Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:
New government planned I see, unusual mix but anything new is worth a try as nothing has worked so far

Anything has to be better than Netanyahu.

At least Israel is a democracy.

Try pushing gay rights in Palestine and see what happens?

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Hope he gets put on laundry duty in prison

Poetic Justice, indeed.

It would be lovely to think that we're seeing the first moves towards a new reality show - Welcome to the Greybar Hilton, with Bibi, then Trump, then Johnson and any of his Cabinet, then Lukashenko, then Bolsanaro...

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

At least Israel is a democracy.

Try pushing gay rights in Palestine and see what happens?

..in which over 20% of the populationare not allowed to participate. This does not include the 1.7 million residents of Gaza, who are not enfranchised. 

I shouldn't really engage, but I have to ask - is it hard work, becoming this stupid? Becuse nobody's born that daft, surely.

I could try and push gay rights in Palestine but there's an intermittent chance the place I'm campaigning in will be levelled by US-sold weaponry or I'll be shot at even if I'm marked as a journo or whatever.

4 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

New government planned I see, unusual mix but anything new is worth a try as nothing has worked so far

A coalition encompassing the far right to lefty liberals, with a majority of 1, apparently.

Can't see that being a great success, tbh.

29 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Poetic Justice, indeed.

It would be lovely to think that we're seeing the first moves towards a new reality show - Welcome to the Greybar Hilton, with Bibi, then Trump, then Johnson and any of his Cabinet, then Lukashenko, then Bolsanaro...

I'd imagine Nicola has a place on the show? 

48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

A coalition encompassing the far right to lefty liberals, with a majority of 1, apparently.

They have the shared goal of having Netanyahu wind up in jail, which is probably no bad thing in the short term. A major cause of the recent aggro was provocative actions on his part aimed at making that sort of cooperation politically impossible. The numbers only work on this because an Arab political faction called Ra'am has emerged that are willing to participate pragmatically in future Israeli coalition governments of whatever ideological orientation as long as their core electorate benefit out of it materially in some way. They only just made it past the 3.25% threshold needed to enter the Israeli parliament and when they did it was very bad news for Netanyahu.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I dont know maybe them doing politics , talking to each other and compromising might be a good start

25 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I dont know maybe them doing politics , talking to each other and compromising might be a good start

Gosh, I never thought of that, thank goodness you're here to educate me...

A coalition as diverse as that with a majority of 1 won't last, is what I meant. Obviously I should have spelt it out clearer.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

A coalition as diverse as that with a majority of 1 won't last, is what I meant. Obviously I should have spelt it out clearer.

Once they kick out Netanyahu the new leader of Likud will be able to do a deal with the other right wing parties and the anti Occupation and Arab parties will be irrelevant again.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Apology didnt mean that to come a ross the way it did, reading it back its not how i meant it to sound 🙂

23 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Apology didnt mean that to come a ross the way it did, reading it back its not how i meant it to sound 🙂

I'm in a snippy mood today, 'cos it's too warm! :lol: