The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

59 minutes ago, Paco said:

bfa9debf896fa95594091fef8190fb37.jpg

An accident of geography means we’re in a pretty fortunate situation. However we’re making such a mess of it that housing costs for asylum seekers first few days alone costs the UK taxpayer £2.2bn per year.

Assuming these figures are correct (and I've no reason to believe they aren't!) that should surely put to bed this "invasion" rubbish that Cruella has been pedalling? If not why not? 

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

It was even more offensive than that. The election slogan used successfully by the  conservatives in Smethwick in 1964 was "If you want a n*****r for a neighbour, vote Labour"

Be careful, you'll get a warning on here for using offensive language, even in a quote.   I did.

I also got warning points for using asterisks instead of letters. 

P&B is not immune to this creeping curtailment of free speech.   You have been ...  erm, warned.

45 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Assuming these figures are correct (and I've no reason to believe they aren't!) that should surely put to bed this "invasion" rubbish that Cruella has been pedalling? If not why not? 

Are you seriously expecting the people who lap this shit up to have any sort of international pespective beyond eating curry and liking American films? 

They won't see that it's the same type of issue but bigger. Lots of foreign people going to Cyprus isn't the same because Cyprus id foreign, so they'll be used to foreign people. 

Now, I may be wrong and I really CBA trying to validate this BUT I read that the illegal immigrant costs come out of the UK foreign aid budget, so do not put any additional financial burden on the UK taxpayer.  

If true, it means that hotels, suppliers, security and ancillary staff etc, are benefiting at the expense of unfortunates abroad.

Probably some Tories making money out of this.

Edited by cyderspaceman
'add any additional' was clumsy , changed to 'put'

Now, I may be wrong and I really CBA trying to validate this BUT I read that the illegal immigrant costs come out of the UK foreign aid budget, so do not add any additional financial burden on the UK taxpayer.  
If true, it means that hotels, suppliers, security and ancillary staff etc, are benefiting at the expense of unfortunates abroad.

Probably?

49 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Now, I may be wrong and I really CBA trying to validate this BUT I read that the illegal immigrant costs come out of the UK foreign aid budget, so do not add any additional financial burden on the UK taxpayer.  

Mitie run the holding centers. Tory peer Philippa Roe is their current chair of the board. Tory life peer Ruby Ahmad (Baroness McGregor-Smith) was CEO 2006-2016. 

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Be careful, you'll get a warning on here for using offensive language, even in a quote.   I did.

I also got warning points for using asterisks instead of letters. 

P&B is not immune to this creeping curtailment of free speech.   You have been ...  erm, warned.

I was reading Sir Gerald Nabarro's (eccentric, media-friendly Tory MP} Wiki entry recently and found this:

While appearing on Any Questions?, he said, "How would you feel if your daughter wanted to marry a big buck [racist term] with the prospect of coffee-coloured grandchildren?", remarks which were excised from a repeat of the programme the following week.

This would have been in the 1960s, you would hope that any such comment now would finish any MP, even in the current Tory Party.*

*Maybe not Braverman.

On 02/11/2022 at 00:28, cyderspaceman said:

Now, I may be wrong and I really CBA trying to validate this BUT I read that the illegal immigrant costs come out of the UK foreign aid budget, so do not put any additional financial burden on the UK taxpayer.  

You are correct, however, it is this way for all countries not just the UK.

Still has to be highlighted.  That this is not an extra 2.2bn from the taxpayer.  It's already out the budget, just getting used in a different way.

I think it's something like 5bn we pay to the foreign aid budget at the moment. So half of it going to in house Tories as per above.....

I am centre-left. I support labour and devolution. 

The far-right see the working class as criminals and parasites. That is how they see us. The far right want tax cuts for the rich and to decimate public services used by working and middle class people.

Boris described the British working class as criminal, drunk and hopeless.

The far right think the poor are parasites, lazy and stupid.  And that poverty is their own fault. 

Plus Boris edited a magazine that published a poem calling for the extermination of the Scottish.

The for night nationalists have hate towards Scotland and try to claim it is not a real nation. 

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The online life of Andy Leak.

That is a terrifying read.

That pathetic guy, abandoned in Buckinghamshire, a solitary individual suckered by xenophobia and presumably soaked in alcohol.

A salutary lesson for anyone tempted to think that the siren voice of nationalism is the answer.