Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

26 minutes ago, jedirules said:

I think we only have 1 player who has experience of this level and could play higher sad but true ,

And who would that be- can only be JW- I think with the right experience around them - Ally Smith - Craig Reid- Kyle Mitchell and Kieran Somerville could easily play in lowland league - these boys are all 20 and under 

Edited by 1985

2 hours ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

So Somerville, Macintosh, Lucas were signed by Smally so do they count ? You also missed out Guy Kerr as well..

Weldon was on loan to us (Arniston) from Whitehill last year so was always a Whitehill player so was also signed by the previous manager.

So the current team have signed 2 ex Arnie players and tried to get another one who most observers whilst admitting your current goalkeeper is very good and has great potential, Disco would probably be pretty useful to have in your current predicament. 

I don’t really have an ax to grind either way and think Whitehill should of given Smally more time but if you are going to continue a path of criticising your current management team rightly or wrongly at least know your facts

Your right mate they should have given Smally more time -  deserve all they get imho.

Stuck in the dark ages

1 hour ago, 1985 said:

And who would that be- can only be JW- I think with the right experience around them - Ally Smith - Craig Reid- Kyle Mitchell and Kieran Somerville could easily play in lowland league - these boys are all 20 and under 

I thought Craig Reid had left  ? 

Also have to agree, on the 20s players however I’ve looked at the 20s squad they had last year and nearly all of them play at a decent level now (east of Scotland /lowland )Were none of them good enough for whitehill first team? I see Ciaran mckenzie and Ross Jardine are the only survivors from a team that played some quality football last year.

25 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

2 years ago today this is what we had. No saying who's fault it is but by fcuk there's a squad there that would be far from bottom of the LL. 

And there's a few on this thread trying to justify this season's team or even last season's team! 

IMG-20181112-WA0017.jpg

Decent team that 

4 minutes ago, naebor said:

Also have to agree, on the 20s players however I’ve looked at the 20s squad they had last year and nearly all of them play at a decent level now (east of Scotland /lowland )Were none of them good enough for whitehill first team? I see Ciaran mckenzie and Ross Jardine are the only survivors from a team that played some quality football last year.

Brad Barrat scoring goals for Tranent - hate to harp on about the management but their old school and not interested in younger guys because they not been brought up to play the game like they did in the eighties- sad but true -20s had some excellent players last season as they have this season but sadly can’t see them getting a chance - I doubt if they have even seen a 20s game 

20 minutes ago, 1985 said:

Brad Barrat scoring goals for Tranent - hate to harp on about the management but their old school and not interested in younger guys because they not been brought up to play the game like they did in the eighties- sad but true -20s had some excellent players last season as they have this season but sadly can’t see them getting a chance - I doubt if they have even seen a 20s game 

It's no all aboot the young lads though you need 4 or 5 wi experience especially at LL level.  

It keeps getting repeated on this thread but thats how  the likes of the strollers gala etc are managing it, a bit youth wi experience. 

Totally agree and been saying all along you need to get the balance right . It’s annoying tonlose young players who are good enough like Barrat and Reid to other clubs . Half a dozen clubs in for Reid I believe but no good enough for us . Barrat scored goals for 20 s every week 

30 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Announced now Dunbar Utd 7.30 closed doors so doesn't say where.

How did you know there was a friendly James  ?

Inside info  ??

Unless you count the club twitter feed as inside info, then I would say not. :)

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

2 years ago today this is what we had. No saying who's fault it is but by fcuk there's a squad there that would be far from bottom of the LL. 

And there's a few on this thread trying to justify this season's team or even last season's team! 

IMG-20181112-WA0017.jpg

It’s been done to death wether it’s current manager, previous manager, players, current committee to blame who all may have a part to play in one way or another.

On the other hand you have posters on about the really good committe men that left, isn’t it these same committe men that let the biscuit tin go dry and left other guys to pick up the pieces to keep the club going. It’s easy to associate yourself with a club when everything is in a healthy state, far more difficult to fight to get it back there and go out and bring in the money to do it.

Either way the current committe have to do what they see best rightly or wrongly.