The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Expect more of this.  Much, much more.

The election result will encourage this sort of behaviour.

ETA the U.K. wide election result.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Expect more of this.  Much, much more.

The election result will encourage this sort of behaviour.

ETA the U.K. wide election result.

Wait, what's wrong with the message 'it's okay to be white'? Are you suggesting it's not okay to be white, is that now the official line and any deviation from that is racist? 

Wait, what's wrong with the message 'it's okay to be white'? Are you suggesting it's not okay to be white, is that now the official line and any deviation from that is racist? 

I think the reaction that it’s some sort of a threat to minorities is over the top.

It’s deeply stupid though and likely been put up by young men who haven’t The first idea of what life is like for a minority in this country.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think the reaction that it’s some sort of a threat to minorities is over the top.

It’s deeply stupid though and likely been put up by young men who haven’t The first idea of what life is like for a minority in this country.

The statement is not threatening and is not accompanied by any insignia. I find it very troubling that this is verboten, as it implies the authorities do not consider it 'ok to be white'... 

The statement is not threatening and is not accompanied by any insignia. I find it very troubling that this is verboten, as it implies the authorities do not consider it 'ok to be white'... 
I think it implies that the authorities are bot comfortable with the inferences made on the poster which is very racially loaded.

Its wordplay that is very deliberate by the people that propogate this shite. Let me ask you when in real life it has ever NOT been ok to be white or when being white has genuinely caused a problem in itself?

This is like the made up shite on the facebook thread about how kids cant call it Christmas or you arent allowed to fly a Union Jack. Its fucking bullshit designed to being people towards the real message of these people which is that in this country, its preferential to be white and its not ok to be anythong else

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It started as a 4chan meme, but was quickly adopted by the Daily Stormer, who it's fair to say, do like to think of themselves as being a threat to minorities. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it implies that the authorities are bot comfortable with the inferences made on the poster which is very racially loaded.

Its wordplay that is very deliberate by the people that propogate this shite. Let me ask you when in real life it has ever NOT been ok to be white or when being white has genuinely caused a problem in itself?

This is like the made up shite on the facebook thread about how kids cant call it Christmas or you arent allowed to fly a Union Jack. Its fucking bullshit designed to being people towards the real message of these people which is that in this country, its preferential to be white and its not ok to be anythong else

I don't know, Rhodesian farmers? An event at Edinburgh University?

By removing posters proclaiming 'it's ok to be white', surely the authorities are playing into the hands of these activists, then? Because when I read it's considered offensive, and being treated as a potential crime, then I can only assume it is now wrong-think to believe it is okay to be white. As a white person I find that troubling and offensive. It's almost a parody of something Alf Garnett would say "it'll be illegal for us to say 'it's okay to be white', next!

Just now, carpetmonster said:

It started as a 4chan meme, but was quickly adopted by the Daily Stormer, who it's fair to say, do like to think of themselves as being a threat to minorities. 

Maybe inflammatory is a better word?

The implication is that we're living in a society that is trying to marginalise white people and that we should rally against it.

I do sometimes think the narrative around white people on left leaning outlets could be toned down a bit as it can lead to this sort of stuff.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe inflammatory is a better word?

The implication is that we're living in a society that is trying to marginalise white people and that we should rally against it.

I do sometimes think the narrative around white people on left leaning outlets could be toned down a bit as it can lead to this sort of stuff.

ehh. Wankers lead to this sort of stuff and wankers gonna w****r. 

4 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I don't know, Rhodesian farmers? An event at Edinburgh University?

By removing posters proclaiming 'it's ok to be white', surely the authorities are playing into the hands of these activists, then? Because when I read it's considered offensive, and being treated as a potential crime, then I can only assume it is now wrong-think to believe it is okay to be white. As a white person I find that troubling and offensive. It's almost a parody of something Alf Garnett would say "it'll be illegal for us to say 'it's okay to be white', next!

Whoever put the poster up is either coming from the school of thought of the Daily Stormer, in which case they're racist or 4chan/Milo Yiannopolous, in which case they're a fanny, and either way they shouldn't be humoured. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I disagree, but most on here will agree with you so you win.

I don't see the point in 'the left have gone over the top so the right will react' arguments. I live in a hugely liberal area - there's not a single federal Republican representative in a populace of circa 10 million folks - and I've yet to come across a single 'SJW' that are oft-quoted as the whataboutery excuse for vileness; I'm not convinced they aren't a fabrication of the right.