I have my doubts!

Any idea what happened to the meadowbank lights just saying likes:whistle

I overheard two old guys at Bonnyrigg game last week in the pie hut queue saying the Rose had been offered two sets of floodlights, I couldn't hear any more though, maybe one set was from Meadowbank??

Sorry for the half story :unsure2:

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

In all seriousness, have WW actually applied for planning permission for lights in the past as I couldn't find anything on the council's planning portal?

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In all seriousness, have WW actually applied for planning permission for lights in the past as I couldn't find anything on the council's planning portal?

The problem wi the lights at ww i think (and I could be way of the mark) is getting the feed from the generator which by my local knowledge is 250 yards up the road behind the primary school. They'd need to dig up Carnethie Street and cause chaos through the village to connect wi it. It's just no a case of putting lights around the park  ? 

As an aside I'm ruling out us having the meadowbank lights which narrows it doon to 2  LL clubs ? 

All is not lost on the 3 LL clubs getting lights  ?

24 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Not the fault of WW, VoL or CSS for today's decision.

Never said it was.

Sticks in the craw though that the SFA can turn a blind eye to the 3 above yet Bonnyrigg who have played their way this season to the EoS title get knocked back,even though floodlights will be installed before next season and those above still might not have them?

A wee bit of come and go from the SFA wouldn't hav gone amiss.

Feel theyve been done over by the SFA,due to the EoS and LL quite rightly not accepting the juniors in at Tier 6.....Farce!!

Edited by Whitburn Vale