Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

10 hours ago, 1985 said:

Million miles away now - sadly changes made too late and not enough time or players available for manager - hopefully next season will see a big improvement in what will be a fantastic league with loads derbies - 

Have you heard anything are we applying for the extra  LL place ?

Next season no matter what league will  be difficult as well  ? 

7 hours ago, jedirules said:

Another season starting with a new team of players , fingers crossed it works out his time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cant see many of the current squad being required either 

Has the manager been looking for next season ? 

A lot of teams most probably ahead of next season's schedule as it is.:unsure2:

Edited by newcastle broon

9 hours ago, jedirules said:

Another season starting with a new team of players , fingers crossed it works out his time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cant see many of the current squad being required either 

I have to agree, maybe harsh but a complete clear out us required,is there any parachute payment...

The Evening News will get one more out this tomorrow take your pick for ... ‘We won’t stop fighting until it’s mathematically impossible’. 

#believe 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

11 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The Evening News will get one more out this tomorrow take your pick for ... ‘We won’t stop fighting until it’s mathematically impossible’. 

#believe 

Fake news

On 27/03/2019 at 18:42, newcastle broon said:

Have you heard anything are we applying for the extra  LL place ?

Next season no matter what league will  be difficult as well  ? 

I'd be very surprised if you don't apply tbh. But if you go down, at least the EOS isn't a bad league to drop into next season. Plus the EOS forum would have some extra activity from you guys.

4 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Relegated today ?? Hope you’d apply for 16th position gid day oot at yours 

Unfortunately not. WW could still technically overtake Dalbeattie on goal difference, though we know it's not happening.

Only seen the 2nd half today, the overwhelming weekness imo with Whitehill had the lack of any players with physical strength, I've no doubt that many of these young players will prob look ok in a two touch training session or 5 a side game but as a team there are virtually no players who can look after the ball and mix it when required,that's 3 managers in 2 years that have not addressed the problem and as much as east Stirling dropped off the pace in the 2nd half I'm struggling to think of a shot on target in the 2nd half, massive pre season for management and commitee coming up....

Only seen the 2nd half today, the overwhelming weekness imo with Whitehill had the lack of any players with physical strength, I've no doubt that many of these young players will prob look ok in a two touch training session or 5 a side game but as a team there are virtually no players who can look after the ball and mix it when required,that's 3 managers in 2 years that have not addressed the problem and as much as east Stirling dropped off the pace in the 2nd half I'm struggling to think of a shot on target in the 2nd half, massive pre season for management and commitee coming up....
I can only recall 1 shot on target and it was in the first half. Your boys looked knackered with 20 minutes to go. Been a real tough season for you boys

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The officials were shocking today. Couldnt get a grip of the game and it spiralled. Good to see Brissy score again and hopefully it wont be the last visit to Ferguson Park in the near future

I'll let the young, near side linesman off the hook. He got on our bus at Bonnyrigg and we told him we wouldn't slag him! 

Always an enjoyable visit to Ferguson Park. Hopefully Whitehill can stay up, other than the circumstances where 15th would go down anyway (Cove going up and Berwick or Albion coming down). 

This time last year, there were only 13 teams in the EOS league and therefore, one relegation spot out of 16, with a possibility of a second one, seemed reasonable enough, given what was below. 

Selkirk started the season, so should be considered as 16th. It would be the same in other league. One team's demise shouldn't punish another team. Had the Selkirk situation not arisen, there would have been no talk of Welfare going down, other than the circumstances above. 

Of course, the EOS is in a much stronger position now and more promotion and relegation places should open up, but that's something for NEXT season. 

Any vote to keep Whitehill up should be a foregone conclusion as you can't move the goalposts during the season. You should know what you're playing for when the season kicks off. 

Always an enjoyable visit to Ferguson Park. Hopefully Whitehill can stay up, other than the circumstances where 15th would go down anyway (Cove going up and Berwick or Albion coming down). 

This time last year, there were only 13 teams in the EOS league and therefore, one relegation spot out of 16, with a possibility of a second one, seemed reasonable enough, given what was below. 

Selkirk started the season, so should be considered as 16th. It would be the same in other league. One team's demise shouldn't punish another team. Had the Selkirk situation not arisen, there would have been no talk of Welfare going down, other than the circumstances above. 

Of course, the EOS is in a much stronger position now and more promotion and relegation places should open up, but that's something for NEXT season. 

Any vote to keep Whitehill up should be a foregone conclusion as you can't move the goalposts during the season. You should know what you're playing for when the season kicks off. 

The rules say "bottom club" and 15th is bottom, there isn't a 16th club, it doesn't exist. So whoever finishes bottom goes down. Perhaps the LL need to clarify/amend the wording of the rule, to be applied for next season.

Wouldn't be a good look for the LL if they tried to keep the bottom club in the league, although I think I'm right in saying the SFA refused permission for the rule to be changed mid season.

By all means allow them to re-apply for the vacancy if they want to.

At the start of season bottom = 16th 

Selkirk should still have been deemed bottom

I fail to see the problem with this 

The lowland league voted on this and agreed , so why the SFA refused this is strange