Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

Margaret Hodge is despearate for Corbyn not to become MP.  A Labour MP who would far rather have a Tory in no 10.  Hopefully this is her last term in Parliament, though if she’s not selected I’m convinced she will stand in order to split the Labour vote.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Margaret Hodge is despearate for Corbyn not to become MP.  A Labour MP who would far rather have a Tory in no 10.  Hopefully this is her last term in Parliament, though if she’s not selected I’m convinced she will stand in order to split the Labour vote.

Hopefully voters in London are too smart for that.

The tweet about "get a kicking" is dumb but it's entirely in keeping with the metaphors used by MPs and the media. There are also some accounts posting anti Semitic which are definitely sock puppets.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Hopefully voters in London are too smart for that.

The tweet about "get a kicking" is dumb but it's entirely in keeping with the metaphors used by MPs and the media. There are also some accounts posting anti Semitic which are definitely sock puppets.

Not usually favouring conspiracy angles, but the Israelis have a serious and proven rep for this.

It will be interesting to see how the police prioritise these spurious anti-semitic claims. Will they have available manpower? Will they treat them with more or less seriousness than burglaries, for instance?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

It will be interesting to see how the police prioritise these spurious anti-semitic claims. Will they treat them with more or less seriousness than burglaries for instance?

The Lancashire Police don't fuckabout anymore, I'd jump on the next plane back to Spain sharpish.

No time for Corbyn, but the journalists who doorstep him every morning as soon as he leaves the house, (repeating the same anti-semitic accusations), are just c*nts. Give the guy some respectful privacy at his home ffs!!

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Too late, he's already an MP.

• 4 weeks later...

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/29/cnn-submits-to-right-wing-outrage-mob-fires-marc-lamont-due-to-his-offensive-defense-of-palestinians-at-the-un/

A brilliant Glenn Greenwald article about CNN firing a pro Palestine contributor which looks at wider issues of censorship regarding Palestine and Israel.

The legal and institutional blocks on supporting Palestinian rights in France and the USA should make us more determined to continue to support them in the UK.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/foreign-office-funds-2m-infowars-13707574

The Sunday Mail have reported on a Fife based UK government disinformation unit based in Fife which has been smearing Labour as well as constantly pushing anti Russia propaganda.

The “think tank” is supposed to counter Russian online propaganda by forming “clusters” of friendly journalists and “key influencers” throughout Europe who use social media to hit back against disinformation.

Carole Cadawalldr appears to be linked to this and has had a bit of a twitter meltdown.

Edited by Detournement

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/foreign-office-funds-2m-infowars-13707574
The Sunday Mail have reported on a Fife based UK government disinformation unit based in Fife which has been smearing Labour as well as constantly pushing anti Russia propaganda.
The “think tank” is supposed to counter Russian online propaganda by forming “clusters” of friendly journalists and “key influencers” throughout Europe who use social media to hit back against disinformation.
Carole Cadawalldr appears to be linked to this and has had a bit of a twitter meltdown.
Well, let's be honest, is anyone really surprised at this ? The only card the British Establishment has left is the patriot/military one and it will be deployed at every opportunity.

All is not lost however; a work colleague of mine recently left to join Raytheon in Fife. I went out of my way to ask how he could square his conscience - answer there came none, but no matter, his facial expression told me everything I needed to know.

We need to actively call out everyone who conspires to place coin above conscience, and yes, I have a career record of four redundancies so I consider myself to inhabit the real world.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/16/why-are-labour-party-leaders-so-quiet-on-europe---maybe-it-is-the-lure-of-disaster

Nick Cohen is continuing his journalistic dirty protest.  He now seems to be focusing on McDonnell, Milne and Murray because people actual like Corbyn. This week's meltdown involves the usual Stalinst-Islamist alliance claim and comparing Corbyn's position on Brexit to Lenin's on WW1. But he completely misrepresents Lenin's defeatist stance and outright lies that Lenin was in favour of WW1.

The Observer is an absolute shambles. It just seems to make up stories it hopes will come true and is run by people who were irrelevant a decade ago never mind now.