The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Braverman is utterly deranged. It's terrifying that a nasty piece of work like her is in such a position of power.

This is what happens in a Tweetocracy, Chancellor confronts reality for the first time when he tries to put his Whatsapp group ideas into practice, Home Secretary looking like doing the same with Public Order, Tory housewives banged up for planning a protest about fracking on their village green.

55 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Braverman is utterly deranged. It's terrifying that a nasty piece of work like her is in such a position of power.

She’s an extremist, people like her have no business being in Parliament let alone the Home Secretary

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is what happens in a Tweetocracy, Chancellor confronts reality for the first time when he tries to put his Whatsapp group ideas into practice, Home Secretary looking like doing the same with Public Order, Tory housewives banged up for planning a protest about fracking on their village green.

Oh, no no no. This is the definition of a policy that will be policed differently depending on the region.

Nice respectful Home Counties ladies from good families? A nice chat with the Superintendent with the local MP present. Dangerous thugs from the council estate? Get the riot gear on, lads; this is going to get messy.

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

My daughter (who i think counts as an ethnic minority) was actually taught the national anthem at school last week. I didn't ask what colour her teacher was. 

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the King!

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

What are you, a tofu-eating leftie?!

I’m convinced that more people would be left wing if it were not for the requirement to eat tofu.

If people could be toffee-eating lefties instead I reckon we could have a revolution within 12 months.

So Braverman evidently wants to pass laws to give herself the power to pre-emptively silence people just on the off-chance that they might, just might decide to protest about something, yet she has just personally voted against buffer zones around sexual health clinics designed to protect patients from harassment by extremist groups. On top of that, she's regularly cited as one of the great white hopes that 'stand up for women's rights/know what a woman is' by the usual single issue GC obsessives.