The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

"We" ??

Scotsman patented the telephone in the USA. f**k all to do with "we". Twat.

Aye, this "we" thing needs knocked on the head. The people talking about what "we" have done have invariably done nothing, and are talking about individuals or groups who are long dead, and just happened to reside in a particular geographic area. Often they had to actively struggle against their surroundings and authority in order to see their ideas come to fruition, and it's surprising how many of them turn out to have stolen other people's ideas and patented them, fucking over the actual inventor.

Inventors deserve credit for what their work, but don't trust the motives of people who want to pretend they were uniquely talented, or it was their place of birth that made them special. For perspective, in a hundred years Elon Musk will be remembered as one of the great inventors of the age, and there'll likely be chancers who'll use his name as evidence of South African ingenuity. The fact that he was born into wealth and used it to pass off other people's work as his own will be neither here nor there.

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, this "we" thing needs knocked on the head. The people talking about what "we" have done have invariably done nothing, and are talking about individuals or groups who are long dead, and just happened to reside in a particular geographic area. Often they had to actively struggle against their surroundings and authority in order to see their ideas come to fruition, and it's surprising how many of them turn out to have stolen other people's ideas and patented them, fucking over the actual inventor.

Inventors deserve credit for what their work, but don't trust the motives of people who want to pretend they were uniquely talented, or it was their place of birth that made them special. For perspective, in a hundred years Elon Musk will be remembered as one of the great inventors of the age, and there'll likely be chancers who'll use his name as evidence of South African ingenuity. The fact that he was born into wealth and used it to pass off other people's work as his own will be neither here nor there.

Think you’re reading too much into it buddy.

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The c**t is sitting in his house in Spain 

Sacking someone for asking to work from home definitely isn't massive 'snowflake' behaviour.

These c***s are always projecting.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Adding ex Conservatives who don't give up their Conservative ways to in this case the Lib Dems would on the whole move the Lib Dems further to the right on the political spectrum, same as Labour picking up Conservative policies, they shuffle to the right. A bit like the average intelligence of the average person in the UK has dropped in the last 10 years if it could be measured.

You can't really argue that the bigger mainstream parties haven't all moved to the right. Mainly serving business interests rather than the people who voted for them.

I agree that the mainstream parties mainly serve business interests.  This applies to the Tories, Labour, SNP and Lib Dems.

I don’t agree that all the parties have swung to the right though.  In a general, high-level sense, the right have lost so much ground in my lifetime.

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

Virtue signalling, the right does it as well, .........that is the right wing side of the Lib Dems as he is now.

The first sentence on his wiki page is quite telling - Sidney Charles Mullins OBE (born 28 October 1952) is a British businessman and well renowned cockwomble. He is the founder of Pimlico Plumbers, London's largest independent plumbing company, which he sold in 2021.

I didn't know who that was but that's a pretty notorious company name. 

They employed people but didn't enter into employment contracts and treated them as self empmoyed to avoid giving them sick pay, holidays, expenses etc. A tribunal found against them. 

Sounds like the sort of person who should be dispensing advice on employee's rights right enough. 

23 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I agree that the mainstream parties mainly serve business interests.  This applies to the Tories, Labour, SNP and Lib Dems.

I don’t agree that all the parties have swung to the right though.  In a general, high-level sense, the right have lost so much ground in my lifetime.

If you're talking cultural left/ right, you're probably correct. 

If you're talking economic left/right, there's barely any "left" still standing. 

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That is quite a large list of unions who have nothing to do with the Labour Party, who funds the Labour Party now?

Still mostly the Unions by the looks of it.

Search - The Electoral Commission

I wonder who Dusty TLP Ltd are. Given £400k split between Scottish Labour and the LibDems in Scotland.

Edited by Suspect Device

43 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That is quite a large list of unions who have nothing to do with the Labour Party, who funds the Labour Party now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Party_(UK)_affiliated_trade_union

You do realise that most of those former affiliates don't exist any more? A good few merged to form larger unions, such as Unison and Unite. Others either dissolved or were subsumed by other unions.

42 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Still mostly the Unions by the looks of it.

Search - The Electoral Commission

I wonder who Dusty TLP Ltd are. Given £400k split between Scottish Labour and the LibDems in Scotland.

Owned by  Robert and Jane MacGeachy, who appear to be also involved with this lot

https://www.camphillscotland.org.uk/author/robert-mcgeachy/

It says a lot on what people tolerate now if greedy scum like that can go onto social media and can crow about how badly they treat their employees believing they are above employment laws and simply having any morals at all.
Hasn't he sold up and now lives the life of Riley abroad hence why he can now openly "boast" about how he circumvented workers rights and generally shafted his employees to build his own foreign mansion.