Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

30 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I can never fully break with Corbyn because it’s amazing how much he’s broken people’s brains. Just a permanent head’s gone from people who profess to be the sensible adults in the room.

My favourite moment was when he was under severe pressure to reach out to the British Jewish community, like the Board of Deputies or some such, and instead chose to visit a North London Jewish Anarchist anti-Zionist group for their weekly meeting, above a pub I think.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Pro right wing Israel lobby spend a lot of time blurring Israeli versus Jewish, because they know fine well that as soon as someone sloppily criticises policy of Israel by calling it Jewish, they can be immediately be discredited as antisemitic.

It's essential for your criticism to be laser focused on egregious acts resulting from Israeli policy.

Problem is that genuine anti semites now use Zionist as code for Jew instead of for criticising Israeli land grabs. A big success for the Israeli propaganda boys. 

That was immense. The centrists all doing backflips to not out and say 'Not those Jews!'

All the people definitely concerned with combatting anti-Semitism taking the time to argue that these Jews aren’t representative of “real Jews”. Just great stuff.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I have a strong memory of Mark Lawson writing about Nicholas Soames shouting about "his sort" over a busy restaurant but have never been able to track down the article.

He might just have being meaning "c***s". I had a girlfriend working as a producer for Radio 4 a while back who said Lawson was well creepy and would make sure she wasn't left in the same room or alone with in a pub. 90% sure it was him but I might be mixing him up with someone else, it was a while ago.

Up until maybe 2 or 3 years ago, I can't actually recall the words Jew or Zion EVER being mentioned in our media and certainly not in our politics apart from in reference to the holocaust, as I've said before I expect politicians to be representing and fighting for their constituents and their party and not to be pursuing "other" agendas, irrespective of what they are.

Why has this happened and who's pushing this agenda are the questions which should be asked ?

I'm also a great believer that in a world where equality is constantly being pushed that there is no place for splinter groups within any organisation, Union or indeed political parties. The fact that you're a member should be enough without identifying yourself as Female, Gay, Disabled, Jewish, Muslim, or whatever.

It's certainly strange times in which we are living............

18 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Tumescent at the thought of this new centrist party, lead by *checks notes* JK Rowling and Rachel Riley offering a *checks notes again* 'more nuanced approach to politics and life'.

Where will Gary Linekar be in the set-up?

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My favourite moment was when he was under severe pressure to reach out to the British Jewish community, like the Board of Deputies or some such, and instead chose to visit a North London Jewish Anarchist anti-Zionist group for their weekly meeting, above a pub I think.

Yeah and that was Plan 'B'.  Plan 'A' was to go to the local bakery and buy half a dozen bagels - but they were shut.

He might just have being meaning "c***s". I had a girlfriend working as a producer for Radio 4 a while back who said Lawson was well creepy and would make sure she wasn't left in the same room or alone with in a pub. 90% sure it was him but I might be mixing him up with someone else, it was a while ago.
Well he was working for the BBC.............

On 2/12/2019 at 08:38, Granny Danger said:

Strange how the ‘Corbyn is an anti-Semite’ claims always surface when there is any chance of an election in the offing.

It’s almost as if pro-Zionist Labour MPs don’t want him as Prime Minister.

It's worth remembering that right wing Labour MPs also don't want Corbyn as PM because they want to keep on arming Saudi Arabia, they want the RAF to help bomb Yemen, they want to keep corporation tax at historically low levels, they want to continue the back door privatisation of the English NHS and school system, they want publicly funded private monopolies to continue ripping consumers off and they do not want a wealth tax on the super rich.

They can't mention any of that though so they just bang on about anti semitism.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's worth remembering that right wing Labour MPs also don't want Corbyn as PM because they want to keep on arming Saudi Arabia, they want the RAF to help bomb Yemen, they want to keep corporation tax at historically low levels, they want to continue the back door privatisation of the English NHS and school system, they want publicly funded private monopolies to continue ripping consumers off and they do not want a wealth tax on the super rich.

They can't mention any of that though so they just bang on about anti semitism.

I honestly don't know why they don't chuck them all out the party. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be many tears spilled from the core Labour vote and while some may believe Corbyn to be too far left, there's little doubt that the Blairites within the party are further right than many Tories and they're doing more damage to their own party with their plotting and constant unfounded public accusations than anyone in the Blue corner could ever hope to do.

Any mention of deselection provokes a media frenzy that is more trouble than it is worth. However on the other side of the house Tory whips can tell MPs that if they vote against the government in a confidence vote they won't be Conservative candidates at the next election ie they would be voting to end their own careers, strangely this creates no media fuss.

A lot of time money and effort has been expended on placing corporate shills into the PLP and the corporate media won't let that be thrown away without a major fight.

The NEC and Momentum look like they shat it on deselection reforms as well which is a shame. If Corbyn and the people around him were as dictatorial as Old Man Danger keeps insisting they are then the party would be in a better position than they are going forward.