Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

16 minutes ago, talbot69 said:

Totally get where your coming from seen it from my own eyes but my point is boys have got to work mate unless you have a boss that understands football 

Totally ! But I get the feeling there a few in the mindset of - he doesn’t train and plays every week so why should I and choose to work instead - there are genuine ones as well not the point I’m making is that it appears worse at WW  where they pull in the  20 s to make up the  numbers

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Now I Ken the real reason why yer laddie has nae started games this season when I thought he should've ;)

Whit kind of statement is that for your information he has missed training twice so before you strout pish get your facts in order 

5 minutes ago, talbot69 said:

Whit kind of statement is that for your information he has missed training twice so before you strout pish get your facts in order 

:lol:

I was giving him a compliment.

For yer info I had to pack in amateur fitba 26 years ago because I chose a career that involves shiftwork. Ye canny expect to miss training midweek and play on a Saturday it just pisses people off.  ;)

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

For yer info I had to pack in amateur fitba 26 years ago because I chose a career that involves shiftwork. Ye canny expect to miss training midweek and play on a Saturday it just pisses people off.  ;)

Sure it was a game and if you look at the squad sure he was trying a few new faces 

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

If it is allowed to happen players will take advantage , I wouldn’t imagine the teams at the other end of the league have any issues- which will be reflected in performances - I too stepped down the grades because of shift work . 

1 hour ago, 1985 said:

If it is allowed to happen players will take advantage , I wouldn’t imagine the teams at the other end of the league have any issues- which will be reflected in performances - I too stepped down the grades because of shift work . 

I’m not saying take advantage some times in life you have got to work do you think under a 10 a weeks playing football pays bills come on and I’m telling you it’s well under a £10

20 minutes ago, talbot69 said:

I’m not saying take advantage some times in life you have got to work do you think under a 10 a weeks playing football pays bills come on and I’m telling you it’s well under a £10

Not saying that at all - I’m saying if the club allow it to happen then people will work instead of train and rightly so but a lot of clubs won’t allow it on a regular basis as they want to be successful. They want full squads at training so they can work on shape, set pieces etc , you can’t do that when guys that are playing on a Saturday don’t train . Top clubs paying more wages as well so I get that 

43 minutes ago, jedirules said:

Good Luck to the Welfare tomorrow , odds against them but we need a result somehow 

Old saying about a ship sinking you always spot the rats !

for those still fighting for the Welfare well done to you all

The rats left before the the ship sailed , those leaving now are being told their not wanted or not good enough ! 

Edited by 1985

25 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Fair few new faces to the welfare thread over last few weeks. Busy wee place. Hope yous are all going along to support your team over the coming weeks. Team could be doing with that extra bit of support. Newky and magoo have been holding fort long enough.

All about opioions at the end of the day pal...myself and newky shoot from the hip with a love of ww nothing less nothing more I'm not really fussed if it's not to everyone's agreement we say it as we see it, I'm led to believe other poster's are friends family even commitee, they all have different angles of there arguments, which in my eye's is totally fine as it's there thoughts, one things for sure in 5 years time when were slogging it out with eyrmouth and ormiston we will still be here shooting our stuff,  others I'm not so sure...cheers

Fingers crossed yous can get a win under your belts and hopefully string a wee run together. Wouldnt like to see yous out the league. When league was formed at the start welfare were one of the teams i looked forward to seeing. Think its cause yous had a few decent cup runs in the scottish so name always stuck with me. Plus the banter with the welfare lads on here has always been good. Dont give up the ghost just yet.

17 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Fingers crossed yous can get a win under your belts and hopefully string a wee run together. Wouldnt like to see yous out the league. When league was formed at the start welfare were one of the teams i looked forward to seeing. Think its cause yous had a few decent cup runs in the scottish so name always stuck with me. Plus the banter with the welfare lads on here has always been good. Dont give up the ghost just yet.

I think the next 5 years more or less every team  will find there proper level with maybe a few exceptions...the thing about Whitehill us we were always a small village team with a solid group of no more than 50 who were involved with the club for no more than the social aspect, what the issue always was that in the 80s and 90s the team were massively and I mean massively more sucsessful that it really should have been ( we used to turn up for cup finals wondering how many we would win by,that may sound big headed but it was the truth) where the bottom line is we may have the on field history etc but off the field we have never really had the infrastructure to go up the way in Scottish football, we have and probably always will be that one  man and his dog support type club....it done us well in years gone by,in these times I think it takes a lot more.....