Domestic violence

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

No one ever seems to acknowledge that part of the housing crisis could be down to the fact that many parents are too stressed to hold a family together.

Or that some women and many men are b*****ds. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got similar through the wall from us, and always phone the police when it kicks off. It has definitely put a dampner on his behaviour and seems to have emboldened her a little - there's been nothing serious in 6 months now. The guy knows that if he does whatever he's done before to get her screaming "Don't hit me ****," the nosy neighbours will be on the phone and the police will be round asking questions.

We're due to give evidence against him next month for assaulting her - the PF is prosecuting even though she won't give evidence against him, a sign of how serious the authorities can be now about domestic violence. All depends on which police officers you get.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

We've got similar through the wall from us, and always phone the police when it kicks off. It has definitely put a dampner on his behaviour and seems to have emboldened her a little - there's been nothing serious in 6 months now. The guy knows that if he does whatever he's done before to get her screaming "Don't hit me ****," the nosy neighbours will be on the phone and the police will be round asking questions.

We're due to give evidence against him next month for assaulting her - the PF is prosecuting even though she won't give evidence against him, a sign of how serious the authorities can be now about domestic violence. All depends on which police officers you get.

That's a good outcome. Well done. Not the sort to threaten you then, just take it out on his wifey?

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

That's a good outcome. Well done. Not the sort to threaten you then, just take it out on his wifey?

Not just me, my wife would break the skinny p***k in half and he knows it.

When we lived in Leith there was a family in the flat up the stair from us who my wife phoned the police on a few times. The cops took him away at least twice, he was an absolute arsehole of a man. Used to come home steaming drunk and out blaring music on before screaming and shouting at his wife and daughter, occasionally followed up with smashing and banging. A belligerent, arrogant disease of a person.

Also, when we lived in Rossie Place at the top of Easter Road or first night in the flat we phoned the police on our next door neighbours. They had a huge argument that suddenly went quiet before we heard choking sounds - we phoned the police and they were there in about 30 seconds and took both occupants away, we never saw either again.

Phone the polis, keep a log of every time you hear him being a c**t. Could come in handy if the PF decide to prosecute.
Alternatively, would you beat him in a fight?

As a few have said above phone the police, even if they do not have enough evidence to submit any reports to the Procurator Fiscal at the time they do create other reports that go to Social Work and other partner agencies, this in turn hopefully builds up a case if cops or other agencies have to attend a house that has regular call outs for suspected domestic abuse.

Not quite sure what to do. Woman next door is clearly suffering domestic violence. She periodically breaks into hysterical shouting full of venom and hatred and on the edge of not coping. Sometimes he's in the house and sometimes he's on the phone. She's just shouted "you have no right to move my car, you have no right to punch me". A bit of a strange equivalence. There's kids in there as well. We hear them over the garden wall making happy families with their mummy then approximately once per week the evening descends and it turns into this. From time to time when we hear her screaming or the kids screaming we call the polis - they seem completely ineffectual though. I will admit sometimes when it's just the shouting and there's no kids around, I go out to the back garden and have a wee shout of "shut the f**k up" myself or bang on the wall. I feel bad for her and most of all I feel bad for the kids. She passes it on to them, screaming at them and they are only young, and they will pass it onto their own kids. They are being raised to believe parents are manic and abusive, and that a 'family home' is a place always teetering on the edge between manic happiness and screaming hell - with violent interludes. Not sure what more we can do though. Even if I was the type to wade in, it means climbing over an 8 ft wall, and I have never actually heard the violence in the act.

Any P&Bers ever lived next door to the type of family that makes you depressed for humanity?

Any P&Bers ever moved their other half's car?

Any P&B's ever... y'know what, never mind.

Be careful how you proceed.

She could suffer from borderline personality disorder, it's a spectrum thing. Manic episodes, shouting, threats and repeated false accusations are commonplace.

Do you have definite proof he is violent towards her?

It could easily be she is exacting emotional and mental abuse on him, as a means of insidious control

By all means if you have definitive proof then report it.

Having dealt with a similar situation in the past, makes you look at things from a different angle.

Regardless of where fault lies, I do feel sorry for the bairns.

I have BPD. It’s not a spectrum thing!! There are clear diagnostic criteria. It can include manipulation. 

It would also not serve as a defence if he’s beating shit out of her. 

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

She could suffer from borderline personality disorder, it's a spectrum thing. Manic episodes, shouting, threats and repeated false accusations are commonplace.

It could easily be she is exacting emotional and mental abuse on him, as a means of insidious control

Having dealt with a similar situation in the past, makes you look at things from a different angle.

Wow. What a c**t you are. 

10 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Not for you to decide, mate. If someone's abusing someone else, there may be mitigating factors, but it's not your call. That's the whole point of the legal system. Call the police, let them and the fiscal's office deal with it.

11 hours ago, Father Ted said:

What exactly are you suggesting the course of action should be here?

Archived