Jump to content
Bob Mahelp

The normalisation of the far-right continues

Recommended Posts

On 21/10/2020 at 21:43, Glen Sannox said:

There’s a definite look to these guys.B41905DF-7CFE-48EB-8C45-73D21196894D.thumb.jpeg.02bc44fb04fad3e2ca84cc9dc68135b1.jpeg

I don't get it. They look like average Scottish people of their age to me.

The premise of this is that the white supremacists have a 'look' in common. What's the 'look' here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antlion said:

So following Dick Brain’s decision to stand down as leader of UKIP, religious fundamentalist Dr Peter Gammons is set to take the reins.

To quote Rosemary Woodhouse: this is not a dream. This is really happening! 

At this point, UKIP have to be in on the joke.

Not sure who the real Dr Peter Gammons is..

This? (P.S. It's insane, if you can't be arsed with the whole thing go to 21 minutes.)

https://www.lightsource.com/ministry/its-supernatural/peter-gammons-268804.html

Or this? Or maybe both? He definitely forgets his American accent a few times above. 

P.S. https://www.pgmi.org/cambridge-international-college/

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antlion said:

So following Dick Brain’s decision to stand down as leader of UKIP, religious fundamentalist Dr Peter Gammons is set to take the reins.

To quote Rosemary Woodhouse: this is not a dream. This is really happening! 

At this point, UKIP have to be in on the joke.

Looking into it a bit further I suspect I've been thoroughly whooshed. Dick Brain (really) left last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/30/richard-braine-quits-ukip-leader-after-less-than-three-months

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't get it. They look like average Scottish people of their age to me.

The premise of this is that the white supremacists have a 'look' in common. What's the 'look' here?

Average nationalists, they definitely have a look, it's the derangement in the eyes that gets me and the rubbery faces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Average nationalists, they definitely have a look, it's the derangement in the eyes that gets me and the rubbery faces. 

You're just really bigoted, aren't you? Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You're just really bigoted, aren't you? Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

I'm not bigoted at all, what makes you say this? 

I think rating what we say and what other say on a footballing messageboard as worthwhile contributions is a dangerous game, could you perhaps show me some of your worthwhile contributions and some of the lesser ones to guide me on the right tracks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Average nationalists, they definitely have a look, it's the derangement in the eyes that gets me and the rubbery faces. 

Screenshot_20201020-070935_Twitter.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm not bigoted at all, what makes you say this? 

I think rating what we say and what other say on a footballing messageboard as worthwhile contributions is a dangerous game, could you perhaps show me some of your worthwhile contributions and some of the lesser ones to guide me on the right tracks? 

You can read my previous posts easily enough if you like.

It doesn't matter whether it's a football message board or not, you're not talking about football. You're seeing something in the faces of politicians that doesn't exist, and that's pretty messed up. I strongly dislike some of the people in that picture and would never vote for them, but I'm not so unhinged that I'll make up a pile of dehumanising drivel about their faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You can read my previous posts easily enough if you like.

It doesn't matter whether it's a football message board or not, you're not talking about football. You're seeing something in the faces of politicians that doesn't exist, and that's pretty messed up. I strongly dislike some of the people in that picture and would never vote for them, but I'm not so unhinged that I'll make up a pile of dehumanising drivel about their faces.

 

fa4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You can read my previous posts easily enough if you like.

It doesn't matter whether it's a football message board or not, you're not talking about football. You're seeing something in the faces of politicians that doesn't exist, and that's pretty messed up. I strongly dislike some of the people in that picture and would never vote for them, but I'm not so unhinged that I'll make up a pile of dehumanising drivel about their faces.

Dehumanising drivel = gammon? 

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Dehumanising drivel = gammon? 

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

i think you're overanalysing this. The funny thing is the gammons/american white supremacists do all look alike. Like it'd have been funnier if he had got pictures of 9 McGlashans from an AUOB and posted that because at least that makes sense. But Glen Minter doesn't post things to be funny, it's all 100% posted with clenched teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

i think you're overanalysing this. The funny thing is the gammons/american white supremacists do all look alike. Like it'd have been funnier if he had got pictures of 9 McGlashans from an AUOB and posted that because at least that makes sense. But Glen Minter doesn't post things to be funny, it's all 100% posted with clenched teeth.

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers. 

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stormzy said:

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

Yes is it bonkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Dehumanising drivel = gammon? 

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

If you follow the conversation and the pictures you'll see it was about actual white supremacists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

i think you're overanalysing this. The funny thing is the gammons/american white supremacists do all look alike. Like it'd have been funnier if he had got pictures of 9 McGlashans from an AUOB and posted that because at least that makes sense. But Glen Minter doesn't post things to be funny, it's all 100% posted with clenched teeth.

This is true. Nine pictures of folk in Glengarrys would have been funny. Nine pictures of mainstream politicians that don't look anything like each other was just rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Dehumanising drivel = gammon? 

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

 

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers. 

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

Are you sure you're OK, ***? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

 

Are you sure you're OK, ***? 

Of course. You seem to be particularly clingy today though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers. 

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

I certainly agree that nutters should be called out regardless. I had no time for Wings and his dreadful bigotry towards the gay community.  Also a few of the more wild eyed Indy types found their way on to my Block list when I did Twitter.  Same went for their mirror reflection  Unionist types on Twitter such as AgentP and historywoman who now resemble wild eyed figures who have been out in the bush too long as they scream into their echo chamber to ever diminishing results.

I am pro Independence, having made the journey from where you were Stormzy.  But I'm not so blinded to it to think that Indy=good/Yoon=bad because that is the logic of an idiot that has left America in a hole for the last 5 years. We are all Scots and whatever happens we are going to have to get along with each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...