Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

As much as I try to defend ww one thing I will say is in recent months the updates from the power brokers and management is very poor, we seem to get decent updates on logistical things but nothing really regards the team etc, I think that adds fuel to the ramblings on here with all people's thoughts on transfers and likes.....

8 minutes ago, magoo said:

As much as I try to defend ww one thing I will say is in recent months the updates from the power brokers and management is very poor, we seem to get decent updates on logistical things but nothing really regards the team etc, I think that adds fuel to the ramblings on here with all people's thoughts on transfers and likes.....

Agree with that,  leads to guesswork and rumours- but if there’s nothing positive to report ( which there isn’t) all you’ll get is race nights and lottery’s , nothing to do with what’s really going on, might be a player or 2 coming in now- I wonder what game the management took in yesterday- don’t think Arnie had a game :)

11 hours ago, 1985 said:

Agree with that,  leads to guesswork and rumours- but if there’s nothing positive to report ( which there isn’t) all you’ll get is race nights and lottery’s , nothing to do with what’s really going on, might be a player or 2 coming in now- I wonder what game the management took in yesterday- don’t think Arnie had a game :)

watched nitten as no friendly mentioned an I saw landells when leaving after 90. did they train?

20 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

watched nitten as no friendly mentioned an I saw landells when leaving after 90. did they train?

Nope well deserved day off- he was probably watching strollers as we play them soon . Any rumours of players coming in ?

If no change happens whitehill will get relegetaed to potentially a strong east of Scotland league 1st division full of teams which have been beating lowland league teams so unless a big change happens potentially a double relegation to the 2nd tier east of Scotland down the line, don’t see them competing with Bonnyrigg or newtongrange and camelon Broxburn etc next year if they go down. Hope it turns round

1 hour ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

Out of interest how many ex Arniston players has the current management team signed ? 

Woods, faulds, Somerville , Macintosh - left back (can’t remember his name - only played once) Weldon(been and gone) - so 6 and a failed attempt at their goalie- Lucas played for him at Arniston as well but won’t count him :) plus the physio  and  ass manager J Rae 

7 minutes ago, 1985 said:

Woods, faulds, Somerville , Macintosh - left back (can’t remember his name - only played once) Weldon(been and gone) - so 6 and a failed attempt at their goalie- Lucas played for him at Arniston as well but won’t count him :) plus the physio  and  ass manager J Rae 

So Somerville, Macintosh, Lucas were signed by Smally so do they count ? You also missed out Guy Kerr as well..

Weldon was on loan to us (Arniston) from Whitehill last year so was always a Whitehill player so was also signed by the previous manager.

So the current team have signed 2 ex Arnie players and tried to get another one who most observers whilst admitting your current goalkeeper is very good and has great potential, Disco would probably be pretty useful to have in your current predicament. 

I don’t really have an ax to grind either way and think Whitehill should of given Smally more time but if you are going to continue a path of criticising your current management team rightly or wrongly at least know your facts

You might be right about whether they have improved team but I think what I was trying to get across... probably badly is that the fact there is so many ex Arniston players in the Whitehill team has as much to do with where Whitehill are as a team, location and budget as with the management team. 

Gone are the days of Whitehill being able to attract Bonnyrigg, Penicuik or even Musselburgh players at their peak. 

No matter who is doing the job nowadays it will be a difficult one as they are now playing in a very competitive league with I assume a budget which is comparable to teams like Arniston.

1 hour ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

So Somerville, Macintosh, Lucas were signed by Smally so do they count ? You also missed out Guy Kerr as well..

Weldon was on loan to us (Arniston) from Whitehill last year so was always a Whitehill player so was also signed by the previous manager.

So the current team have signed 2 ex Arnie players and tried to get another one who most observers whilst admitting your current goalkeeper is very good and has great potential, Disco would probably be pretty useful to have in your current predicament. 

I don’t really have an ax to grind either way and think Whitehill should of given Smally more time but if you are going to continue a path of criticising your current management team rightly or wrongly at least know your facts

Don’t think Macintosh was signed by small , maybe not sure Guy Kerr was with WW at end of the season so Smally signing - I don’t give a toss where he’s signing them from 3 wins is not good enough !! 5 goals in 13 games :( . Think it deserves criticism regardless of where their signed from - you missed out the left back that’s played once and Nicki faulds