Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

a promising start under yano. just ran out of legs in xtra time. end result didn’t reflect the game. only negative was only 3 subs as we couldve used 4 when it went to xtra time. should have taken some 20s to give them experience and the team xtra legs

some of the kelty faithful have very high opinions of themselves. some embarrasin shouts. 

4 hours ago, Jamesw said:

a promising start under yano. just ran out of legs in xtra time. end result didn’t reflect the game. only negative was only 3 subs as we couldve used 4 when it went to xtra time. should have taken some 20s to give them experience and the team xtra legs

some of the kelty faithful have very high opinions of themselves. some embarrasin shouts. 

He will get more out of the  young lads than the previous manager . He knows how to organise properly and at the same time let the boys express themselves - I’m sure he will make a few positive signing in the next couple months - hang on to Dalbeattie , Gretna the few teams above, said before good run in so still have it all to play for. Putting 3-4 results together can make a huge difference 

On 12/2/2018 at 09:43, Jamesw said:

Great Defensive display from the lads , and well organised  xxx ,,

Agreed re - the subs 

Hopefully the injured lads return soon as well ,

9 hours ago, magoo said:

Incoming players may get the thread back rolling 

Down to the bear bones of a squad now- need some in quickly - can’t expect 20s boys to be playing 2 in 2 - I would imagine he will have a couple out tomorrow against HW - also think more than likely to be loan players given the time of season, financial situation and also lack of decent players available 

5 hours ago, 1985 said:

Down to the bear bones of a squad now- need some in quickly - can’t expect 20s boys to be playing 2 in 2 - I would imagine he will have a couple out tomorrow against HW - also think more than likely to be loan players given the time of season, financial situation and also lack of decent players available 

Well said but not fair playing the 20s Friday  and  Saturday  either or surely !

1 hour ago, jedirules said:

Well said but not fair playing the 20s Friday  and  Saturday  either or surely !

22 minutes ago, 1985 said:

That’s what I said , can’t be expected to play 2 in 2 ! ie 2 games in 2 dAys 

Well if I was a young laddie playing 20s fitba on the Friday and the 1st team wanted me on the Saturday especially at LL level I'd be jumping through hoops. 

I get what yous are saying but far too much pampering and  excuses nowadays :P

Edited by newcastle broon

20 hours ago, 1985 said:

Just trying to get a bit interest in the thread again :) nothing to talk about now- who Yano appointed in his back up team

20s coach appointed assistant along wi a gk coach Beveridge any idea who he is  ?

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Well if I was a young laddie playing 20s fitba on the Friday and the 1st team wanted me on the Saturday especially at LL level I'd be jumping through hoops. 

I get what yous are saying but far too much pampering and  excuses nowadays :P

Lads would and should want to play Newcy  but surely the 1st team comes 1st and they should be kept for the Saturday not run into the ground and not do themselves justice for the team by having to double up ! 

For the 20s league games move a couple of the older lads who wont be playimg down and a couple of 20s up ,,,,

good luck to the new Management

Looking at the back room appointments I still don't know who gk coach is but has to be decent appointment as the young lads had nobody at one point.

As for the u20s coach is it feasible to do BOTH jobs at same time  ?

Bit surprised that Yano hasn't brought in his own staff  ?

Very best o luck to them anyway.