Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

but how could the juniors come in at tier 6 if other teams are already at that level in the EoS?
Need to start at the bottom like every other new EoS team has done this season, there will be ex juniors not in the EoS premier league next season so the juniors can't expect to go in above that level surely?

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Never said it was.

Sticks in the craw though that the SFA can turn a blind eye to the 3 above yet Bonnyrigg who have played their way this season to the EoS title get knocked back,even though floodlights will be installed before next season and those above still might not have them?

A wee bit of come and go from the SFA wouldn't hav gone amiss.

Feel theyve been done over by the SFA,due to the EoS and LL quite rightly not accepting the juniors in at Tier 6.....Farce!!

I don't think the SFA are turning a blind eye to anyone. These club's will need to get lights. How they are dealt with will be slightly different though as they are already members. 

Bonnyrigg not giving up on going up going by their statement they've just made,time will tell on how this plays out over the next month or so.

No hiding place now either for the 3  clubs above,for me they've got to hav floodlights installed by this time next year.

Unless of course for Whitehill they go down to the EoS.

13 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I don't think the SFA are turning a blind eye to anyone. These club's will need to get lights. How they are dealt with will be slightly different though as they are already members. 

U know what, it's a straight forward as that, some of the deluded pish posted by some on here is staggering, all this was triggered by the juniors jumping ship to join the gravy train after doing nothing but mock the pyramid and the lowland league, now every descion that's made has to suit the agenda or everything and everyone is farcical 

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Bonnyrigg not giving up on going up going by their statement they've just made,time will tell on how this plays out over the next month or so.

No hiding place now either for the 3  clubs above,for me they've got to hav floodlights installed by this time next year.

I'm sure they're all very well aware of that and by the sounds of things CSS already have lights sourced. Someone on here has also mentioned some potential costs for WW beyond simply installation.

I find it strange how these 3 clubs have gotten the most stick today. There are 2 clubs in the LL that couldn't get a ground sorted in their local area and have been renting grounds 30-70 odd miles away instead. Would of thought those would be the main targets over the failings of the licensing system.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm sure they're all very well aware of that and by the sounds of things CSS already have lights sourced. Someone on here has also mentioned some potential costs for WW beyond simply installation.

I find it strange how these 3 clubs have gotten the most stick today. There are 2 clubs in the LL that couldn't get a ground sorted in their local area and have been renting grounds 30-70 odd miles away instead. Would of thought those would be the main targets over the failings of the licensing system.

That's a fair point, is there a restriction on how long you can groundshare to keep your licence?

13 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Who stated they were hiding, the club's you mention are well aware of the rules, you whinging  for hours on end won't change that

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yeah agree with you fairweather,the BSC/Edusport situation is a farce,though Edu are moving to Strathy park.

Think because floodlights hav been the main reason for license's being declined that the spotlight turned on WW,Civil's and VoL.

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Yeah agree with you fairweather,the BSC/Edusport situation is a farce,though Edu are moving to Strathy park.

Moving to strathy park you say  ? 

Works coming along nicely I take it ? 

I hope they're ready in time  ? 

What's the latest at Broadwood wi cumbernauld but aye let's fire into the 3 LL clubs without lights  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

8 minutes ago, magoo said:

Who stated they were hiding, the club's you mention are well aware of the rules, you whinging  for hours on end won't change that

Not a fan of injustice and this is what this is magoo.

The rules on floodlights got changed with next to no time for those applying.

Understand you guys don't want to go down,time will tell on that.

1 minute ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Think because floodlights hav been the main reason for license's being declined that the spotlight turned on WW,Civil's and VoL.

The Lowland League also change their rules and gave a fixed kick-off time for midweek games this year. Think that was a nudge to their membership, so i'm sure the 3 in particular are working on it.

It's just that these things aren't the easiest thing to get done though. Everyone knows that which is why it's seen as the SFA curtailing new members. In reference to Camelon it has been said that they won't be able to get it done until the end of the 2019/20 season. So there's a similar sized club, if not bigger, saying it'll take 18 months from the rule change.

9 minutes ago, The 49Bus said:

That's a fair point, is there a restriction on how long you can groundshare to keep your licence?

Nope, nothing against it. There's some parts of licensing related to youth football. Nobody thought to say that your youth football activites and first team play happen in the same general vicinity of each other.

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Moving to strathy park you say  ? 

Works coming along nicely I take it ? 

I hope they're ready in time  ? 

What's the latest at Broadwood wi cumbernauld but aye let's fire into the 3 LL clubs without lights  ? 

That's because floodlights are thee issue today!!!

Understand you boys don't want to go down,if it's not this season probably be next.

Probably whitehill's level to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

This pish again. I wonder when we do finally get a ground what the complaints will be? 

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Not a fan of injustice and this is what this is magoo.

The rules on floodlights got changed with next to no time for those applying.

Understand you guys don't want to go down,time will tell on that.

So why is that ww at fault  ?

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The idea of a licensing system is improve standards. The ground is only a small part of that, having a youth system (notice some clubs are now scrambling to set up associations with other sports clubs to tick that box) having good governance etc etc.  Fact is groundshare is not against the rules. How far away the ground is from your local area is not even a rule. So you can mump and moan about it all you like but we’re here we play in the Lowland League and we finished a comfortable 2nd this season. 

40 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

That's because floodlights are thee issue today!!!

Understand you boys don't want to go down,if it's not this season probably be next.

Probably whitehill's level to be fair.

Your northern team play in a league at the same level of the pyramid as ww just now and canny even get relegated dinny even go there and talk about levels !!

Edited by newcastle broon

9 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The idea of a licensing system is improve standards. The ground is only a small part of that, having a youth system (notice some clubs are now scrambling to set up associations with other sports clubs to tick that box) having good governance etc etc.  Fact is groundshare is not against the rules. How far away the ground is from your local area is not even a rule. So you can mump and moan about it all you like but we’re here we play in the Lowland League and we finished a comfortable 2nd this season. 

If you'd seen above I already said there's nothing against it and that nobody thought to tie in the youth aspects and first team to a local area.

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nope, nothing against it. There's some parts of licensing related to youth football. Nobody thought to say that your youth football activites and first team play happen in the same general vicinity of each other.

I get why you're defensive about it because BSC are regularly targeted. But right now there are 3 clubs get an excessive amount of stick simply for not having floodlights. There are other clubs that simply rented out compliant grounds some local, some not, and i'd consider that a worse situation. Which is something BSC can understand and agree with otherwise they wouldn't be working on getting their own place closer to home eventually.

6 hours ago, Lowland League Follower said:

So you must have funding in place for the 3g pitch and floodlighting, From recollection permissoon was granted for floodlighting. 3g was a seperate issue. Where is the rage, merely stating facts and opinion from other clubs with their own ground and floodlighting and changing rooms.
On a separate note. The changing rooms and social club were funded from the Scottish Cup run ultimately ended by Celtic. That was some time ago and way before the Lowland League.

Make up your mind one min your bringing up payments to players from the 90s,then your dismissing posts when it's pointed out that money was spent within that period on ground improvements.....

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Your northern team play in a league at the same level of the pyramid as ww just now and canny even get relegated dinny even go there and talk about levels !!

Again not Deveronvales or the SHFL's fault  !!

The Highland league welcome applications but no-one below wants to play.

Anyhow only Banks o Dee have showed any real interest in joining.

Edited by Whitburn Vale