Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

1 hour ago, Spency said:

1) So ye were nowhere near the game today yet are comparing 2 6 goal defeats  :lol: - results yes

2) Did you read kayemphoto s post  ?  - yes I did and your point is in a 6-2 defeat?

3) Budgets  ?  - yes is not rocket science as you say comparing Whitehill to kelty coincidence I think not

Yer no telling me that the likes of Strollers,/Vale have better budgets than WW  ? - yes I am and if you were close enough to it you would know that’s the case we couldn’t compete when trying to sign players who got offered more are both these clubs which is a fact not hearsay

4) Has any of the umpteen managers you say gone onto better things  ?  - irrelevant really, so WW have retired then all what a claim. More to the point what have Whitehill went on to achieve? 

5) Have i called players rats leaving sinking ships  ? - yes you have check your previous posts

6) So who's fault is it  ? - without doubt the people who have run the club over the last number of years. To leave the club with absolutely no money 2 years ago is unforgivable. Mind I’d be interested to hear the programme mans view on this?

Hmmmm you sound like a committee man not there today that narrows it doon a bit  :lol:

Show me a post calling players rats and I'll apologise  ?

I wouldn't know club finances but if yer having a go at the award winning programme lad. Them programmes brought in valuable revenue to the club and gave it a high profile.  The amount of 1st time visitors I spoke to at Rosewell who came through the gates spent a few quid on admission bar food etc would leave you gobsmacked.  I've actually seen punters disappointed there aren't any around anymore.

Of course it's no far to find oot on social media where his programmes are now. Praised all over the social media outlets.  

Personally think that was an own goal by the club but you seem to know best Mr committee man.  

Still awaiting yer pm as to who you are but certainly narrows it doon ;)

Edited by newcastle broon

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You keep mentioning the budget  ?

We had a perfectly decent YOUTH set up where players were playing for the name alone  ?

We have left Lasswade as an u20s home base and now play as toonies  ?

Youth  seems the way to go forward but as much as there may be one or 2 decent just now you can't help but fear for the discipline incidents that's happening nearly every week ? 

Bonnyrigg are running a 20s team next season where if we were playing out o lasswade we'd maybes get 1st dibs on the young laddies coming through  ?

Surely not is bang on the button we're miles behind Vale who last week struggled for a team ,Gala,Strollers all teams we used to dominate in the EOSFL  ?

Far too many lads have left the club,that's no a budget problem that's bad management  ?

But that’s part of my point around bad management, yous thought Bingham, Smally, jock were all shite and now if you believe what’s been posted we have a manager who’s not won a game and is likely to join nitten months after taking up the position, that’s just crazy. Problem as I see it is stability and patience. We have seen a countless amount of young lads feature last few years and recently yes they have left for one reason or another o take that point. Youth is definitely the way ahead when you don’t have the funds like a kelty and EK. 

How do you know the budget and on what money players have come In on? You rtalking nonsense there’s players there on 300 a season in the lowland league come on wake up your only going to get so far with that.

Where do you think welfare sit in the list of 15 teams budget wise?

Both unis, edusport (different thing obv), vale, civil, Gretna and Dalbeattie all likely operating on less of a yearly budget. And those teams stretch from 5 points ahead of welfare ( star) to 31 points ahead (civil). And of those sides, only star have remotely been involved in a relegation battle this year. The rest have essentially been safe since the clocks went back.

But that’s part of my point around bad management, yous thought Bingham, Smally, jock were all shite and now if you believe what’s been posted we have a manager who’s not won a game and is likely to join nitten months after taking up the position, that’s just crazy. Problem as I see it is stability and patience. We have seen a countless amount of young lads feature last few years and recently yes they have left for one reason or another o take that point. Youth is definitely the way ahead when you don’t have the funds like a kelty and EK. 

Agree youth is the way to go but with the exception of the uni teams, the teams I named above as having a smaller budget don’t even run youth sides.

Although that may actually hold welfare back budget wise

our budget used to be huge in eos but wi teams coming in an spendin big we are a minnow now. shitshow started wi small an got worse wi landells. thought yano would turn it round but he obv cant. its no his team but if he’s away to nitten we have another change o manager comin. who next?

1 hour ago, Spency said:

1) So ye were nowhere near the game today yet are comparing 2 6 goal defeats  :lol: - results yes

2) Did you read kayemphoto s post  ?  - yes I did and your point is in a 6-2 defeat?

3) Budgets  ?  - yes is not rocket science as you say comparing Whitehill to kelty coincidence I think not

Yer no telling me that the likes of Strollers,/Vale have better budgets than WW  ? - yes I am and if you were close enough to it you would know that’s the case we couldn’t compete when trying to sign players who got offered more are both these clubs which is a fact not hearsay

4) Has any of the umpteen managers you say gone onto better things  ?  - irrelevant really, so WW have retired then all what a claim. More to the point what have Whitehill went on to achieve? 

5) Have i called players rats leaving sinking ships  ? - yes you have check your previous posts

6) So who's fault is it  ? - without doubt the people who have run the club over the last number of years. To leave the club with absolutely no money 2 years ago is unforgivable. Mind I’d be interested to hear the programme mans view on this?

Listen 90% of people on here post about Whitehill as fans there's a clue in the name, a fans forum,   they post as how they see things people can agree or disagree it's the nature of the beast, to drop hints that you know facts about finances and facts to belittle other people's thoughts is a bit shitty,if your in a position to know these things it's not very professional to be kicking about here using it to score points against fans. The bottom line is any football team in the world would be open to criticism after the last 18 months of Whitehill performances whatever the budget is, your sniping at the last commitee is wearing a bit thin, you seem to miss the point of I would imagine that Whitehills budget is not the overriding budget problem it's the fact we are now in a league where the opposition teams are bigger,stronger, and substantially able to create finance revenues that Whitehill can only dream about,I'm not saying the previous commitee were good bad or ugly but as a fan looking  in I can't imagine the budgets from every season in lowland league will be substantially up or down as one poster said earlier it looks like ours has been spent very poorly....

14 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

our budget used to be huge in eos but wi teams coming in an spendin big we are a minnow now. shitshow started wi small an got worse wi landells. thought yano would turn it round but he obv cant. its no his team but if he’s away to nitten we have another change o manager comin. who next?

That’s the point last season was the first season the club has not had the big or even decent budget in comparison to previous years that’s no coincidence the decline, and the changing of managers hasn’t helped I guess. Any way I will return to abeyance as don’t want to upset anyone, bring back deejay :-) lol

6 minutes ago, Spency said:

That’s the point last season was the first season the club has not had the big or even decent budget in comparison to previous years that’s no coincidence the decline, and the changing of managers hasn’t helped I guess. Any way I will return to abeyance as don’t want to upset anyone, bring back deejay :-) lol

Why what happened in the first 3 lowland league seasons that were different to the last two that budget has gone from big to small...

2 minutes ago, magoo said:

Why what happened in the first 3 lowland league seasons that were different to the last two that budget has gone from big to small...

The well ran dry and not enough finance brought in maybe? It’s one thing having nice programmes, another thing altogether being able to finance a decent side for the lowland league these days. Club has a tiny fan base in comparison to your rose, nitten and Penicuik etc which doesn’t help either. 

2 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

It’s the evolution of the LL, you have teams coming in who have wealthy backers and teams who have been traditionally strong. It’s only going to get harder to survive in this league once the ex junior EoS teams start filtering in.

Your spot on and in a few years the likes of the uni teams, vale, Dalbeattie etx will all be out the league of the Bonnyrigg’s, Penicuik, Linlithgows of the world get up.

Way it should be to be fair ambitious teams with the right backing and infrastructure should all be in the top the leagues leagues as long as they merit it and work to get there 

1 minute ago, Spency said:

The well ran dry and not enough finance brought in maybe? It’s one thing having nice programmes, another thing altogether being able to finance a decent side for the lowland league these days. Club has a tiny fan base in comparison to your rose, nitten and Penicuik etc which doesn’t help either. 

Talking shite again look at the stats for the average crowds. Our crowds are actually doon this year but still above some LL sides 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Talking shite again look at the stats for the average crowds. Our crowds are actually doon this year but still above some LL sides 

How is that talking shite against the teams I have quoted? Read the post 

7 minutes ago, Spency said:

Programmes, I've never mentioned programmes or have any real intrest in programme,from what I've seen the lad that did the programmes did a superb job but in the context of budgets I've no real idea on there relevance, the club have had a tiny fan base since the 70s, I'm well aware that Whitehills level won't be lowland league in fact I've been one of the biggest advocates of team's finding there correct level within the new pyramid..my main point is from the start of the lowland league there's nothing that stands out in 5 season's why the budgets should change so dramatically,the old commitee whilst hard working were hardly ground-breaking in finance raising and the new comitee again hard working but working within the same constraints will struggle to raise money..I just don't see where the well that run dry was overflowing in the first place so much so we've gone from good budget to bad budget

7 minutes ago, Spency said:

Your spot on and in a few years the likes of the uni teams, vale, Dalbeattie etx will all be out the league of the Bonnyrigg’s, Penicuik, Linlithgows of the world get up.

Way it should be to be fair ambitious teams with the right backing and infrastructure should all be in the top the leagues leagues as long as they merit it and work to get there 

Good luck tae them but Dinny forget the roots o the LL though,the clubs you mentioned didn't give a fcuk a few short years ago ;)

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

20190224_001122.jpg

Still doesn’t have any relevance to my point. I’m sure I seen Musselburgh had 2/300 at their game against nitten last week that’s the comparison which helps attract sponsorship or gives you a better chance. 

1 minute ago, magoo said:

Programmes, I've never mentioned programmes or have any real intrest in programme,from what I've seen the lad that did the programmes did a superb job but in the context of budgets I've no real idea on there relevance, the club have had a tiny fan base since the 70s, I'm well aware that Whitehills level won't be lowland league in fact I've been one of the biggest advocates of team's finding there correct level within the new pyramid..my main point is from the start of the lowland league there's nothing that stands out in 5 season's why the budgets should change so dramatically,the old commitee whilst hard working were hardly ground-breaking in finance raising and the new comitee again hard working but working within the same constraints will struggle to raise money..I just don't see where the well that run dry was overflowing in the first place so much so we've gone from good budget to bad budget

You would have to ask a current or previous committee member maybe they will explain the ins and outs of where the money has gone and why there was no contingency in place when they seen it was running out. 

2 minutes ago, Spency said:

You would have to ask a current or previous committee member maybe they will explain the ins and outs of where the money has gone and why there was no contingency in place when they seen it was running out. 

Call an EGM then you're the committee man ;)