The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Whatever you say, Asim.

I’ll leave the door open If you want to continue the discussion further 🚪 

P.S. your daft wee insults don’t get to me :)

Tell ye what. If I did I have proof of those things she says would that be evidence she's far right?

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Tell ye what. If I did I have proof of those things she says would that be evidence she's far right?

I don't think it would, depending on what she has actually said.  Most of what you've described just seems to be unsavoury opinions or statements, but I'd imagine what you claim she has said/done and what she has actually said/done are two entirely different things.

Earlier on I described what I believed far-right to be, so it'd have to align.  I've already stated that I don't see how Christian Nationalism is far-right for example.

14 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Everything to the left of the Third Reich is centrism. JFC. 

Put, the c**t, on ignore. 

That's not what I'm saying at all.

The only reason I stand out is because 99% of people on here are left wing.  Me pointing out the incorrect usage of 'far-right' is not trolling.  Most normal people don't bandy it about willy nilly the way that's done on here.  There's no way the ten names listed in that article are far-right.

All your sneering and insults are like water off a duck's back.  I simply won't be reacting to it.  If people don't want to engage sensibly, then putting me on ignore is preferable for me.

Even the wikipedia definition shows something wildly different to what's said on here, and pretty much aligns with what I laid out in orange text on page 171 of this thread.

"Far-right politics, also referred to as the extreme right or right-wing extremism, are politics further on the right of the left–right political spectrum than the standard political right, particularly in terms of being authoritarian and ultra-nationalist, as well as having nativist ideologies and tendencies.[1]

Historically used to describe the experiences of Fascism, Nazism, and Falangism, far-right politics now include neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, the Third Position, the alt-right, racial supremacism, and other ideologies or organizations that feature aspects of authoritarian, ultra-nationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and/or reactionary views.

Far-right politics have led to oppression, political violence, forced assimilation, ethnic cleansing, and genocide against groups of people based on their supposed inferiority or their perceived threat to the native ethnic group, nation, state, national religion, dominant culture, or conservative social institutions."

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Even the wikipedia definition shows something wildly different to what's said on here, and pretty much aligns with what I laid out in orange text on page 171 of this thread.

"Far-right politics, also referred to as the extreme right or right-wing extremism, are politics further on the right of the left–right political spectrum than the standard political right, particularly in terms of being authoritarian and ultra-nationalist, as well as having nativist ideologies and tendencies.[1]

Historically used to describe the experiences of Fascism, Nazism, and Falangism, far-right politics now include neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, the Third Position, the alt-right, racial supremacism, and other ideologies or organizations that feature aspects of authoritarian, ultra-nationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, and/or reactionary views.

Far-right politics have led to oppression, political violence, forced assimilation, ethnic cleansing, and genocide against groups of people based on their supposed inferiority or their perceived threat to the native ethnic group, nation, state, national religion, dominant culture, or conservative social institutions."

So you think the wiki definition of far-right is fair?

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So you think the wiki definition of far-right is fair?

Aye, I’d say it’s probably a good one, Asim.  What are your thoughts?

It’s one you can’t apply to the ten people listed in the Daily Kos article.

Maybe the author(s) of the Wikipedia piece are just trolls, idiots and c***s?

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

btw I'm reading 'In Search Of Jesus The Anarchist' by Paul Dordal, its an interesting very good read. I read the New Testament before reading it and yeah Jesus was a good guy, very misunderstood, even more misunderstood now. Disapproved of authoritarian rule and materialistic wealth.

Christian anarchists - good guys.

How accurate are the records from that time?

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Aye, I’d say it’s probably a good one, Asim.  What are your thoughts?

It’s one you can’t apply to the ten people listed in the Daily Kos article.

Maybe the author(s) of the Wikipedia piece are just trolls, idiots and c***s?

I think it's a decent, generic descriptor. Such a shame it clearly applies to MTG

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

AuthoritarianUltra-Nationalist, Chauvinist, Xenophobic, Theocratic, RacistHomophobic, Transphobic and Reactionary views

If you still don't think she's far right yer an idiot or c**t. 

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

btw I'm reading 'In Search Of Jesus The Anarchist' by Paul Dordal, its an interesting very good read. I read the New Testament before reading it and yeah Jesus was a good guy, very misunderstood, even more misunderstood now. Disapproved of authoritarian rule and materialistic wealth.

Christian anarchists - good guys.

Jesus was definitely a liberal of the times.

Although I don't think he actually existed.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think it's a decent, generic descriptor. Such a shame it clearly applies to MTG

AuthoritarianUltra-Nationalist, Chauvinist, Xenophobic, Theocratic, RacistHomophobic, Transphobic and Reactionary views

If you still don't think she's far right yer an idiot or c**t. 

The floor is yours to explain why these labels apply to MTG.

27 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Jesus was definitely a liberal of the times.

Although I don't think he actually existed.

I think there was a guy kicking around Galilee a couple of thousand years ago who we refer to as Jesus.  He was most likely a very charismatic individual that had a following but was not the son of god and did not perform miracles.

Written accounts of him didn’t appear until long after he was dead and their accuracy will be very questionable.  This makes the fact that some folk believe without question some (but not other) interpretations of what he supposedly stood for is pretty frightening.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think there was a guy kicking around Galilee a couple of thousand years ago who we refer to as Jesus.  He was most likely a very charismatic individual that had a following but was not the son of god and did not perform miracles.

Written accounts of him didn’t appear until long after he was dead and their accuracy will be very questionable.  This makes the fact that some folk believe without question some (but not other) interpretations of what he supposedly stood for is pretty frightening.

When you say, 'long after' what's your timeline?