Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

A 4-0 defeat looks another thumping on paper but keeper sent off in less than 2 minutes.  An early goal wi free header ,an o.g and a goal off an unlucky defender. Played some good fitba at times. I expected this (defeat) today but there were more encouraging signs than I've seen in long time.

As for shire ye canny be happy wi that performance,it's 3 points but will certainly need to up game if want oot this league. Looking good  in yer new set up though.

Edited by newcastle broon

Would agree. I thought that none of your players heads went down after the sending off and competed really well throughout the game.  I was surprised that we waited until half time before changing to a 352 to take advantage of the extra man. Would love to see the game again if was 11 v 11 .

Thought it was an ok Shire performance today, good individual passages of play and some players really were trying to force the game. We are still a WIP at the moment but already the squad is stronger and better than last season. Rodgers is still a few games away from match fitness but glad he got 45 mins today.  Would really like us to sign a 3 and even 4th forward.

Will take this start to the season compared to last season when we looked yards off the pace.

Thought Whitehill looked really good today, they were already down to 10 men by the time I came up from the bar. 

Most Shire fans were happy with the performance. I thought it was a workmanlike effort. They did what they had to do to win the 3 points and it was another clean sheet. 

Whitehill dug in and played really well with 10 men. Tiredness was always going to be an issue and Shire never really got out od 2nd gear. You really had a couple of good chances too!

My issue was that several times in the middle of the park we had the ball and Allum was making a run. By the time we decide to play the ball he's offside or stopped his run to stay onside. Need to sharpen up in there as there were at least 4 occassions where this happened and someone could've been slipped through.

5 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Whitehill dug in and played really well with 10 men. Tiredness was always going to be an issue and Shire never really.got out od 2nd gear. You really had a couple of good chances too!

My issue was that several times in the middle of the park we had the ball and Allum was making a run. By the time we decide to play the ball he's offside or stopped his run to stay onside. Need to sharpen up in there as there were at least 4 occassions where this happened and someone could've been slipped through.

Was that you just home SAS ? :D 

8 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png was at a wedding reception last night mate! Nothing beats a half cut 2am post or 2 on here.

:lol: ... if it wasn’t for the time on it I wouldn’t have known you held it together well :D ! 

[emoji38] ... if it wasn’t for the time on it I wouldn’t have known you held it together well [emoji3] ! 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it probably took me about 20 minutes to type and spellcheck. Thanks for the support though

Been there done it bought the t shirt.
talking of which ye did nae go in yer shire top did ye :eek:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I have been known to wear it out after games but I changed into a kilt to really get into the swing of things