The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I see P&B censored the word 'p***ked'.  What's going on?

eta  Ah.  I'm going to try Scunthorpe.

The word filter is bizarre. It's like they have a vandetta against perfectly reasonable language.

A while back, someone discovered that d-h-i-m is censored, even as part of other words. I must have missed that particular shitshow.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The word filter is bizarre. It's like they have a vandetta against perfectly reasonable language.

A while back, someone discovered that d-h-i-m is censored, even as part of other words. I must have missed that particular shitshow.

Shitshow is ok tho?   

Smegfest...snot rag...piss flaps...arse wipe...*****

Used your d-word at the end there.  It's all a bit bizarre.

Edited by cyderspaceman
curiosity

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Who's the poster on this forum who uses the most profanities?

Don't know. Is there a search function?

Maybe Div should provide a list of words that can't be used.

I'll make a start

eta    oops! forgot   ***

Edited by cyderspaceman

Shitshow is ok tho?   

Smegfest...snot rag...piss flaps...arse wipe...*****

Worryingly, the 'n' word is still uncensored, while h-u-n had to be stopped in case one of the The Rangers fans cried.

Of course, there's always m-i-n-g-e.

Just now, Snafu said:

Who's the poster on this forum who uses the most profanities?

Where's MixuFixit when you need him?

I presume the site has a function to search for certain words in certain members' posts, but I'll be buggered if I'm messing about with that, considering how slow it was last time I used it.

Don't know. Is there a search function?

Maybe Div should provide a list of words that can't be used.

I'll make a start

EIZnF0yXYAEakin.jpg

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It does seem odd to me that so many folk put their trust in a character and events contained in an aged text. There was a bloke in India -Sathya Sai Baba - who was said to have performed miracles and he lived until 2011.  He had/has many followers, his branches operate in over 100 countries yet I'm assuming that folk around here wouldn't give him or his miracles the time of day.  Maybe ancient audiences were just more gullible.

Did he have a rule that you can only believe in his fictions? 

This is where the polytheists lose out.  New gods and cults are one among many.  Christianity demands exclusivity. 

Being mandated as the state religion by an extremely powerful empire helped as well. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

You're not on your deathbed yet.

Edit: unless you are, in which case, commiserations and we'll name a thread after you.

I think you misunderstand.  A person doesn’t need to be on their deathbed to consider their mortality. Most rational human beings will consider it at different points in their lives, hopefully not too often or too morbidly.  Not all of us need the reassurance of an afterlife.

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Deep in the heart of Buckinghamshire, known formally as Tory Buckinghamshire now that the Lib Dems have stolen Chesham & Amersham a dark cloud hangs over this green and gentle county, no not that the Middsommer murders did take actually take place, though some of you wished they had. But of Nazis, or rather Nazi memorabilia up for auction at the local auctioneers in Amersham, its causing quite a kerfuffle.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/20668361.shock-nazi-memorabilia-goes-hammer-peebles/

They do like their Nazi memorabilia in that part of the country since this was the second time Amersham Auction Rooms have put a collection up for sale done and on the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings 2019 which obviously didn't go down to well.

Oh little Britain, little Britain.

The guy that wrote that seems a little iron cross.