The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

5 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

It's probably not a word then. I forgot the rule that if you wouldn't say something in conversation then don't type it in text. 

If you keep using it it'll become one. We can make it happen.

44 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I wrote ‘decorational’ in an essay once, having seemingly forgotten that ‘decorative’ existed. Marker didn’t pull me up for it tho. 

It appears to have become an actual word in the intervening years, likely due to your use of it. This is the world in which we live.

P&B needs to invent a word that we can inject into the zeitgeist. I don't think we've affected the outside world since the Mumsnet fiasco.

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

It appears to have become an actual word in the intervening years, likely due to your use of it. This is the world in which we live.

P&B needs to invent a word that we can inject into the zeitgeist. I don't think we've affected the outside world since the Mumsnet fiasco.

Mubtumbo might be a good name for an off-brand Um Bongo 

21 minutes ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I have to say as an observer of this politics forum there is a severe lack of reality and representation bias in it. The majority of people in Scotland are not obsessed with politics and do no support independence. Unfortunately many are scared to speak out at the risk of unplesant responses from nationalists, being called racists and so on. I am simply one of the many normal Scots who understands that our Country would collapse on its own.

Scotland has very limited prospects as an independent country and has for many years been run by a corrupt political party. The SNP still wish to join the EU upon gaining independence, simply swapping Westminster for Brussels. This is clearly not independence and in any case won't happen as Scotland doesn't meet the entry requirements, particularly economically due to consistently having one of the worst deficits in Europe.

Incooominggg….! 😃

(well said though)

18 hours ago, BTFD said:

I did try to get cockwomble accepted for Scottish football administrator, with Collins I think. Sounds a bit cringey now though. 

54 minutes ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I am simply one of the many normal Scots who understands that our Country would collapse on its own.

Scotland has very limited prospects as an independent country.

Regardless of all the political and logistical aspect of what the actual independence process would look like (see brexit!), I find that such a depressing outlook.

Even accepting any argument that scotland is better off in the UK, its the equivalent to being an adult and living with your parents for the rest of your life. 

With things as they are, scotland shouldn't be a 'country', it should just be a region of the UK with no say over its affairs. That or an independent country. This betwixt and between situation we have currently is just a nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I have to say as an observer of this politics forum there is a severe lack of reality and representation bias in it. The majority of people in Scotland are not obsessed with politics and do not support independence. Unfortunately many are scared to speak out at the risk of unpleasant responses from nationalists, being called racists and so on. I am simply one of the many normal Scots who understands that our Country would collapse on its own.

Scotland has very limited prospects as an independent country and has for many years been run by a corrupt political party. The SNP still wish to join the EU upon gaining independence, simply swapping Westminster for Brussels. This is clearly not independence and in any case won't happen as Scotland doesn't meet the entry requirements, particularly economically due to consistently having one of the worst deficits in Europe.

Well said. You should become Prime Minister and rule Scotland.

19 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Regardless of all the political and logistical aspect of what the actual independence process would look like (see brexit!), I find that such a depressing outlook.

Even accepting any argument that scotland is better off in the UK, its the equivalent to being an adult and living with your parents for the rest of your life. 

With things as they are, scotland shouldn't be a 'country', it should just be a region of the UK with no say over its affairs. That or an independent country. This betwixt and between situation we have currently is just a nonsense. 

Quite happy to be a region of the Uk.

3 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Quite right. A northern powerhouse. 

Woah - calm down there with your playing up of the wee region of Scotlandshire. We should be a very limited, collapsing, economically-deficient, staunchly Europe-hating, very proud region of the UK and no more, thank you very much.

The glorious masters in Englandshire will certainly keep our hearts and stomachs filled with Union Jacks and pride.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Woah - calm down there with your playing up of the wee region of Scotlandshire. We should be a very limited, collapsing, economically-deficient, staunchly Europe-hating, very proud region of the UK and no more, thank you very much.

The glorious masters in Englandshire will certainly keep our hearts and stomachs filled with Union Jacks and pride.

I hoped that by saying northern  powerhouse it would mean that Rishi would generously pour even more subsidies into my porridge pot.

Hope the Tynesiders and Cumbrians won't hate me for it. 🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Diamond. Dave said:

This is clearly not independence and in any case won't happen as Scotland doesn't meet the entry requirements, particularly economically due to consistently having one of the worst deficits in Europe.

Possibly yes, but mainly due to your corrupt mates in Westminster.

Edited by ICTJohnboy