Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

And? It's numbers on a screen.

Public sector debt is private sector wealth. The argument that we can't have decent schools, hospitals, housing and other services because corporations and the financial elite have stashed billions offshore is incredibly stupid.

The reality is that the government can pay any GBP debt as they are the sole issuer of the currency. Bond yields reflect this reality. 2y - 0.7%,  5y - 1.0%, 10y 1.27%.

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

That's it.  Corbyn is unable to set the agenda and define the narrative.

If he talks about anything else - he is dragged back to the issue of anti-semitism.

However, people will watch on and wonder why this issue cannot simply be killed off - why the Labour Party gets bogged down on a definition of anti-semitism.
He should really be saying "any member found guilty of anti-semitism is bringing down the reputation of the party and should be expelled.  End of story.  Let's start talking about more important things."

Nothing he says will appease those trying to attack him.

It’s been one of the two lead stories on Sky News most nights for the past three weeks regardless of what else has been going on in the world.

Zionists and Zionist sympathisers desperate to discredit him.  The sad reality is that the genuine fight against anti-Semitism gets lost in the ‘boy crying wolf’ debate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atef_Bseiso

The wiki page on the controversial grave.

Things have cleared up a fair bit now. There are no Munich terrorists buried in that graveyard and no memorial to Black September.

Basically Mossad assassinated this guy in 1992 then said he was involved in Munich 20 years earlier. Presumably they were too busy to get him before that.

I think Corbyn gets a very hard time over Brexit.

Essentially, it's an incredibly tricky situation. An awful lot of traditional labour areas voted to leave, and giving up those votes would be electoral suicide (the same folk criticise him for being unelectable - but then want him to just ignore these communities).

He's also having to play a waiting game. Brexit will start to unravel at some point, and only then can labour take advantage.

Until then, they need to sit on the fence a bit, and play the long game.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Essentially, it's an incredibly tricky situation. An awful lot of traditional labour areas voted to leave, and giving up those votes would be electoral suicide (the same folk criticise him for being unelectable - but then want him to just ignore these communities).

He's also having to play a waiting game. Brexit will start to unravel at some point, and only then can labour take advantage.

A useless fucking weathervane then. Not a leader a follower.

Look, final word on the subject. The only thing Corbyn is genuinely guilty of is being promoted way, way beyond his capabilities.

It's getting really fucking boring now. Are the press really going to continue to run with this shite all the way to the next election ?

He's a clownshoe but not an anti semite. 

Also a big fan of basically calling Netanyahu a war criminal yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

And? It's numbers on a screen.

Public sector debt is private sector wealth. The argument that we can't have decent schools, hospitals, housing and other services because corporations and the financial elite have stashed billions offshore is incredibly stupid.

The reality is that the government can pay any GBP debt as they are the sole issuer of the currency. Bond yields reflect this reality. 2y - 0.7%,  5y - 1.0%, 10y 1.27%.

Any debt? Yipeee! Nothing to worry about here grandchildren, move along. Presumably the bond yields will be even better when Corbyn gets the Mint on double shift!

A useless fucking weathervane then. Not a leader a follower.
Look, final word on the subject. The only thing Corbyn is genuinely guilty of is being promoted way, way beyond his capabilities.
I think you want a Blair type leader, with the sincere smile and inspiring slogans. Or perhaps an iron lady type who refuses to change?

I'm more than done with all that. Corbyn seems like a fairly honest and genuine old man, and id like to give that a go as prime minister.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any debt? Yipeee! Nothing to worry about here grandchildren, move along. Presumably the bond yields will be even better when Corbyn gets the Mint on double shift!

Do you honestly think all this debt is going to be paid off? And i'm not just talking about the UK, total world government debt is $63 trillion dollars. It cannot be paid off.

It will be endlessly refinanced until the population comes to it's senses and it's wiped out. In the meantime it will be used as an excuse by the right as to why we can't have decent housing, health, education despite having all the real capital required.

If the gadarene rush of traditional Labour voters into the clutches of the extreme Right, as spectacularly evidenced by Brexit, isn't a damning condemnation of Labour's desertion of it's core support then I don't know what is.

And no, Corbyn is not responsible for the sins of Blair, Brown et al, but he is still the wrong leader at the wrong time.

I think you want a Blair type leader, with the sincere smile and inspiring slogans. Or perhaps an iron lady type who refuses to change?

I'm more than done with all that. Corbyn seems like a fairly honest and genuine old man, and id like to give that a go as prime minister.
Sigh. I think he probably is a nice decent-ish old buffer but the last thing we need during such international turmoil and assaults on the rules based order is to be led by the bumbling the old c**t from Up!

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Sigh. I think he probably is a nice decent-ish old buffer but the last thing we need during such international turmoil and assaults on the rules based order is to be led by the bumbling the old c**t from Up!

^^^^ a Tory who likes to think of himself as a liberal.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It would be nice to have a Prime Minister who would stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia and bring back all the RAF officers who are assisting the Saudis in their war crimes.

DkkSm_5WwAApLqs.jpg

I watched the CNN report on that yesterday, it was pretty graphic and absolutely gut wrenching.

It was the first  item on the 6pm broadcast, not sure if the U.K. nes channel covered it at all.

Guest Bob Mahelp
34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I watched the CNN report on that yesterday, it was pretty graphic and absolutely gut wrenching.

It was the first  item on the 6pm broadcast, not sure if the U.K. nes channel covered it at all.

Horrific, but something that 99% of the UK electorate does not give a shit about. 99.9% of them couldn't find Yemen on a map, and wouldn't want to.

Dead Arabs two thousand miles away have never, ever had any effect on British consciousness, and never will. 

I don't mean that in a callous way, it's simply how it is. If the left together with Corbyn think that highlighting these atrocities is somehow a vote-winner, then they're more f*cked up than I originally believed.