Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

22 minutes ago, magoo said:

I think the next 5 years more or less every team  will find there proper level with maybe a few exceptions...the thing about Whitehill us we were always a small village team with a solid group of no more than 50 who were involved with the club for no more than the social aspect, what the issue always was that in the 80s and 90s the team were massively and I mean massively more sucsessful that it really should have been ( we used to turn up for cup finals wondering how many we would win by,that may sound big headed but it was the truth) where the bottom line is we may have the on field history etc but off the field we have never really had the infrastructure to go up the way in Scottish football, we have and probably always will be that one  man and his dog support type club....it done us well in years gone by,in these times I think it takes a lot more.....

Not very often I agree with you but I will give you this one good post 

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Fingers crossed yous can get a win under your belts and hopefully string a wee run together. Wouldnt like to see yous out the league. When league was formed at the start welfare were one of the teams i looked forward to seeing. Think its cause yous had a few decent cup runs in the scottish so name always stuck with me. Plus the banter with the welfare lads on here has always been good. Dont give up the ghost just yet.

If we can hang on to the teams above , we have a decent run in and if we can get our act together now , it will give us a fighting chance 

Will it be every week that the manager gets the blame or will maybe some people just say the players ain't got it...November now and not one week has anyone had the baws to say they are poor...there's only so much a manager can input to a side, I'm not in anyway saying we have the correct manager as I think we don't, but this place being overun with parents etc who won't say a bad word agsinst ant players is frankly embarrassing 

Edited by magoo

1 hour ago, magoo said:
1 hour ago, Yhd 75 said:

Better players have been forced out that can’t be good for any teams future.

1 hour ago, talbot69 said:

Mate I’ve said they are poor very poor I’m not going to hide the fact I see it every week near enough two stupid goals today and it was the only time the keeper was in action picking the ball out the net twice 

Mcgoo is right the players are not good enough ......... but the management are !!! Who is rresponsible for signing players? Ok you can maybe shift some of the blame to the previous manager but he’s had plenty time and has lost more players than he’s signed . There’s no style , no tactics , no shape , no set pieces practised defensively or going forward - something has got to change 

Edited by 1985

9 minutes ago, 1985 said:

I’m not saying there bad players all Im saying it’s poor like today when your bottom nothing goes your way there keeper pulled of two wonder saves plus the guy who scored the winner should have been sent off for use of the head two goal they got came from ww mistakes at this level that’s all you need 

34 minutes ago, 1985 said:

Oh look...2 lines in and it's the managers fault again....I stated  I'm not convinced by the manager but how after 3 games in van you say the manager has had plenty time...the squad that is signed pre season is the team...which is the previous managers choice is the team...don't talk rubbish and say when the season is a month old the manager can create his own team....I'm no lover off the current management but I'm not having the constant shite that it's there fault and no others...the young lads are producing nothing and is be very surprised if any play at a higher  level than they do now 

So who picks the team ? Whose responsible for the tactics ? Whose responsible for bringing players in? Why are players walking ? I’m led to believe another young player has walked ( not confirmed but missing today) your right about more than him to blame but the previous manager got more out of that bunch .  ffs you seem happy enough to let it go - for me the buck stops with the manager ., new manager-  new players  that’s what’s needed- can you tell me any positives about the management team? New players don’t just walk in the door you ve got to go and find them .

Edited by 1985

23 minutes ago, 1985 said:

So who picks the team ? Whose responsible for the tactics ? Whose responsible for bringing players in? Why are players walking ? I’m led to believe another young player has walked ( not confirmed but missing today) your right about more than him to blame but the previous manager got more out of that bunch .  ffs you seem happy enough to let it go - for me the buck stops with the manager ., new manager-  new players  that’s what’s needed- can you tell me any positives about the management team? New players don’t just walk in the door you ve got to go and find them .

Agree !!! Im telling you right now the old manager would not have this team in this situation and il stick by that 

2 minutes ago, Spency said:

Who’s this missing player 

7 minutes ago, Yhd 75 said:

Off to Tranent this missing player.

Not sure - the last player to leave signed for Tranent - Craig Reid - no sure about this one , only what I’ve heard but can’t confirm