The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

I don't see the point in 'the left have gone over the top so the right will react' arguments. I live in a hugely liberal area - there's not a single federal Republican representative in a populace of circa 10 million folks - and I've yet to come across a single 'SJW' that are oft-quoted as the whataboutery excuse for vileness; I'm not convinced they aren't a fabrication of the right. 
Are you talking about the right wing "white guilt" patter where they would have you believe that "the left" are constantly apologising for being white?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:
I don't see the point in 'the left have gone over the top so the right will react' arguments. I live in a hugely liberal area - there's not a single federal Republican representative in a populace of circa 10 million folks - and I've yet to come across a single 'SJW' that are oft-quoted as the whataboutery excuse for vileness; I'm not convinced they aren't a fabrication of the right. 

Are you talking about the right wing "white guilt" patter where they would have you believe that "the left" are constantly apologising for being white?

To a degree yeah; I've never heard anyone do it, yet the likes of Tucker Carlson reckon folks do it all the time. I'd take his word for it too, Fox News must be full of bleeding-heart pinkos, so he'll be speaking from experience. 

To a degree yeah; I've never heard anyone do it, yet the likes of Tucker Carlson reckon folks do it all the time. I'd take his word for it too, Fox News must be full of bleeding-heart pinkos, so he'll be speaking from experience. 
I think the reality is that the people they accuse of it are trying to realign white people and black people as equal. If you come at it from an angle that white were already superior, as many of yer right wingers do, then you will see it as a degradation of the white mans rights and seek to dismiss it as some sort of apologism. The reality is, like you I have never seen this and have only ever seen some people aiming for equality and some people fighting agaisnt it.

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

Wait, what's wrong with the message 'it's okay to be white'? Are you suggesting it's not okay to be white, is that now the official line and any deviation from that is racist? 

The sentence in and of itself not a problem.

Much like the sentence "Works sets you free". Not a problem with that sentence in isolation either.

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

The statement is not threatening and is not accompanied by any insignia. I find it very troubling that this is verboten, as it implies the authorities do not consider it 'ok to be white'... 

Do you think white people in Perth suffer discrimination because of their colour? 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Whoever put the poster up is either coming from the school of thought of the Daily Stormer, in which case they're racist or 4chan/Milo Yiannopolous, in which case they're a fanny, and either way they shouldn't be humoured. 

That's presumptuous. How can you be certain the person didn't think of this independently, or read it on Twitter and thought it was a good slogan? 

Even if the slogan was dreamt up by a neo-Nazi, it doesn't invalidate it. It is either 'okay to be white' or it's not. Apparently it's not...

1 minute ago, Ralstonite said:

That's presumptuous. How can you be certain the person didn't think of this independently, or read it on Twitter and thought it was a good slogan? 

Even if the slogan was dreamt up by a neo-Nazi, it doesn't invalidate it. It is either 'okay to be white' or it's not. Apparently it's not...

Because anyone who would shunt this shite up, or defend it, is barely capable of thought, let alone independent thought. 

Edited by carpetmonster

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The sentence in and of itself not a problem.

Much like the sentence "Works sets you free". Not a problem with that sentence in isolation either.

So you're equating the proclamation that it is 'ok to be white' with Nazi genocide, now? 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think white people in Perth suffer discrimination because of their colour? 

Probably not. But somebody expressing a mediocre satisfaction level with their racial identity doesn't necessarily indicate anything beyond that.

If a white person from Perth does feel they have been discriminated against because of their race does that mean they are evil or should not be able to express their concern?

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Because anyone who would shunt this shite up, or defend it, is barely capable of thought, let alone independent thought. 

Seeing as I'm incapable of thought, please explain to me what is wrong with somebody saying 'it's okay to be black/white/Jewish'?

Definition of okay:

adjective
adjective: okay
  1. satisfactory but not especially good.
    "the flight was OK"

Just now, Ralstonite said:

If a white person from Perth does feel they have been discriminated against because of their race does that mean they are evil or should not be able to express their concern?

No, it means they're trolling. It's like demanding a law that bans teachers from turning pupils gay or Jews from drinking the blood of Christian babies, it postulates a problem that doesn't exist to promote hatred. 

7 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Seeing as I'm incapable of thought, please explain to me what is wrong with somebody saying 'it's okay to be black/white/Jewish'?

Definition of okay:

Because for every statement there is by inference a question

'It's OK to be white' - What if one is not white, is that not OK?

'It's OK to be black' - What if one is not black, is that not OK?

'It's OK to be Jewish' - What if one is not Jewish, is that not OK?

Paul Joseph Watson is racist scum and it's fucking brilliant watching his c**t of a boss getting rinsed thru the courts - Paul Joseph Watson is racist scum and it's fucking brilliant watching his c**t of a boss getting rinsed thru the courts

Oh. Huh. 

Edited by carpetmonster