Jump to content

The normalisation of the far-right continues


Guest Bob Mahelp

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Was that actually in The Sun?  I suspect not.  Any sources seem to be 2nd hand from Novinite, which is little more than a comic.

Nevertheless, it still doesn't back Snaffles' incorrect assertion that we were told we were 'going to be overrun by Romanians'.

And as for the personal insults, I'm not being drawn in.  If you want to trade insults, then you'll have to look elsewhere.  Sorry to disappoint.

Yes. It was in The Sun. This article from 2014 directly quotes teh Sun's article and it happens to be the exact same wording as the Novinite archive of the same article. 

And, snafu's assertion is backed up in the language in many of links I sent you that you never bothered reading using the same misleading and inflammatroy language you so detest:

"When the two groups appeared together, they were most often described in relation to migration issues. Furthermore, tabloid and broadsheet coverage exhibited anticipation of a certain magnitude of migration from these countries, as well as the need to curb future migration. The variety of figures circulated was particularly striking, given the relative lack of data regarding the actual scale of migration from Romania and Bulgaria since January 2014."

Can you explain to the rest of the class, some of whom may doubt you're acting in good faith, how articles that repeatedly discuss mass immigration, and the need to curb that immigration, whilst using inflammatory language such as "flood" and "flock" are not referring to being overrun by immigrants? Are you actually so dense you either need to read the exact phrase "overrun by Romanians" in an article to decide that is what the article is discussing or are you so obtuse you refuse to accept that is what the article is discussing without that exact phrase? In either case, if there was an article that discussed, literally, being "overrun by Romanians" would you then admit you were incorrect and not Snafu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yes. It was in The Sun. This article from 2014 directly quotes teh Sun's article and it happens to be the exact same wording as the Novinite archive of the same article. 

And, snafu's assertion is backed up in the language in many of links I sent you that you never bothered reading using the same misleading and inflammatroy language you so detest:

"When the two groups appeared together, they were most often described in relation to migration issues. Furthermore, tabloid and broadsheet coverage exhibited anticipation of a certain magnitude of migration from these countries, as well as the need to curb future migration. The variety of figures circulated was particularly striking, given the relative lack of data regarding the actual scale of migration from Romania and Bulgaria since January 2014."

Can you explain to the rest of the class, some of whom may doubt you're acting in good faith, how articles that repeatedly discuss mass immigration, and the need to curb that immigration, whilst using inflammatory language such as "flood" and "flock" are not referring to being overrun by immigrants? Are you actually so dense you either need to read the exact phrase "overrun by Romanians" in an article to decide that is what the article is discussing or are you so obtuse you refuse to accept that is what the article is discussing without that exact phrase? In either case, if there was an article that discussed, literally, being "overrun by Romanians" would you then admit you were incorrect and not Snafu?

Sorry Asim, but we don't know it's quoting The Sun at all, and I've already explained my rationale behind this.

Snaffles' assertion isn't backed up, as none of these links back up his claim that the media said we were about to be overrun by Romanians.  We weren't told this.

It's not about the exact phrase being used, but the media didn't actually claim anything like it.  Check the definition of 'overrun'.

My beef isn't with media sensationalism, but sensationalism from you lot.

You've even completely twisted the words of one of the links yourself, blatantly mischaracterising the words of Philippa Roe in the Daily Mail article.  She never said Romanians would be shitting on your doorstep at all, but spoke of actions that had already taken place.

I'm not going to resort to your level by throwing insults, but are you not embarrassed by this?

Edited by Duries Air Freshener
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mind the media hinging oot at Stansted on January 1st to film the hundreds of Romanians who were gonna appear now they had free travel throughout the EU and one Romanian got aff the first plane and he had already been living in England for years? Great stuff

Uber bigots and flag shagger signalers the Daily Express even found 75k lumps of bacon to sign a silly little petition in 2013 that they were unhappy at being frightened by this talk of more foreign folk coming into their country and stealing the jobs they didn't want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was ten years ago this week that certain fans of a certain uncertain club played their first league fixture in Peterhead and it was reported that these certain fans were seen urinating in gardens of the residents of the town.

This happened vs xenophobic fantasies.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Sorry Asim, but we don't know it's quoting The Sun at all, and I've already explained my rationale behind this.

Well we do. Unless you think it's entirely a coincidence a piece from the same time quoting The Sun somehow magically used the exact same words as a piece that pretended to be The Sun after the fact.

You actually haven't given any rationale other than "I don't believe it."

You are obviously a fool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

You know fine that there was reports of a "tidal wave", "a flood" and being "swamped" - the last one from the NI secretary no less. 

You know fine that disproportionately negative and sensationalist news stories about migrants are published regularly.

We all know that you know. 

I hope you're enjoying the attention as you contribute in your pathetic incel way to making the world a worse place. I have two mixed race children whose future i worry about because of xenophobic dog whistle shite like this. 

I'm not trying to debate in good faith nor convince you of anything. 

I just want to let you know why i think you're a c**t. 

 

When deliberating over whether to reply meaningfully to your post, a phrase springs to mind:

’Never wrestle with a chimney sweep, you’ll only end up dirty’.

So on that basis, I’m out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well we do. Unless you think it's entirely a coincidence a piece from the same time quoting The Sun somehow magically used the exact same words as a piece that pretended to be The Sun after the fact.

You actually haven't given any rationale other than "I don't believe it."

You are obviously a fool.

I think this is entirely possible when it comes to the comic that is Novanite.

Thanks for the insult though.  I am indeed a fool for wasting time reading those links, which don’t purport what you claim.

Youve been caught red handed twisting the words of Philippa Roe, which is unfortunate to say the least.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Sorry Asim, but we don't know it's quoting The Sun at all, and I've already explained my rationale behind this.

Snaffles' assertion isn't backed up, as none of these links back up his claim that the media said we were about to be overrun by Romanians.  We weren't told this.

It's not about the exact phrase being used, but the media didn't actually claim anything like it.  Check the definition of 'overrun'.

My beef isn't with media sensationalism, but sensationalism from you lot.

You've even completely twisted the words of one of the links yourself, blatantly mischaracterising the words of Philippa Roe in the Daily Mail article.  She never said Romanians would be shitting on your doorstep at all, but spoke of actions that had already taken place.

I'm not going to resort to your level by throwing insults, but are you not embarrassed by this?

You don't half get up to semantics.

 

Of course a country with a population of about 20m can't 'overrun' a country of 65m but you're just playing silly buggers by picking on one word rather than the broad point. Shame on you. I'd expect better of you.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Only kidding. I'd never expect better of you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You don't half get up to semantics.

 

Of course a country with a population of about 20m can't 'overrun' a country of 65m but you're just playing silly buggers by picking on one word rather than the broad point. Shame on you. I'd expect better of you.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Only kidding. I'd never expect better of you.

 

Positive result on the scales today SD, well done.  I've gone the other way over the past few weeks!

The point was predicated on the claim that we were told we'd be overrun, which was incorrect.  Farage et al were careful with their words at the time.  All that happened was that some politicians/media talked up something that fitted their agenda, the same as happens across the board.

Many left wingers think nothing of twisting language, hence Asim's blatant falsehood about Philippa Roe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone wanting to hear that classic Nigel Farage (is not a racist) interview on the 16th May 2014 with LBC including his carefully chosen words at the time on the subject of Romanians.

 
image.jpeg.ad2f2e5dfdc4c160da560e838e795b25.jpegkey_UKIP_Leaflet.jpg.78c0a92fff77d703941b68ecef84db0c.jpg
 

UKIP's carefully chosen posters from 2014 and 2010 very convincing on the debate on whether the careful Farage is careful with not just his words but also careful during his time as leader of UKIP back then carefully chose how UKIP carefully promoted themselves as the only careful voice of reason when it came to immigration. Definitely not racist, nope.

Edited by Snafu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

For anyone wanting to hear that classic Nigel Farage (is not a racist) interview on the 16th May 2014 with LBC including his carefully chosen words at the time on the subject of Romanians.

 
image.jpeg.ad2f2e5dfdc4c160da560e838e795b25.jpegkey_UKIP_Leaflet.jpg.78c0a92fff77d703941b68ecef84db0c.jpg
 

UKIP's carefully chosen posters from 2014 and 2010 very convincing on the debate on whether the careful Farage is careful with not just his words but also careful during his time as leader of UKIP back then carefully chose how UKIP carefully promoted themselves as the only careful voice of reason when it came to immigration. Definitely not racist, nope.

They also hate us jocks 

 

1533598F-137C-4160-8933-ECDCCCD7F503.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Positive result on the scales today SD, well done.  I've gone the other way over the past few weeks!

The point was predicated on the claim that we were told we'd be overrun, which was incorrect.  Farage et al were careful with their words at the time.  All that happened was that some politicians/media talked up something that fitted their agenda, the same as happens across the board.

Many left wingers think nothing of twisting language, hence Asim's blatant falsehood about Philippa Roe.

Aye, wont be long until I'm not classed as overweight by the ridiculous BMI calculator. You're obviously not getting the time to go out running.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

They also hate us jocks 

 

1533598F-137C-4160-8933-ECDCCCD7F503.jpeg

Problem would be those thousands of Scots fleeing across the border, some maybe even drowning in the Tweed in their blind panic to get out of Scotland if this country ever becomes independent. Thousands more following when Scotland join the EU.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

P&B really could use one of those Twitter tags for previously-banned bad faith alias accounts. It would save a bunch of time for the folk who feel compelled to refute the rubbish that they undoubtedly don't even believe themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...