Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

Imagining the reaction if a Labour shadow minister had gone on BBC radio and said that if people wanted to invite holocaust deniers to universities to speak about how the holocaust never happened, then that was fine.

I wonder if like the above, it would barely make the news and be almost instantly forgotten about, or if it would be the main story in Britain for at least a week, with calls for at least half a dozen people to resign.

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

When one side is basically launching rockets from milk bottles, and the other is able to retaliate by wiping out an entire block of flats with one push of a button, is it not time to examine the use of the word "war"?

The only answer to the criticism of Palestinian's using "indiscriminate" rockets (fireworks from milk bottles isn't far off) is to give them a full modern military. Otherwise the criticism is simply that they are not allowed to defend themselves 

8 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The only answer to the criticism of Palestinian's using "indiscriminate" rockets (fireworks from milk bottles isn't far off) is to give them a full modern military. Otherwise the criticism is simply that they are not allowed to defend themselves 

Was it Israel that fired first on Gaza or vice versa? I haven't been following. I see Arab civilians in Israel are being attacked and that is obviously completely out of order. How are things going with the Jewish community in neighbouring Arab countries? Is it still possible to walk around openly with a yarmulke on in Cairo, Gaza, Amman, Damascus or Baghdad?

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was it Israel that fired first on Gaza or vice versa? I haven't been following. I see Arab civilians in Israel are being attacked and that is obviously completely out of order. How are things going with the Jewish community in neighbouring Arab countries? Is it still possible to walk around openly with a yarmulke on in Cairo, Gaza, Amman, Damascus or Baghdad?

I am incredibly interested in finding out where the destination in this journey is

39 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
2 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

The English version of wings v kezia. A debatable interpretation of winning big and nobody will come out of this looking good.

Don’t like Dugdale but she’s a far better person that the Zionist shill.

Edited by Granny Danger

Think there's also a Fatah vs Hamas electoral angle as well if you dig a little deeper but that disrupts the simplistic bad powerful guys vs good guys that will behave like Guardian readers if only the power imbalance could be shifted mindset that many appear to have.

The "Republic of Artsakh" collapsed earlier this year when Turkish military drone technology removed their strategic edge of holding the high ground because the Armenian side lacked strategic depth to be able to fall back to and regroup in.

Israel is in a very precarious position strategically if Hamas finds a way to effectively circumvent the Iron Dome defence system and it looks like they are not too far off achieving that.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Me, an idiot: Destroying homes and killing civilian children won't improve a people's disposition to the people dropping the bombs.

You, a sage: If we just drop enough bombs on these people and deny enough freedoms and assault their dignity in enough ways they will surely rise up and overthrow their leadership to something that suits us better.

The two state solution is dead. The Israelis won't countenance one state. 

The real development recently has been the increasing fantacism of Israeli civilians. It's almost 30 years since Oslo and it's undeniable that Yigal Amir achieved everything he wanted. Reading Haaretz it seems like the more responsible members of the Apartheid regime are more concerned about Zionist fanaticism than Palestinian attacks but there is nothing that can put a brake on it. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think there's also a Fatah vs Hamas electoral angle as well if you dig a little deeper but that disrupts the simplistic bad powerful guys vs good guys that will behave like Guardian readers if only the power imbalance could be shifted mindset that many appear to have.

The "Republic of Artsakh" collapsed earlier this year when Turkish military drone technology removed their strategic edge of holding the high ground because the Armenian side lacked strategic depth to be able to fall back to and regroup in.

Israel is in a very precarious position strategically if Hamas finds a way to effectively circumvent the Iron Dome defence system and it looks like they are not too far off achieving that.

Maybe i'm being dim, but what's nagorno karabakh got to do with Israel? 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Yeah I dunno man I just think Israel should stop bombing their prisoners ever closer to the Stone Age while their citizens do Kristallnacht pt 2.

Do Hamas respect LGBT rights and use the appropriate pronouns these days I haven't been following? I never received an answer on whether you can wear a yarmulke openly in Gaza City. Do the virtue signallers have something they are being willfully blind to in all of this?

Maybe both sides need to stop firing projectiles at each other and vote in their peace and two state solution supporting political parties rather than their extremists and there are no easy wave a magic wand and everyone will turn into quiche eating Guardian readers solutions on all of this.

Israel is unlikely to be sustainable militarily long term so the current trajectory of Hamas and a Likud backed by Revelations believing American Evangelicals setting the agenda is leading to something catastrophic but go on feeling better about yourself by only being able to find fault with half of that equation.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Do Hamas respect LGBT rights and use the appropriate pronouns these days I haven't been following? I never received an answer on whether you can wear a yarmulke openly in Gaza City. Do the virtue signallers have something they are being willfully blind to in all of this?

Maybe both sides need to stop firing projectiles at each other and vote in their peace and two state solution supporting political parties rather than their extremists and there are no easy wave a magic wand and everyone will turn into quiche eating Guardian readers solutions on all of this.

Israel is unlikely to be sustainable militarily long term so the current trajectory of Hamas and a Likud backed by Revelations believing American Evangelicals setting the agenda is leading to something catastrophic but go on feeling better about yourself by only being able to find fault with half of that equation.

The wages of inappropriate pronouns is death