Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

A very dominant and comfortable 1-0 win for Spartans today. Positives only 1 goal lost in 2 games. Negatives hope wee Jack Wright's injury isn't a bad one and could've done wi a shot that tested their keeper. Onwards we fight on ,all is not lost yet. Mon the welfarrrre!! 

29 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

Cant score if you dont shoot. did we have a shot?

not a game we should worry about losing. expected a heavy loss so is 1-0 a success?

Think one went over bar 2nd half no sure what youre looking for James.

Spartans (well done them) raised 215k for charity the other night. Massive gulf between us and who once were our bitter rivals!

We'll be lucky to raise a £50 lotto prize jackpot this weekend.Hope you bought one by the way!

No one can ever be happy wi a defeat but we're only 2 behind Gretna still and we've played EK Spartans Shire and Kelty now!

The Gretna home defeat might well haunt us?

Edited by newcastle broon

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Spartans (well done them) raised 215k for charity the other night. Massive gulf between us and who once were our bitter rivals!

We'll be lucky to raise a £50 lotto prize jackpot this weekend.Hope you bought one by the way!

No one can ever be happy wi a defeat but we're only 2 behind Gretna still and we've played EK Spartans Shire and Kelty now!

Went over to the game today as you say only Whitehill shot was the one over the bar early in the 2nd half. Big gulf between the sides Spartans should have really won by a lot more.

Spartans really do well with the charity fundraising also noticed a sign in the cafe bar saying that all the profit from the sales of food at the games goes into the fund for their breakfast club a lot of clubs say they are community clubs but Spartans are the real deal on that score.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Went over to the game today as you say only Whitehill shot was the one over the bar early in the 2nd half. Big gulf between the sides Spartans should have really won by a lot more.

I did say that earlier though last 5 mins we could've rattled them wi an undeserved equaliser.  Did you count 232 by the way? I'm sure that was Morrison's as well :lol:

Just now, newcastle broon said:

I did say that earlier though last 5 mins we could've rattled them wi an undeserved equaliser.  Did you count 232 by the way? I'm sure that was Morrison's as well :lol:

I didn't do a headcount but I was surprised when I seen the 232 figure on twitter my guess was around 150-160:lol: thinking about it there was probably a bit more than that stand was reasonably busy and there was a few on the opposite side,

It would have been a kick in the baws if you had snatched an equaiiser:lol: 

On 9/8/2018 at 20:16, newcastle broon said:

There is a massive gulf in all areas between these 2 teams now and growing every Season 

The loss was to be expected by all and 1-0 was to WW credit especially away at Spartans 

The loss of Wright and Keane  could be a bigger worry for Welfare than a 1-0 loss 

Next couple of games is cup games before the real business begins again

Any chance of a shot at goal? My stats seem to think thats 1 shot in 2 games.2 poor teams today but it's Gretna who go in to next round,shame didnt see a few old Gretna faces today.Best of luck to them ,really hope the students are off their game next week in what is one of the seasons highlights  ?? Mon the welfarrrre!!

6 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

No conceding as many goals but no scoring any. give me 14th place now and am happy. still no word on a new manager?

Its a hard watch for sure, the lads are trying their bollocks off though.  Id give Mark Smith a shot a centre forward,would hold ball up well for the young lad Mitchell and Meikle to run on to.Haven't heard of new manager James.Havent seen job advertised anywhere either though .Biggest game of season next week.  Nae pressure likes :thumsup2

56 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

not any better than small in my opinion. was told yano was interested but maybe he’s watched us and declined. must win tomorrow 

I suppose if it wasn't advertised we'll never know.

Who's yano  ? 

Best of luck to the new management team.

You there tomorrow al be staying behind for a few beers didn't realise there's a late bus from Edinburgh back to Newcastle. 

Mon the Welfare!!!!

Superb result yesterday clean sheet  and a 30 yard goal of the season contender. 2 evenly matched teams one goal was always gonnae settle it. Keep the clean sheets coming and we'll soon climb the table albeit yesterday a cup match.  Mon the welfarrre!!