Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

2 hours ago, 1985 said:

Spot on Newcy- lot of decent lads out there that could cut it a in LL - but signing players from the same team because they’re the only one that will play for you was never gonna work- I’m sure Yano will kno all about the lad and not just signed because someone in the pub told him he was a good player - time will tell 

Good lad, played in the same Musselburgh 19's team with George Hunter and Jed Davie, then signed for Ormiston EOS.

Small in stature but has the heart of a lion, lost his way a wee bit last few seasons but definitely a risk worth taking from Yano.

19 hours ago, beachboy said:

Good lad, played in the same Musselburgh 19's team with George Hunter and Jed Davie, then signed for Ormiston EOS.

Small in stature but has the heart of a lion, lost his way a wee bit last few seasons but definitely a risk worth taking from Yano.

Wish the guy all the best but the club have let much better young players go in recent seasons.

3 hours ago, uptheslope said:

Wish the guy all the best but the club have let much better young players go in recent seasons.

Why would Whitehill be different from any other club in football...if a player wants to leave they leave 

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is comin' to town

Spoiler

5c1d81ab87514_stoningscene.jpg.5179e27759e7948900ed8fa8fb70a5cf.jpg

:P Merry Christmas to the good folk of Rosewell and hopefully things will pick up for you in 2019! 

Played well today with a very thin squad. Well played the lads that got on the park. End to end stuff nailbiting at times. Impressive debut from new keeper who  had a world class outstanding save,apart from that had little else to do. We are a couple experienced players away from being a decent side that maybe just maybe can work the miracle that we need. Toughie next week v the in form BSC Mon the welfarrre!!!

20 minutes ago, Eck Houston said:

Took in your game yesterday Newcastle brown could have went either way thought you played some descent stuff at times your no 9 shit it against vinnie one on one looked fav to get there first

Spot on bud (maybe too scared the keeper would blow his tan away :lol:) I was right in line he would easily have won that ball. On saying that he had some nice hold up play before being subbed, ironically when we went up the park and scored. The laddie isnt a centre forward to be fair as we were doon t the bare bones squadwise but definately need a 15/20 goal a season no.9,no many o them about or available unfortunately. 

On 23 December 2018 at 15:17, newcastle broon said:

Spot on bud (maybe too scared the keeper would blow his tan away :lol:) I was right in line he would easily have won that ball. On saying that he had some nice hold up play before being subbed, ironically when we went up the park and scored. The laddie isnt a centre forward to be fair as we were doon t the bare bones squadwise but definately need a 15/20 goal a season no.9,no many o them about or available unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jamesw said:

positive today was the effort from everyone. negatives was another late goal. could have been 2-0. splendid save from there keeper. great skill from kevin for our goal

Very young team and did very well I thought- what a difference it makes when you have a coach that can actually coach and organise a team . Also looks like they guys have an appetite to play for him - finances limited and also good players not usually freely available in January , but onwards and upwards - massive improvement in my opinion 

The amount of late equalisers yous are conceding is a nightmare. Thats a good 3 or 4 games with an 80 min plus equaliser. Must be frustrating as hell. On the plus side, seem to be far more solid with change of manager. Fingers crossed yous can start changing these points into 3 points.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Point gained and disappointed not to have taken 3 but goal difference closed in on Dalbeattie as well I've said for weeks now it's far from over. Mon the welfarrre!!!!

Need wins pronto style now tho...vastly improved performances but in reality a shitty 3 point win is req, without stating the obvious the last 2 weeks draws would have been better with a win and defeat.final point the manager who seems to be the answer going forward really needs to pull a couple of strikers out a magic hat from somewhere...we live in hope

Great to get a point, but should have been 3, sadly keeper error, soft goal lost at the end,

Open goal sitter missed by Hamilton to make it 2.0, as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

New centre half did ok, other 2 youngsters did their best but toiled, Lucas never stopped challenging, Woods coped well with the ariel attack, Sommerville had a great game very impressive, Keane was different gravy

Well done the Welfare Lads

In the Sunday Post memories section today. 20 years ago a Kenny Miller double prevented a Welfare trip to Ibrox. 

As Shire had no game that day I paid a wee visit to Ochilview...........looking for an upset, standing in the away end, obviously! Fantastic support Welfare had, could do with that today. I particularly remember some supporters taking the cardboard cutout man onto the terracing, out of the John Smith's advert! 

Kenny Miller, on loan from Hibs, really was the difference between the sides, on the day. 

IMG_20190113_133648.jpg

56 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

In the Sunday Post memories section today. 20 years ago a Kenny Miller double prevented a Welfare trip to Ibrox. 

As Shire had no game that day I paid a wee visit to Ochilview...........looking for an upset, standing in the away end, obviously! Fantastic support Welfare had, could do with that today. I particularly remember some supporters taking the cardboard cutout man onto the terracing, out of the John Smith's advert! 

Kenny Miller, on loan from Hibs, really was the difference between the sides, on the day. 

IMG_20190113_133648.jpg

Remember it well Miller getting to play was a bit controversial at the time.