The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Thought this would already been on here. I don't know why it isn't big news that the UK government want every kid in every school in the UK to sing this bizarre North Korean-style anthem on 25 June.

Says a lot about how seriously the take this one nation thing that they don't even know the Scottish schools will have broken up for the summer by then.

This is just deeply, deeply disturbing, utter blood-and-soil nationalism.

36 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Ta. I'm trying to stay out of the Scottish politics pages here because they are haunted by a fair number of absolute wallopers. I think this song thing deserves being described as the normalisation of the far right too, it's the adoption lock, stock and barrel of far right slogans, chanting, misuse of children and compulsory displays of ethno-nationalist behaviour. 

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Ta. I'm trying to stay out of the Scottish politics pages here because they are haunted by a fair number of absolute wallopers. I think this song thing deserves being described as the normalisation of the far right too, it's the adoption lock, stock and barrel of far right slogans, chanting, misuse of children and compulsory displays of ethno-nationalist behaviour. 

There's certainly been less big baldy wallopers posting of late, cheers for your self imposed exile, it really improved the place. 

1 hour ago, TAFKAM said:

Was swithering about whether this was a real account or someone doing an ironic bear and now thinking it's the latter.

I wasn’t sure, thought it might be the @Stormzy thing where they are a unionist Rangers fan but play it up to troll a bit, but now I’m with you that someone’s totally at it. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

Thought this would already been on here. I don't know why it isn't big news that the UK government want every kid in every school in the UK to sing this bizarre North Korean-style anthem on 25 June.

Says a lot about how seriously the take this one nation thing that they don't even know the Scottish schools will have broken up for the summer by then.

This is just deeply, deeply disturbing, utter blood-and-soil nationalism.

Also great to see them print the flag upside down and block anyone who tells them so.

And getting N.I in the promo material when they aren't in Great Britain seems completely mental.

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

😂 When you self-declare as a walloper.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 14.23.59.png

53 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Will the new school uniform in england now be brown shirts & lederhosen for the over fives.

This is from the English curriculum guidance.

They ban the use of material from any organisation that wants to end capitalism. They ban material from organisations that endorse illegal activity, or even just fails to condemn illegal activity, regardless of what that material is about.

And then they make protesting illegal.

England is sleepwalking towards actual authoritarianism here. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/plan-your-relationships-sex-and-health-curriculum

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 16.22.10.png

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is from the English curriculum guidance.

They ban the use of material from any organisation that wants to end capitalism. They ban material from organisations that endorse illegal activity, or even just fails to condemn illegal activity, regardless of what that material is about.

And then they make protesting illegal.

England is sleepwalking towards actual authoritarianism here. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/plan-your-relationships-sex-and-health-curriculum

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 16.22.10.png

Presumably this means that schools can't use anything produced by the government? 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Presumably this means that schools can't use anything produced by the government? 

That point was made at the time, yes, especially as it was published during the whole breaking international law in a limited way thing. They've now been found to be throwing hundreds of millions pounds at their friends unlawfully, but hilariously that's not being treated as criminal. Why? Because we already live in an authoritarian state, we just haven't noticed yet.

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That point was made at the time, yes, especially as it was published during the whole breaking international law in a limited way thing. They've now been found to be throwing hundreds of millions pounds at their friends unlawfully, but hilariously that's not being treated as criminal. Why? Because we already live in an authoritarian state, we just haven't noticed yet.

I'm sure the queen's speech had something about trying to stop the judiciary over-ruling the government, for things like suspending parliament. 

Not that i watched the wizened old crone, i read a report, so that might not be exactly correct.