The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

13 minutes ago, S7C said:

That's funny. That's the impression I'm getting from you in here.

Will you marry me?

(that seems very sarcastic and all sorts)

(im not helping myself am I?)

(maybe the faceless nationalists are correct)

(if they were, this would be a very different conversation)

yeah, true

Edited by Jambo99

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 8/5/2018 at 00:13, GordonS said:

I dread dropping into the politics forums, but I'm breaking that for this one.

I think there's a very high chance that, within a decade, Tommy Robinson will be leading a significant British political party that other mainstream parties have to court. With people like Bannon behind him, with American money, with the tacit approval of most of the newspapers read by people in this country and with the platform given to him by the BBC, there's no saying how far he and his ideology can go. I know of very wealthy, successful people who've talked about him as though he's just some poor working class lad being stamped on by the PC elite. We're entering dark times and I fear hugely for the future.

I fear exactly the same thing. There's undoubtedly step by step process going on here with the deliberate aim of moving the centre ground of British politics to the right.

I see that Johnson is in The Telegraph today insulting Islamic women with his casual racism and ignorant stereotyping. He's playing to the UKIP vote again.  

40 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

This is one of the few times I agree  with Johnson. The burka is oppressive but that's no reason to ban it. 

Aye, quite the empathist. It'll go down well with the far right though, without pissing off the libertarian faction, so all good for Boris. I hope his assiduous study of the Koran won't turn him into a suicide bomber, at least in company.

"If you tell me that the burka is oppressive, then I am with you," he said.

"If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree - and I would add that I can find no scriptural authority for the practice in the Koran.

"I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes."

He said businesses and government agencies should be able to "enforce a dress code" that allowed them to see customers' faces.

But he said: "Such restrictions are not quite the same as telling a free-born adult woman what she may or may not wear, in a public place, when she is simply minding her own business."

Edited by welshbairn

Islamaphobia as expounded by the far right is thinly disguised racism used for political purposes.

Sadly it inhibits a sensible, meaningful debate about an oppressive religion and it’s inherent misogyny.

9 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I see angry vitamin salesman/gay frog afficionado Alex Jones has been permanently launched off Facebook/Youtube etc.

Probably get a daily half hour show on the BBC now, mind.

Took long enough didn’t it.  A vile, vile individual.

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

I see angry vitamin salesman/gay frog afficionado Alex Jones has been permanently launched off Facebook/Youtube etc.

Quote enjoying the meltdowns from the usual right wing morons defending him.

"I don't agree with you that the survivors of school shootings are all child actors, but I'll defend to the death your right to scream it in the faces of bereaved parents" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

On 07/08/2018 at 06:03, JamieThomas said:

Pulled his own content IMO. The people claiming to be Facebook/Youtube etc. spokepersons who announced it are clearly paid crisis actors. 

Edited by Arabdownunder

Islamaphobia as expounded by the far right is thinly disguised racism used for political purposes.
Sadly it inhibits a sensible, meaningful debate about an oppressive religion and it’s inherent misogyny.

Tonight thank god it’s them instead of you.

0.9 billion Muslim women have finally found an Arab to lead them out of oppression.

Hallelujah.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Disturbing amount of support for political censorship on here.

The irony is the more you seek to repress views and opinions the you don’t like the more their popularity grows.

There's nothing political about calling parents of murdered children con artists.

9 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I’ve genuinely no idea what you are talking about or who you are referring to.

I read a few pages and there was a demand for the censorship of views (farage/tommy Johnston) because they weren’t liked and differed from people.

Alex Jones and Sandy Hook referenced just a few posts back.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

Tech monopolies acting as censors is a far bigger issue than Alex Jones being able to spout shite.

Private platform sets terms and conditions for content published on said platform

Private platform deletes content from users violating said terms and conditions

??????????????????????