The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm sure there's a old Doug Stanhope sketch where he rips migrant haters: he rattled off the awful conditions and paths to arrive in a better place, they don't speak the local language, and yet they are still more qualified for that mythical job than you? 

12 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm sure there's a old Doug Stanhope sketch where he rips migrant haters: he rattled off the awful conditions and paths to arrive in a better place, they don't speak the local language, and yet they are still more qualified for that mythical job than you? 

Seen similar along the lines of 'Fahkin look at em, coming 'ere and taking are jobs', usually Sandra with her hairdressing HND moaning about an Asian neurosurgeon

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Is it, aye?

I heard Cleese on Radio 4 this morning. Started off OK, but when asked if sharing deliberate disinformation on vaccines was covered in his definition of free speech, he sounded like a confused and embarrassed old man, trying to explain why he's just walked out of a sex shop. 

Also, the BBC continually advertising and promoting MadCuntTV is just ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

It’s painfully funny seeing typically retirement age, white, privileged men greeting about being victims of modern society, especially when they used to be the harshest critics of what they are now fighting tooth & nail to defend.

I’ve made a word up for that type- c**t. 

For some reason they seem to believe they are entitled to a public platform 

45 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Unsure if Stewart was secretly a dirty far-right b*****d when he was reading the news or it Korsakoff Syndrome has really done a number on him.

He did the local news where I lived in the early/mid Nineties - he was a sneering, preening, drunk-driving arrogant plummy roaster back then, so it should be no surprise that he'd show himself to be a total c**t when freed from the need to please an employer.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

It’s painfully funny seeing typically retirement age, white, privileged men greeting about being victims of modern society, especially when they used to be the harshest critics of what they are now fighting tooth & nail to defend.

I’ve made a word up for that type- c**t. 

It's because these types have never been challenged before. Because of that, instead of staying relevant or adapting to change, they double down. Cleese maybe an exception to the rule to an extent, but the likes of Jim Davidson were unable to comprehend changes in society that make the jokes they used to tell no more offensive than ever, but deffinately less funny. Instead of evolving, they blame woke quotas, see Lawrenson too. They cannot comprehend that a female nor one of colour could possibly just be better than them at their job.

GB News is like a retirement home for employees and viewers. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I like how he’s complaining about something that didn’t happen 

82CE75C3-6C69-4FEF-B3AD-8B1AFDFA7536.jpeg

Makes you wonder what he wanted to put into Python and Fawlty Towers that the Beeb wouldn't let him do.

Also, does he think that the BBC is in charge of cancellations, or is he admitting that nobody's going to watch him on GB News, so there'll be nobody to cancel him for...whatever he's hoping to upset people with?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Makes you wonder what he wanted to put into Python and Fawlty Towers that the Beeb wouldn't let him do.

Also, does he think that the BBC is in charge of cancellations, or is he admitting that nobody's going to watch him on GB News, so there'll be nobody to cancel him for...whatever he's hoping to upset people with?

He was annoyed with the BBC for not doing regular re-runs of the Monty Python series.  As I recall, some sketches are very well known but a lot of it was crap.

Fawlty Towers was great but he was utterly hopeless at non-comedic roles - such as Silverado.

In 2018, he moved to Nevis and St Kitts, never to return - and 4 years later he is back.

Far from canceling him prematurely, it appears that the BBC indulged themselves and him with a second series of this thing featuring the older and unfunny JC. 

Me, I managed the first but don't recall the second episode.

91KZzXwVqFL._RI_.jpg