Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Wind your neck in. It was clearly a joke.
I don't think he's a Nazi.

But SD and his buddies don't give a flying f**k about the antisemitism present in the Labour party.
He has absolutely no concern or desire to try and fix it. Business as usual from Corbyn and Co.

That's not great. 

Can you point me to all these examples of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party; I’ve been struggling to find these.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Please share this; I’m sure it would be of great benefit for this thread.

Mr Soros and the Rothschild family have told me not to say, their evil plans are not quite afoot. Soz.

Just now, welshbairn said:

^^^jew hater and holocaust denier. 

Try to turn it into a joke if you want, but I’ve seen you criticise the MSM on here for repeating unsubstantiated statements; you’re doing exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Try to turn it into a joke if you want, but I’ve seen you criticise the MSM on here for repeating unsubstantiated statements; you’re doing exactly the same.

The Labour Friends of Israel Society no doubt do great help for orphans and and the like but their paid job is to carry out the instructions  of the Israeli Government. Their other job is to pretend to be offended all the time. Cheque please Mr McDonnell?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Can you point me to all these examples of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party; I’ve been struggling to find these.

As is probably Margaret Hodge, but right on cue here she pops up again on the BBC News delivering yet more broad-brush condemnation, devoid of any hard facts to substantiate it.

Williamson is a Jew baiter. He’s an absolute scumbag and this is long overdue. Only yesterday he booked a room in parliament to show a film from the anti-Semite Jackie Walker.

And you don’t need to look far to find anti-semitism in the Labour Party. It’s all over social media. A quick look at the replies to Labour politicians calling it out or in comments to articles on LabourList. Only this morning I saw someone immediately start talking about the actions of Israel when someone complained about anti-Semitic abuse of a Jew. A Corbyn supporter was on LBC this afternoon and was quickly found to be anti-Semitic by Shelagh Forgarty.

3 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Williamson is a Jew baiter. He’s an absolute scumbag and this is long overdue. Only yesterday he booked a room in parliament to show a film from the anti-Semite Jackie Walker.

And you don’t need to look far to find anti-semitism in the Labour Party. It’s all over social media. A quick look at the replies to Labour politicians calling it out or in comments to articles on LabourList. Only this morning I saw someone immediately start talking about the actions of Israel when someone complained about anti-Semitic abuse of a Jew. A Corbyn supporter was on LBC this afternoon and was quickly found to be anti-Semitic by Shelagh Forgarty.

We are talking about anti-Semitism by Labour Party members.  Can you point to examples of these?

Its easy for people who claim to be Labour Party members and/or Corbyn supporters to go on social media, which is often pretty anonymous, and make anti-Semitic remarks.

Time and again people,  including yourself, claim it’s ‘wide spread’ and ‘rife’ yet when asked to give specific examples of Labour Party members making anti-Semitic comments seem unable to point to examples.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We are talking about anti-Semitism by Labour Party members.  Can you point to examples of these?

Its easy for people who claim to be Labour Party members and/or Corbyn supporters to go on social media, which is often pretty anonymous, and make anti-Semitic remarks.

Time and again people,  including yourself, claim it’s ‘wide spread’ and ‘rife’ yet when asked to give specific examples of Labour Party members making anti-Semitic comments seem unable to point to examples.

Ask Jon Lansman

He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the party was not institutionally antisemitic, and instead attributed the problem to “conspiracy theorists” and P&B members who had joined the party since 2015.

“The party trebled in size,” said Lansman, who is Jewish. “Amongst those are members attracted towards conspiracy theories.” He added: “The Tory party is a smaller party and an elderly party and the role of social media in fomenting and spreading some of the poison is therefore more of a problem in the Labour party.”

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Ask Jon Lansman

I read the Jon Lansman piece when it was first reported.  I was disappointed to see that he gave no specific examples.  Maybe when people making these claims are able to point to specific examples I will be willing to accept that it’s as big a problem as is being claimed.

I am astounded that if it really is such a huge problem then people are unable to point multiple specific examples.

You are one of many posters on here who have repeated the accusation without offering any examples to back it up.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I read the Jon Lansman piece when it was first reported.  I was disappointed to see that he gave no specific examples.  Maybe when people making these claims are able to point to specific examples I will be willing to accept that it’s as big a problem as is being claimed.

I am astounded that if it really is such a huge problem then people are unable to point multiple specific examples.

You are one of many posters on here who have repeated the accusation without offering any examples to back it up.

It looks like it's the kind of thing that goes on at rallies and meetings, from the rank and file nobodies. Look at how many were applauding Williamson saying Labour should stop apologising for it. 

Chakrabarti said there was an "occasional toxic atmosphere" within the party - maybe it's got worse. 

I don't go to Labour meetings so I'm unlikely to witness it - Lansman does and he says it's widespread. 

I don’t have my own personal list of Labour Party members to be able to sift it. The stream of bigoted bile coming from people claiming to support Jeremy Corbyn, Labour, and hashtagging JC4PM does suggest something though.

My evidence is what I see and read from the members I know in my constituency who I see being anti-semitic, presenting motions defending people banned from the party, talking about the ‘Israel lobby’, weird conspiracy theories etc.

2 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

I don’t have my own personal list of Labour Party members to be able to sift it. The stream of bigoted bile coming from people claiming to support Jeremy Corbyn, Labour, and hashtagging JC4PM does suggest something though.

My evidence is what I see and read from the members I know in my constituency who I see being anti-semitic, presenting motions defending people banned from the party, talking about the ‘Israel lobby’, weird conspiracy theories etc.

I assume you have reported these people in your constituency.  Why don’t you name-and-shame them on here?  Anti-Semitism is as disgusting as any other form of racism and I reckon they deserve to be publicly named.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Anti-semitism is absolutely rife within left wing politics in the UK for no apparent reasons, look at Celtic fans with the "free Palestine" crap

So people who want a Palestinian state are anti-Semitic?  That would surely include the hundreds of thousands of Israeli Jews who support a two-state solution?

I’m also fascinated to learn that ‘left wing politics’ and Celtic fans are interchangeable terms.

Maybe have a wee think before posting on this thread again.